It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Fleet 2012 Starting From Alien Moonbase

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Whatever it is must be closer to earth than the moon. Even if Ufos were taking off the moon, you wouldnt be able to see them, unless they are the size of an aircraft carrier, or even larger.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Very interesting vid but my intuition says fake. When I try to give reason to my intuition my first thought is....why do they fly so uncoordinated? If these are alien space ships it is ridiculous to expect them to behave like "airforce procedures" ...flying in earth-like formation.

It is my bet that this is a flock of birds and cunningly "planted" on a Moon background.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Some people seem to have serious problems with basic stuff. What the * is wrong with education, guys, seriously?

The first thing I noticed is a confusion by people using the words "dark side" and "far side" of the moon, COMMONLY if someone says "dark side of the moon" or "far side" they mean THAT side of the moon which is NOT pointing towards Earth, on the opposite side of the Moon which cannot seen from Earth. EVER.

The far/opposite side of the Moon is indeed sometimes lit by the Sun as well, when we have "New Moon". The opposite/far side of the Moon is lit but we see the normal, front side of the moon in the dark. We still see the same side of the moon tho. This also explains that "dark side of the moon" is actually not correct but in common slang means "the side we never see".

Does the Moon rotate?

Yes it rotates, but not *relative* to Earth. It rotates "locked in" with Earth in just the exact speed & way that while it moves around we always see the same side. If it would NOT rotate (around itself), we would actually see all sides of the Moon.

edit on 17-9-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

What are you talking about????? The far (dark) side is exposed to us when it's a new Moon. The dark side appears dark to us that's why we STILL can't see it. Why doesn't every one realize this??????????? It's so basic. It's so simple. It's so 5th grade-ish. The Moon rotates but it's timed in a tidal lock so it's rotating at the same speed as it's orbiting us. Good gawd I wish I didn't have to go into this every other month on here. Someone please....help me to help them. The. Moon. Rotates.

How very....very...very......... embarrassing

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I didn't read all the comments so I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this. According to the moon phases for the 15th of Sept 2012 it wasn't a full moon (as shown in the video) in the Northern or Southern Hemisphares. Here's a link. www.moonconnection.com...

This is my first post so sry if the link doesn't work.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It was a New Moon on Saturday and the only thing visable would have been a thin crescent on the left side... The footage looks like a full moon so........... Very Fake.

If its been pointed out previously then sorry. Nice crater to pick though "Aristarchus Crater", the same crater I spotted a flashing object in video footage I made testing my new camera.
edit on 17-9-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
How very....very...very......... embarrassing

Being wrong is embarrassing? Ah. I'm not that fragile nor is my ego that inflated.
Like most, I always thought the Moon kept one side to us, always.

I was somehow convinced a while back that that was a misnomer and in actuality, the Moon DOES rotate.

So, because my ego isn't as big and my head isn't as stubborn as perhaps, yours.....I considered it. After all, I really haven't been staring at the Moon, every day.... my whole life. I just took it for granted.

So the past couple of years, I was under the impression the Moon shows all sides (as she orbits around us) and because we only see the 'face' when it's full....we assume it doesn't rotate .

So now, I will reconsider what I just reconsidered and remain unsure.

And for the few members who get some type of thrill or satisfaction pointing out the errors in others is really pathetic.
Life is a learning curve. We're all learning. And we're all making mistakes. Even in public. If we can assist instead of attack, the world (and this forum) would be a much better place.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMG29

I didn't read all the comments so I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this. According to the moon phases for the 15th of Sept 2012 it wasn't a full moon (as shown in the video) in the Northern or Southern Hemisphares. Here's a link. www.moonconnection.com...

This is my first post so sry if the link doesn't work.

Yeah SMG29....we sure did cover that 'issue'.

I'm just having a hard time considering; if someone is going to go through the time and effort to pull a fast one over on the YouTube community, wouldn't you think they'd get the basic elements worked out?
The guy has two points of interest to work with in order to fool us:
1) the Moon.
2) these objects.
Why would the phase of the Moon escape his prank seeing it's a fundamental part?

It just doesn't make sense.
I'm going to check his comments on his page. Maybe he's come out and addressed the issue.
Thanks for stopping by

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

The moon rotates in a manner in conjunction with our own journey around the sun meaning that the same side of the moon is permanently facing the earth. Another unique attribute.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Some people seem to have serious problems with basic stuff. What the * is wrong with education, guys, seriously?

The first thing I noticed is a confusion by people using the words "dark side" and "far side" of the moon, COMMONLY if someone says "dark side of the moon" or "far side" they mean THAT side of the moon which is NOT pointing towards Earth, on the opposite side of the Moon which cannot seen from Earth. EVER.

The far/opposite side of the Moon is indeed sometimes lit by the Sun as well, when we have "New Moon". The opposite/far side of the Moon is lit but we see the normal, front side of the moon in the dark. We still see the same side of the moon tho. This also explains that "dark side of the moon" is actually not correct but in common slang means "the side we never see".

Does the Moon rotate?

Yes it rotates, but not *relative* to Earth. It rotates "locked in" with Earth in just the exact speed & way that while it moves around we always see the same side. If it would NOT rotate (around itself), we would actually see all sides of the Moon.

edit on 17-9-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for taking the time to explain.

