It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Fleet 2012 Starting From Alien Moonbase

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
One thing I noticed, in this footage the moon doesn't seem to be moving. When focus in on the moon with a telescope to get a shot like this, the telescope has to track the moon, or the moon will soon move out of the scopes field of vision. Good telescopes have tracking drives, but even with a good tracking drive there is some jerking motion.

I'm not seeing any tracking motion in this video.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
Firstly, where is the moon base exactly? [if one does exist]

Secondly, such a short clip...you would have thought the clip would have been much longer to actually show how long it took the OP of the video to record the event in its entirety.

Nice find, S&F

But I am sure this video will be shot down into the HOAX bin sometime in near future....well, maybe until proof does arise about a moon base (non-human) and aliens leaving the moon (not chinese lanterns, birds, CGI effects, particles, lightning bugs, etc...)

Thanks Skywatcher

Hoax bin? Well, it wouldn't be my first go-round in there but I know you know.....I never make threads to dupe anyone. It is my honest intention that I am sharing interesting information.

I have no way of knowing if this is CGI'd or not. And just because you can replicate it, still doesn't make it so. Hell, we now have holographic technology to replicate an entire city. That doesn't mean all cities are fake.

So it's getting harder and harder to decipher what's real anymore. It's time we all turn telepathic then truth will just be known------ not proven.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

I understand exactly what goes on, but when a new moon occurs they call it the "dark side"

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Obvious fake is obvious. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
really weird i hope this isn't photoshopped....

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Wow, it does look as if they're all originating from the same bright spot on the Moon but there's some pretty neat things you can do with Adobe software if you have the buck$$ or just do it while monkeying around in school.

On a somewhat related note - has anyone out there seen "Iron Sky"? It will never get to my neck of the woods but looks as if it could be a pretty decent spoof on Moon Nazis. Just wondering if it would be worth the time to pick up a DVD when it comes out. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by AlphaHawk
reply to post by Human_Alien

You can't see the far side of the moon from earth.

It's tidally locked to us so we see the same side all the time. (give or take a few degrees of latitude, depending on the cycle.)
edit on 16-9-2012 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

What are you talking about?????

The far (dark) side is exposed to us when it's a new Moon. The dark side appears dark to us that's why we STILL can't see it.

Why doesn't every one realize this???????????
It's so basic.
It's so simple.
It's so 5th grade-ish.

The Moon rotates but it's timed in a tidal lock so it's rotating at the same speed as it's orbiting us.

Good gawd I wish I didn't have to go into this every other month on here.
Someone please....help me to help them.

The. Moon. Rotates.

The Moon's rotation is tidally locked to the Earth. As such, it mostly presents one side to the Earth at all times.

The "dark" side of the Moon is the nickname for the side that we don't see. It actually receives just as much light as the side facing us.

The darkened parts of the Moon (lunar phases) are caused by the Moons shadow as it is lit by the Sun from different angles at different times of the month (i.e: at different locations during its orbit with respect to the Sun, as viewed from the Earth).

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Looks like CGI to me.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Nice. It can't be birds, simply cannot be, unless birds can fly around outside or at the very edge of our atmosphere. CGI is a possibility, boosted up by the sensationalist title of the YT video. But, these things do exist, and from many reports we know there are objects several hundred feet in length/diameter quite possibly out there... so it's interesting. Not sober enough to run a proper analysis on it, but I would say this: Do we have a time and date? Because I'm sure there would be more than one person watching the moon at any given time. If we can lock down a time and date, perhaps there's a way to find out if other astronomers were looking in that direction. Apologies that I'm not reading 11 pages on this one.

Also, whether these objects would really be lit up against the moon, or seem dimmed if they were real. Still a fun vid, gets you thinking. Nice weekend viewing! [SNIP - vulgarity. Please refer to T&Cs]

edit on 16-9-2012 by markymint because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/9/2012 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
reply to post by DrGod

I understand exactly what goes on, but when a new moon occurs they call it the "dark side"

No, they don't. You sound even more confused. This is basic Cub Scout level skywatching. If you don't even know this simple stuff, how do you figure you are capable of judging more complex controversies?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I have a 10 inch Orion reflector telescope on a Atlas EQ mount that tracks the moon quite easily and smooth as silk. No jerking whatsoever. It's not a cheap setup, but it's quite smooth.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

(Holding out an olive branch) Jim, would you, could you please explain the Moon's rotation please? I know I didn't help because I too am confused. All I know is it DOES rotate while it orbits much to the chagrin of those who think otherwise.
But I was told/taught, all sides do face Earth in the 28 days of orbiting. It's only that we see the 'face' when it's a full Moon.
So obviously I'm wrong too.
So being the science celebrity here on ATS, could you please educate us? Thanks Jim!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
reply to post by poet1b

I have a 10 inch Orion reflector telescope on a Atlas EQ mount that tracks the moon quite easily and smooth as silk. No jerking whatsoever. It's not a cheap setup, but it's quite smooth.

Nice! Can you catch a shot of a fully illuminated New Moon still today?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

reply to post by poet1b

Is that a sarcastic remark DO or a sincere question?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by dayve
reply to post by DrGod

No, they don't. You sound even more confused. This is basic Cub Scout level skywatching. If you don't even know this simple stuff, how do you figure you are capable of judging more complex controversies?

Lol ok... I can prove that during the new moon its called the dark side.... But i'll let you work on the basic google skills level search and figure it out yourself...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

You know man, I think I am with you on the 'new moon - dark side' understanding.

I know most people say the Moon does not rotate and it's there that things get confusing.

I always thought, when it's a new Moon, like it is right now, the 'dark/far side' is facing us HOWEVER, we still can't see it.

Let's see if Mr Oberg will help out (devoid insulting anyone hopefully)

link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

reply to post by poet1b

Is that a sarcastic remark DO or a sincere question?

Sorry, sometimes I forget that what's obvious to me doesn't always come across when written. Yes it was sarcastic, very sarcastic. Probably due to his boneheaded comment earlier.

link   

reply to post by JimOberg

(Holding out an olive branch) Jim, would you, could you please explain the Moon's rotation please? I know I didn't help because I too am confused. All I know is it DOES rotate while it orbits much to the chagrin of those who think otherwise.
But I was told/taught, all sides do face Earth in the 28 days of orbiting. It's only that we see the 'face' when it's a full Moon.
So obviously I'm wrong too.
So being the science celebrity here on ATS, could you please educate us? Thanks Jim!

HA, it's simple really:

The moon does rotate. It takes 28 Earth days for it to do so.

So 1 "moon day" is 28 Earth days long.

28 Earth days is also how long it takes the moon to make 1 orbit around the Earth.

Because of this, the moon always has one side facing us.

Here's a link explaining it:

Moon's Appearance From Earth

The Moon is in synchronous rotation: it rotates about its axis in about the same time it takes to orbit the Earth. This results in it nearly always keeping the same face turned towards the Earth.

Here's a picture of the moon lit up by "Earth Shine". The moon is waxing, and with your eyes, normally you'd see only the crescent, but the camera can catch the faint light of the light reflected off the earth and lighting up the moon. As you can see, the "Dark Side" that is faintly lit up, is the side that we also see during a full moon:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Ok, I posted a rebuttal thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thought it was too long a post to just reply to this thread (sorry) showing how easy it is to make videos such as the OPs just using After Effects....I believe the original video in the OP is indeed a hoax in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Thanks my friend

That's what I've always been taught until I was 'taught' something else.

You know, the more you realize the peculiarities of the Moon the more it's easy to consider it....artificial.

But that's another topic for another thread at another time.

Thanks again!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join