It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love is natures trick that gets you to breed. (You aren't special)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
All of it designed for one purpose and that is to get you to keep reproducing. That's the very basic of human existence is to keep you popping kids out. What you define as love is chemical trance a system of control nature uses to push you into breeding. (Basically there is nothing special about LOVE)

This is the cold harsh truth people. There are no magical divine twin flames or soulmates. All there is are two flesh machines called human beings meant for breeding. Everything else around such as technology simple makes it easier to complete that task. Also when you can't breed anymore it doesn't change the fact that breeding is your only top program. Just because you found a new hobby outside of reproducing doesn't change the fact that you're a meaningless flesh bot.

If anything your new hobby may lead you to invent a new tech that will make transportation easier allowing millions of people to be safer. Because of that more people will have a chance to mate. THIS IS WHAT I MEAN WHEN I SAY EVERYTHING GOES BACK TO REPRODUCTION.

-Security
-Reproduction
-and the Ability to keep the cycle going.

These 3 things are the foundation of human life. Not love or happiness stuff like this is just a cover you ignorant people use. You exist to breed and if you can't do so you'll be used to keep the cycle going strong for other humans who can mate.

Relationships

If you go into relationships understanding that love isn't special you will both be less sad once things go wrong. Both of you have to realize that you're just a flesh machines designed for breeding (Everything else is a means to keep the cycle going) Always keep in mind that we ALL can stop loving each other if we don't have the correct chemical and/or mindset. Love is NOT unconditional for humans by any means. Secondly, understand that we all pick our mates based on looks, height, weight, and a little on personality. Breeding is 100% shallow and you all should accept it.

When people say personality is what matters most........they are lying. Personality is merely a system of how you react to situations. In truth what really turns men and women on are our basic primitive sexual drives. How much Alpha/Beta male traits overall will determine if said female will like you. How much feminine/motherly traits will determine your value. I really, really hate saying those things but that is the brutal cold nature of human breeding. Men are visual so women will always have to look attractive as the culture demands. Women will always seek a strong provider and protector male.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Another thread on this?
Is it yourself you are trying to convince? Bad breakup?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
BREED?..... I ain't got time to breed!

Seriously though, if you break it down to the bare bones your maybe right. However, there is more to love than having kids IMO.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
so according to your theory then when a person is no longer able to breed, for whatever reasons, it is impossible for them to be in love?
or does this chemical continue to be produced even after it becomes impossible for a person to breed? in which case that means this chemical is always present and may not have anything to do with love?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I guess you can look at it that way if you want.

IMO, being close to someone and experiencing the co-creation of your intertwined realities is a wonderful thing to behold. There really are wonderful worlds beyond the limitations we impose on ourselves.

Try not to judge the human heart based on some people who barely know how to keep it in their own chest.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

What you write may have more truth to it than some people in this thread choose to realize. However, it is mostly true for women, i have come to realize. Sure it is true for many men as well, the weak minded ones with no real interests or passions. However, among men we have many exceptions to disprove that what you said is true. As an example, just look at Nikola Tesla, his whole life he ignored women completely for the benefit of science. A man can have other passions than just women, for which they burn more strongly.

Although at first glance i gladly admit that what you say is probably true for the majority of men as well as women.
edit on 16-9-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
You might be partially right if you choose to look only at the surface.

I personally agree love is a silly thing to be preoccupied about but the drive is not to breed it is to have sex, the act that might lead to children does not necessitate actually having children and that is what the drive seems to focus on.

Your entire philosophy sounds like a complicated defense mechanism to me. Denying a spiritual connection just because it will not last the entirety of your life isn't prudent and can take away some very real and intense experience.

The lie society is telling us is that we can only love one, is that monogamy is awesome, is that love is an A-B thing... These things are beneficial should you choose to rule a group of people but not really for the people. The problem being that people are so susceptible to brainwashing and jealousy it isn't difficult to get us to follow along with the program...

If you want to know love your first and worst obstacle is to eliminate jealousy from your self.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
what about people , who are together for the soul purpose of just being there for each other? . just because your in a relationship , it doesn't mean you have to have kids or "breed" . when i'm in a relationship , sex doesn't matter to me! i just love the feeling you get , when your with someone who loves you just as much as you love them . you must experience more , before you go off making claims that nobody can prove or disprove.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

The Darkness agree with you.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by Alyssa

What you write may have more truth to it than some people in this thread choose to realize. However, it is mostly true for women, i have come to realize. Sure it is true for many men as well, the weak minded ones with no real interests or passions. However, among men we have many exceptions to disprove that what you said is true. As an example, just look at Nikola Tesla, his whole life he ignored women completely for the benefit of science. A man can have other passions than just women, for which they burn more strongly.

Although at first glance i gladly admit that what you say is probably true for the majority of men as well as women.
edit on 16-9-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

Nikola Tesla did as I said all overs do when they aren't breeding. Those who don't breed find ways to keep the breeding cycle of others safe and on going. Our existence no matter what we do revolves around mating and the cycle.

Originally posted by Consequence
Another thread on this?
Is it yourself you are trying to convince? Bad breakup?

