It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

That's my girl with the gorilla... but she's totally safe, says father

page: 3
11
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaskunk
 


I'm just going to say it...

Are you really that stupid?

Chimpanzee: Pan troglodytes
en.wikipedia.org...

Gorilla: Gorilla gorilla
en.wikipedia.org...

Human: Homo sapiens
en.wikipedia.org...

Orangutan: Pongo borneo
en.wikipedia.org...

The recognized great apes all behave differently and ARE NOT the same.

The damage you have shown is from a Chimpanzee a known dangerous and unpredictable great ape, not much different from humans...

NOT a Gorilla.

Show some Gorilla damage from an unprovoked gorilla or shut the hell up jackwagon.




posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord
 



It's all the same to me, wild animal is a wild animal.

If offered to, i would even put a bullet in the face of every single gorilla alive if it could save the life of one human.

Can't believe i am here debating with someone that putting a baby beside a gorilla is a bad thing.



posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord
 


Why are you defending so hard???
It's not even a case of the gorilla becoming aggressive.
They are strong, they can't know that they are 10 times stronger than us and can't know for sure how hard to handle us.
All that gorilla needed to do was pick the baby up a little too firmly and there'd be hell to pay.



posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
I find this profoundly touching and quite beautiful.

People will trust their children with dogs and cats (both carnivores regardless domestication) whereas gentle, intelligent, social, primarily vegetarian apes are considered dangerous?

I get it that people are scared of what they don't know.
Please remember, the motto of this board is "Deny Ignorance"

Get to know the apes. Do some learning about primateology.
For instance, how's your memory compared to a chimpanzee?


Didn't you hear about Travis the chimp Dru? Chimps are capable of horrendous acts of violence


Travis (chimpanzee)



posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 369821
reply to post by AkumaStreak
 


No, But there are Bulls in Chicago. LOL


ROFL. Made my day!



posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I wouldnt be all that surprised if the father has his daughter placed in child protective custody by the authorities. we have seen many vids of creatures like this having compassion. however you cant really know what this mammal is thinking, and you cant talk to them. Understandably, people can be far worse, however this just seems too risky



posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The chimp that ripped the woman's face off had been raised like a child. it was "friendly" no one will ever know why it did what it did. I would not feel so secure as this man does.



posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphaskunk
reply to post by Jinglelord
 



It's all the same to me, wild animal is a wild animal.

If offered to, i would even put a bullet in the face of every single gorilla alive if it could save the life of one human.

Can't believe i am here debating with someone that putting a baby beside a gorilla is a bad thing.



I was with you up until that point, heh. Plenty of gorillas more deserving of life than many humans. :-P Doesn't mean I'd let my kid be BFFs with a handful of them. ::gorilla racism?!::
edit on 9/16/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
I wouldnt be all that surprised if the father has his daughter placed in child protective custody by the authorities. we have seen many vids of creatures like this having compassion. however you cant really know what this mammal is thinking, and you cant talk to them. Understandably, people can be far worse, however this just seems too risky


That is something I would like to see. Not because I want to break up the family, but because I would be very interested in TIME TRAVELING SOCIAL SERVICES. ::trollface::



posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
reply to post by Jinglelord
 


Why are you defending so hard???
It's not even a case of the gorilla becoming aggressive.
They are strong, they can't know that they are 10 times stronger than us and can't know for sure how hard to handle us.
All that gorilla needed to do was pick the baby up a little too firmly and there'd be hell to pay.


Because ignorance about the world around us leads to idiots thinking it is okay to hurt wild animals. Because Gorillas are regularly feared and that fear is leveraged to hunt, kill, and sell their flipping hands as ashtrays.

Because no Gorilla has ever attacked a human without provocation and even with provocation a Gorilla does not attack to kill. A large silverback who can easily kill a human does not when provoked. They threaten and beat their chests maybe knock them down or give a little bite... They are gentle creatures.

They are NOT chimpanzees. People are getting two different species with different survival strategies, different diets, different social patterns confused.

I am defending this hard because I despise the stupidity and ignorance surrounding this very important difference.

I don't want to see people killing these animals because they think they are a threat. They clearly are not.



posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord

Originally posted by Chukkles
reply to post by Jinglelord
 


Why are you defending so hard???
It's not even a case of the gorilla becoming aggressive.
They are strong, they can't know that they are 10 times stronger than us and can't know for sure how hard to handle us.
All that gorilla needed to do was pick the baby up a little too firmly and there'd be hell to pay.