I think the problem is, people are generally divided and confused about this.
We rely on others to tell us certain things (especially when something is 250,000 miles away).

It is basic science but maybe because it's so basic, a mistake is accepted much faster than being challenged.

Someone convinced me not too long ago, that the Moon really DOES rotate and it's not as mysterious as it's been made to appear.

So I considered it.

I looked at the Moon for several days and I noticed the man-in-the-moon 'face' was turning away from me with each passing day. So..............there I was. Now convinced that what I thought I knew for 40 years, was all wrong.

Bottom line, as easy as this is, it's one of the most confusing issues. Probably because starting in school, we're told (or at least under the impression) that the Moon does not rotate which is wrong.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle

The moon rotates in a manner in conjunction with our own journey around the sun meaning that the same side of the moon is permanently facing the earth. Another unique attribute.

There are so many 'unique' attributes to this celestial body that it makes more sense to consider she's artificial than, natural. That's what me-thinks anyway.

I think this perfectly placed barren object which hovers over us, is artificial and furthermore, has NOTHING to do with gravity.
Gravity comes from the Sun in relation to our core.
I will not budge on that one unlike the Moon's rotation which I will concede to being wrong.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

And for the few members who get some type of thrill or satisfaction pointing out the errors in others is really pathetic.

And I would never have mentioned it but for the condescending way in which you referred to the people who claimed rightly that you were 100% wrong (5th graders etc.)....I therefore fail to see how people pointing out your error is any more pathetic than you getting yourself all exasperated when you are corrected.

But you have admitted your error so all is good

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Either way 'SPACE' birds' or not it seems to have interesting footage. I cannot find them anywhere in the footage as far as point of reference until they come from from what looks like moon surface
not sure but good find Human_Alien

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by senselessness
Why isn't this HOAX in the HOAX forum yet?

Why don't you ATS members learn a thing or two about optics and digital imagery before posting this nonsense?

Why isn't Human_Alien banned yet? How many HOAXes has this member contributed to the hoax forum? Too many.
edit on 17-9-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

?????????????

Why should I be banned? I didn't make this up? I didn't generate it then set out to fool you. Besides ....not everyone feels it's a hoax. Who are you? The judge and jury?

I've had one other thread (maybe two. I forget) tossed in the Hoax bin and that was about Obama's birth certificate.

Do you even understand the relationship to a supposed hoax and an ATS member??????

The owners would have to be convinced that it was my intention all along to pull a fast one over you. That was never my intent. I simply found a video I found interesting and shared it here. Period.

Just because something might be proven wrong later on....doesn't mean it was originally designed to fool you.

Get over righteous self. If you never made a mistake then you're wasting your time here. Go join a monastery or something.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

And I would never have mentioned it but for the condescending way in which you referred to the people who claimed rightly that you were 100% wrong (5th graders etc.)....I therefore fail to see how people pointing out your error is any more pathetic than you getting yourself all exasperated when you are corrected.

But you have admitted your error so all is good

You're right. I did come off arrogant
I apologize.

Sometime our affect doesn't come across the way it was intended. I was more joking around than reprimanding and in retrospect, it didn't look cool.
So again, I am sorry!
And, thanks!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
here's the saddest part about what ATS has become.

Original video, okay, it gets some flags and stars, cool!

But every response that throws this video out there as legit gets tons of attention/stars and every post that literally calls it what it is (a *VERY* amateur maya/3dsm project) gets tossed out the window as trollish and uneducated.

If you look at that footage and believe it to be anything other than CGI.....

Holy cow.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimePorkchop

What? Getting called a troll for not believing in a CGI Alien/UFO video? NEVER. Not on ATS

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
To me, the convenience that he's actually managed to capture this is what leads me to believe it's probably a fake....could be legit, but I just find it too convenient that he was just randomly filming the moon, and then he captured the above.

Source: Rational thinking.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Maybe this can help

www.newton.dep.anl.gov...

NEWTON, Ask A Scientist!

Moon's Rotation

Name: Byron
Question: Does the moon rotate on its own axis, like the earth, or do we see the same surface all the time?

Replies:

Hello Byron Thanks for your question. The answer is actually 'Yes the moon does turn on its own axis' and 'yes, we do see the same surface all the time.'

You see the moon turns on its axis at a rate that means that it turns once every 29.5 days - it also takes 29.5 days to travel around the Earth. As a result, we always see the same face of the moon. If you have trouble visualising why this is true - pretend that you are the moon. Find an object like a chair (you will pretend that the chair is the Earth). Now move around the chair so that your body always faces the chair. As you move around - you will have to turn your body so that it faces the chair. You have to turn your body a full rotation every time you do a full circuit of the chair. I hope this helps you.

Cheers Cameron Millsom

www.newton.dep.anl.gov...

edit on 17-9-2012 by azureskys because: added more

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
It was a New Moon on Saturday and the only thing visable would have been a thin crescent on the left side... The footage looks like a full moon so........... Very Fake.

If its been pointed out previously then sorry. Nice crater to pick though "Aristarchus Crater", the same crater I spotted a flashing object in video footage I made testing my new camera.
edit on 17-9-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

Exactly...

An impossible footage of a full moon on September 15th, at the time of a new moon.

Pure CGI.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join