I'm incapable of love so I have no reason to convince myself.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I think that true love is not for breeding purposes but to insure the staying together of the parents to give offspring a good chance. You are mixing 'fancying' someone to loving someone. If wanting sex with someone is a simple chair, then love is a big cumfy sofa in comparison.
I am married for over 20 years now and we love each other very much, we are best friends as much as lovers and here comes the clincher. We have always decided that we don;t want children.
And we don't have any and never will even though we are completely capable...bliss.
Either we are freaks of nature [possibly] or the idea of true love = breeding is a load of ballony.

Companionship between mammals doesn't always mean they want to breed. It is sad if the OP believes that. Hope he/she finds someone worthy one day.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
I think that true love is not for breeding purposes but to insure the staying together of the parents to give offspring a good chance. You are mixing 'fancying' someone to loving someone. If wanting sex with someone is a simple chair, then love is a big cumfy sofa in comparison.
I am married for over 20 years now and we love each other very much, we are best friends as much as lovers and here comes the clincher. We have always decided that we don;t want children.
And we don't have any and never will even though we are completely capable...bliss.
Either we are freaks of nature [possibly] or the idea of true love = breeding is a load of ballony.

Companionship between mammals doesn't always mean they want to breed. It is sad if the OP believes that. Hope he/she finds someone worthy one day.

You are confusing your thoughts with what humans natural purpose is. You may say you love your husband but that love is merely chemicals in your body pushing you to bond so you can produce babies. Even if you don't want children your body demands something different.

Beyond our belief system of love, hope and the divine is a very cold blunt almost disturbing reality.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
You are quite wrong. You are only seeing half of the picture, if that. Just as the human body evolves, so does the human mind - through culture.

Although one way to pass on ourselves to the next generation is through our genes, another way is through our contributions to humanity.

Meanwhile, who says that the individual's life experience is not important? One of the best things in life is to find someone to connect to, trust and share your life with -

And, let's not forget that your individual life experience is your whole existence. Therefore it is in your best interest to make it as enjoyable as possible!

Love can be expressed in many different ways. For example, the love that exists between two friends, or the love that exists between a mother and her child. Without love, there would be no humanity.

Even animals love each other. A few, such as beavers and foxes, even mate for life.

Check out this Wikipedia article on love
edit on 16-9-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Oh great another one of Alyssa's fantastic threads.

I think it would be more accurate to say sexual urges are natures trick to make us breed. Love is natures trick to make us stop having sex with all other people on Earth except one person, with whom you'll likely have 2 or 3 kids and then retire after they leave home.

And just let me point out that I never wants kids... ever. If there were a simple sterilization pill for men I would take it. My sexual urges may completely disappear, however that would not stop me from wanting love. Love is something much more emotional than instinctual. We want to share our soul with another person and support each other into old age.

If you claim to be incapable of love that's not completely unbelievable. It would indicate an alarming lack of empathy verging into the psychopathic range but it's not necessarily a bad thing. I mean there's a lot more to life than falling in love and having a family. That's so cliche and predictable imo. Not everyone needs to do that.
edit on 16/9/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Oh that's what is going on. Wow... I tried to explain to her many times how she could improve her life experience, but she seems to be intent on suffering, or maybe she wants to figure it out for herself. Maybe she needs to learn something from her experiences. We all have to walk through darkness before we see the light - some make it, some don't.

Although I have to admit, her writing style and arguments have improved a lot. I'll go ahead and give her a star. She almost has me convinced, except for a few key points!

It is also possible that the OP is a psychopath, which is unfortunately incurable. This would make her life experience far different from the normal person's. If this is the case, it is something she has to deal with, and that itself can be hard as consequences tend to catch up to actions eventually. But my point is, she could be accurately describing things from her perspective.
edit on 16-9-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Gays would disagree with you perhaps?

And it's only women who can "pop" kids out so saying "you" doesn't allow for the division of the sexes.

Single, celibate, HAPPY, and not confusing love with need thanks.

Nice post, but a little stereotyped.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

There are no magical divine twin flames or soulmates.

I find that to be a purely opinionated stance. You cannot falsify the existence of a soul, and therefore are unqualified to suppose a scenario where neither souls nor soulmates exist. Besides, those are nice little thoughts if you want to believe in them.

Secondly, understand that we all pick our mates based on looks, height, weight, and a little on personality. Breeding is 100% shallow and you all should accept it.

Breeding is a rather big commitment. It takes 18 years of your own life away from you, preventing you from doing things you'd like to do. The percentage of the population who choose to breed is rather small versus the total number of copulations taking place worldwide. You can perform the act without being in love, and also just to satisfy physical cravings. I'll suppose that Love is the feeling that tricks you into the "commitment" of raising an offspring, and that there are a number of individuals who don't fall into that category.

You come across as a very jaded individual. Wow. My head was spinning as I read your opinions. You are not incapable of love, just denying the the existence thereof.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

So,basically all those years that I spent on the pill were for nothing?
My only purpose in life was to get pregnant by some bozo and have
a baby.

CX

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I've had partners where we couldn't have sex for long periods of time due to health reasons, cancer and the likes, that didn't stop me loving them and wanting to be with them. have fun with them, do everything with them forever.....despite the sex.

I didn't run off looking to breed.

So in my opinion, sex is not the be all and end all, and you don't just love in order to breed. Don't get me wrong, sex, it's fantastic.....but it ain't everything, and plenty of others get this eventually too.

CX.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
So you've probably never had sex with someone you really despised but thought they were hot... Procreating is the last thing from your mind in that situation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join