Because ignorance about the world around us leads to idiots thinking it is okay to hurt wild animals. Because Gorillas are regularly feared and that fear is leveraged to hunt, kill, and sell their flipping hands as ashtrays.

Because no Gorilla has ever attacked a human without provocation and even with provocation a Gorilla does not attack to kill. A large silverback who can easily kill a human does not when provoked. They threaten and beat their chests maybe knock them down or give a little bite... They are gentle creatures.

They are NOT chimpanzees. People are getting two different species with different survival strategies, different diets, different social patterns confused.

I am defending this hard because I despise the stupidity and ignorance surrounding this very important difference.

I don't want to see people killing these animals because they think they are a threat. They clearly are not.


Clearly a 300 pound gorilla is a threat to a baby.

And Brassens said so




I rest my case
edit on 16-9-2012 by alphaskunk because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
I wouldnt be all that surprised if the father has his daughter placed in child protective custody by the authorities. we have seen many vids of creatures like this having compassion. however you cant really know what this mammal is thinking, and you cant talk to them. Understandably, people can be far worse, however this just seems too risky


That is something I would like to see. Not because I want to break up the family, but because I would be very interested in TIME TRAVELING SOCIAL SERVICES. ::trollface::

Yeah,. ya got me..



posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chargeit "You can never predict what a wild animal can do."


worth repeating. and absolutely true.
edit on 16/9/12 by RoScoLaz because: add quotation marks



posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ollncasino
 


Not something everyone can do. I recall another video of a trainer who owned a lion and had to release him to the wild, 10 years later? He goes out to see if he can find him and as the tiger prowled up on him, he jumps on him licking him on the face like they were old buddies. The lions was now part of a pride of his own.



posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Im gonna have to go with common sense on this and say don't let your baby play with a gorilla. Get yourself a jolly jumper instead.



posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Ive seen some insane opinions on here but thinking is cool to let your baby play with a gorilla is crazy . I understand that you love these creatures and that they are smart and compassionate and blah blah blah but how the heck is a gorilla supposed to know how sensitive a human baby is to injury. A simple shake can be fatal. This beast could have messed up this baby bad very easily and unintentionally. Gorillas know about gorilla babies not human babies. The benefit does not outweigh the risk.



posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaskunk
 


So you post pics of what a chimp did to someone in a thread about a gorilla?? That would be like posting pics of someone who was attacked by a wolf on thread about dog.

I agree wild animals are unpredictable but humans are more dangerous and unpredictable then any other animal. Show me one animal that is happy one day and the next day goes on a mass killing spree or a mother for no reason kills her children.

So you say you would shoot every gorilla if it saves one person?? I will have to disagree with that. I think animals have the right to defend themselves and young from stupid people when we are in their territory. I know its hard for you to believe but we dont own the earth, they were here first.

So you would feel like a hero and proud of yourself for shooting a defensless creature that would only attack to protect their young so you could protect some idiot that did something very bad to provoke the attack. You must be a badass, you should put those badass skills to good use and be a SEAL or SF.
There are some evil people out there way more deserving of a bullet then a gorilla.



posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ussoldier
 


Even if the human provoked the situation, i would shoot the entire gorilla family without hesitation if that person was in danger. If he caused the incident or not.

Humans first.



posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ussoldier
reply to post by alphaskunk
 


So you post pics of what a chimp did to someone in a thread about a gorilla?? That would be like posting pics of someone who was attacked by a wolf on thread about dog.

I agree wild animals are unpredictable but humans are more dangerous and unpredictable then any other animal. Show me one animal that is happy one day and the next day goes on a mass killing spree or a mother for no reason kills her children.

So you say you would shoot every gorilla if it saves one person?? I will have to disagree with that. I think animals have the right to defend themselves and young from stupid people when we are in their territory. I know its hard for you to believe but we dont own the earth, they were here first.

So you would feel like a hero and proud of yourself for shooting a defensless creature that would only attack to protect their young so you could protect some idiot that did something very bad to provoke the attack. You must be a badass, you should put those badass skills to good use and be a SEAL or SF.
There are some evil people out there way more deserving of a bullet then a gorilla.



I could be wrong but I think you misunderstand what he is saying. Im guessing he meant kill all gorillas to save an innocent person. He holds the value of our species higher than others. Right or wrong I feel the same. Hell I get mad when people donate to humane societies because the cash could have gone to starving children but i guess thats why its good to have different opinions



posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaskunk
 


ya i guess i should just let others speak for themselves. sorry mate



new topics

top topics



 
11
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join