It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Fleet 2012 Starting From Alien Moonbase

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
Ok, I posted a rebuttal thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thought it was too long a post to just reply to this thread (sorry) showing how easy it is to make videos such as the OPs just using After Effects....I believe the original video in the OP is indeed a hoax in my opinion.

So what? We can replicate Human conception in a Petri dish now. Does that mean fornicating isn't real?

Just because you can replicate something..... doesn't prove falsehood. It only proves, we can actually mimic reality
Sorry.

But I do give you an E for effort and I thank you for making its own thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I understand where you are coming from: just because we can duplicate something, does not mean it invalidates the evidence.

However, the problem is: that it can be replicated.

That means the chances of it (the original video) being real and not CGI diminishes greatly.

If on the other hand, there was no way to replicate it, the chances of it being real go up.

As you said: the problem is that in today's world, we can work magic on our computers, and you don't even have to have a lot of education in that area anymore to fake things. Software has come such a long ways that just about anyone can do it if they want.

I think the video looks pretty cool.....but then I also think it's very suspect. But then I work with CGI and particle emitters a lot. In both videos, the objects are behaving just like a particle emitter, and achieving the twinkling on them is very easy to create based upon the properties you give the emitter particles.

Again, just my opinion. Maybe this is real and it is a fleet of alien craft (they must be huge however), but again, with what we can achieve now.....it makes it really hard to know what is, and what is not real anymore.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I agree with you for sure...the more it looks like a duck...well. And I didn't even use any particle emitter plugins to make my vids lol...only animated shapes and I think it turned out pretty close!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by oxbow

Please answer me this and ONLY this. Please.

It's a new Moon right now.

What side of the Moon is facing us?

Answer just this one question. Your choice is
1) the far side
2) the Face

Thanks!

We never see the far side of the Moon from Earth. Yes we're looking at the dark side of the Moon when it's 'New' but not the far side of it.

Btw, the Moon does in fact rotate. It spins approximately 13 times per year.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I respect your well thought-out analogy and reasoning.

It's funny when you say: 'because it can be replicated...." that almost implies it's being replicated from something to begin with.

But....who knows?

Personally I am straddling this fence evenly. I am not leaning over to one side over the other because both sides hold intrigue and consideration.

Thanks for sharing your beliefs and opinions

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

reply to post by oxbow

1) the far side
2) the Face

Thanks!

We never see the far side of the Moon from Earth. Yes we're looking at the dark side of the Moon when it's 'New' but not the far side of it.

Thanks! So what you're saying is, right now during this New Moon phase, the "Face" of the Moon is facing us only, we can't see it because it's not illuminated by the Sun. Right?

I just want you to know, there are people who argue this and it's then that it gets very confusing.
I am 125,000,000 miles away from the Moon so I have to trust other people however there is controversy about this and it just becomes confusing.

But I do believe what you're saying though. Tidal locked it is!!!
Thanks!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I respect your well thought-out analogy and reasoning.

It's funny when you say: 'because it can be replicated...." that almost implies it's being replicated from something to begin with.

But....who knows?

Personally I am straddling this fence evenly. I am not leaning over to one side over the other because both sides hold intrigue and consideration.

Thanks for sharing your beliefs and opinions

Thanks. Glad to see that you're being critical of it (also sort of sorry to see that.....you've always had a sort of big enthusiasm for this subject, and I think over time you've come to realize that there are fakes out there, and they are starting to get you down some. But chin up, there are still plenty of things out there that can't be explained).

This reminds me of a friend that saw this video I made. They swore up and down that it was a real place (it's not, it's all computer generated. It's from a very old adventure game, and I was experimenting putting it in a new game engine that renders things more realistic).
The waterfall that you see at the end of the video is all particle emitters (and for those that are curious, yes, this is Gahreesen from Uru, and yes, that is the CryEngine that I was using):

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Thanks for that video. This is what I like about ATS!

jra

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Besides the UFO's looking like something from a particle emitter. The particles themselves look so small and fine, that it doesn't really match the more fuzzy image of the Moon. Plus you'd think the chromatic aberration would appear on the "UFO's" as well and not just on the Moon. The image of the Moon also appears to be static. I don't see any atmospheric distortion that one typically sees in videos recorded through a telescope.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I am eagerly awaiting confirmation on this from the thousands and thousands of amateur astronomers watching the moon each night

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I apologise if someone has said this already, I haven't read all the comments but it looks to me like birds of some description passing in front of a telescope aimed at the moon. Why do i think this? because the path the objects travel seems to be a curved one (like birds being carried on a thermal) surely objects in space don't travel like that, is the moons gravity that strong that it would cause the paths of the objects to be curved?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Birds, Bats, Balloons or Bull# LOL

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Attack of the Giant Moon Birds!!! Everybody Run!!! They are Miles Across!!!

Humilien... humilien... shakes head.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by robbo961
I apologise if someone has said this already, I haven't read all the comments but it looks to me like birds of some description passing in front of a telescope aimed at the moon. Why do i think this? because the path the objects travel seems to be a curved one (like birds being carried on a thermal) surely objects in space don't travel like that, is the moons gravity that strong that it would cause the paths of the objects to be curved?

I am the OP and that's what I said from the get-go.

So in order: I think it's:
A flock of birds
A fleet of craft
or
CGI (which I have a hard time surrendering to because why fake something only to overlook a huge proponent of your dastardly deed and make the Moon the wrong phase) Seems like shoddy and/or lazy work.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

reply to post by oxbow

1) the far side
2) the Face

Thanks!

Thanks! So what you're saying is, right now during this New Moon phase, the "Face" of the Moon is facing us only, we can't see it because it's not illuminated by the Sun. Right?

I just want you to know, there are people who argue this and it's then that it gets very confusing.
I am 125,000,000 miles away from the Moon so I have to trust other people however there is controversy about this and it just becomes confusing.

But I do believe what you're saying though. Tidal locked it is!!!
Thanks!

Wow!!!

Greetings Space traveller.......Im only 250,000 miles from the Moon...which planet are you from? Are you a Jupiterian?

Can you Speak English?..do you want me tooo type slowerrrrr...

Earth is only 93,000,000 miles from the Sun.....Are you cold where you are? Whats it like where you come from?

Cool, Another Real Alien on ATS......Yey.

edit on 16-9-2012 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

I mis-spoke (sort to speak)
I meant a little over quarter million miles. I typed it out wrong.

Thanks for correcting me. I'd hate to start more false rumors

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
That looks like a manipulated still photo of the moon to me. There is no atmospheric disturbance to the image which is usual under high zoom from Earth (I presume the video was taken from Earth?).

The type of disturbance I'm talking about can clearly be seen in this video. This is also what makes the stars appear to twinkle

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16/9/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I was enjoying this thread until it was shown to me how it could be faked in the other thread... ooohhhhh you meddling kids!!! Foiled again!!

It most likely is the best explanation though... cgi work. Cool catch anyway.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

...well,they closed my other thread so sorry OP I'll have to add it to this one :/ when i get a moment

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
New, Sorry, figuring this stuff out

If I can throw my 2 cents in here though, something similar to this video happened to me a few times in my telescope. Turns out for me, it was very tiny dewlettes, moisture drops on my objective lense, as I tend to sit for very long periods of time, watching, hmmmm..., and waiting perhaps?
2nd thing, I caught a lil something odd the other night just a lil north & east of the pleiades. I managed out of 3 to get 1 somewhat decent picture, any idea where or how I can show this somewhere, see what people think or if even have a similiar picture?
Cheer Ya'll

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join