It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Illustrated Field Guide to Internet Kooks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Very well presented. I particularly like the way Serdar Argic picked up on a reference to "Cuban chili" and turned it into "Cuban troops!" It shows he had read just enough of the recipe to weave it into his entirely fantastical rant.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Very well presented. I particularly like the way Serdar Argic picked up on a reference to "Cuban chili" and turned it into "Cuban troops!" It shows he had read just enough of the recipe to weave it into his entirely fantastical rant.

The consensus was that he had written a script (dubbed the "Zumabot") that automatically scoured the newsgroups for mentions of "Turkey" (though there must have been some secondary checks, because it didn't respond to every mention of the word) and then parsed the article for proper names and inserted them into his template to personalize it (thus, response to this post might include "So adjensen, whose criminal Armenian grandparents thoughtlessly slaughtered Turks in their cradles, returns to defend their actions!" followed by random rants on the subject.)

Though theories abound, I don't think that anyone ever conclusively determined who "Serdar Argic" was, though signs pointed to an exchange student at the University of Minnesota.

As I mentioned, Joel Furr (a bit of a kook himself,) made t-shirts to commemorate the fight against Argic -- I looked around and couldn't find pictures online, so I dug mine out and snapped these. Tribute to an undocumented and bygone era, lol.

The front has a hideous graphic, printed in that icky, smelly rubbery plastic that makes it feel like it's 200 degrees out ten seconds after you put it on (explaining the shirt's great condition -- I never wore or washed it, lol) and the back is a "concert tour" list of the newsgroups with the largest infestations of Argic's rants.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by seraphnb
Sad thing is, the guy behind Spirit Science actually believes that this guy is Thoth ... lol

ETA: oh lol, you found out the details about him through my Pastebin ... nicely done, sir.

That was you, eh? Well good on you, thanks for posting that Pastebin file. I tracked down the rest of the stuff in that post once I had his name, but it looks like we both came to the same conclusion. Scammers will always be there to take advantage of the gullible, and if you read the comments on some of those videos, gullibility seems to be the new normal in some circles.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Heres the thing , what is most kooks are actually just CIA/FBI/etc. psychological operations . so many people read these things , it makes excellent op for a variety of goals. Like circulating disinfo, testing peoples reactions to different ideas/concepts, getting stats on the people who are inerested in the webpage info, etc. the list goes on...

the kooks are ops by the alphabet agencies!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DivineEvolution
Heres the thing , what is most kooks are actually just CIA/FBI/etc. psychological operations . so many people read these things , it makes excellent op for a variety of goals. Like circulating disinfo, testing peoples reactions to different ideas/concepts, getting stats on the people who are inerested in the webpage info, etc. the list goes on...

the kooks are ops by the alphabet agencies!

These views seem interesting to me... Do you have a blog or website I can subscribe to?

In all seriousness tho, I think some are, and others are but they are unaware of it; But TIMECUBE GUY--is not one of them, hes just a wacko.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I enjoyed the OP very much. One trait of kooks that I'm not sure you gave enough attention to:

Those "who" use a "lot" of "quotation" marks and they "use" "so" many "of" them, "they" wind up "usually" putting them "in the wrong" place to begin "with". (Which is what I just demonstrated - putting quotes on words that don't "underscore" the "point" you are trying to make

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by flashtrum

I enjoyed the OP very much. One trait of kooks that I'm not sure you gave enough attention to:

Those "who" use a "lot" of "quotation" marks and they "use" "so" many "of" them, "they" wind up "usually" putting them "in the wrong" place to begin "with". (Which is what I just demonstrated - putting quotes on words that don't "underscore" the "point" you are trying to make

Yeah, but I do that a lot, so I didn't want to "out" myself

It's also the trademark of one of the kooks that I cited, though he didn't overuse them in the cited source. But I bought his book, and I think he out-quote-marked you, which looks rather bizarre on the printed page.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

S&F for hilarious title and even funnier content

If I may piggyback onto flashtrum's post, the frequent use of the word "FACT" in a thread or website (all caps, no less) is a clear indication that a kook has walked well off the reservation. That's a FACT!

edit on 17-9-2012 by RoyBatty because: adding stuff

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hey I was wondering if YOU guys REMEMBER this guy called PROPHET YAHWEH?

Since 1979, he claims that OVER 1,500 UFOs and/or spaceships have appeared on his signal before witnesses and strangers.

"These Space Beings have revealed to me that they are the Angels of YAHWEH, from other planets. They're here to announce the return of the Messiah in a few years"

BUT DONT BELIEVE ME
DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH

Am I doing it right?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Yes, I've read it too. Funny how his attacks are so personal. Who cares if she chain smokes? At least she uses a healthier type of tobacco. Who cares if she is overweight? If you read about her past you would understand. She hasn't deleted any ELEnin material off her forum. This guy has been trying to slander her for ages now and in all honesty he hasn't succeeded.

Futhermore, the info is entertaining, she doesn't force anyone to give money, no-one is kept against their will, far fewer actually live at the château than being implied, and who's to say she isn't channelling something, oh and they're not aliens from Cassiopaea.....they're supposedly a higher conciousness of ourselves from the future. This lady has done her research too.

It seems someone wants to slander her because she is studying something different. She promotes healthy eating, as do the Cassiopaeans....and the message seems to be a good one.

Unity_99 doesn't like the material because he got some sort of negative energy attack him from reading it.

She also channelled them on Sept 14, 2001, after the twin tower attacks and 'The Cassiopaeans' immediately place the blame on Israel who designed the attacks. And guess what? Swill did a thread yesterday on a newly revealed Mossad connection to 9/11 here.

More info has been correct too. I still don't necessarily believe it but I'm not going to call her a hoax because I don't know if a Ouija board can be used to conduct 'super-luminal' communication, but it seems, given its use in history, that it could indeed be possible. Either way it is entertaining and interesting, and she doesn't need to be slandered because she, even to this day, is objective about what comes through on the Ouija board.

And if she had truly scammed people she would have been prosecuted.
edit on 17-9-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

Nailed it!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Who cares if she chain smokes? At least she uses a healthier type of tobacco. Who cares if she is overweight? ...

She promotes healthy eating, as do the Cassiopaeans....and the message seems to be a good one.

Too bad she doesn't think it applies to her.

She also channelled them on Sept 14, 2001, after the twin tower attacks and 'The Cassiopaeans' immediately place the blame on Israel who designed the attacks.

It would have been more impressive if her Ouija board warned her on September 9. As it is, she just comes across as an anti-semite willing to blame Israel as a knee-jerk reaction.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Cook with an awful web design

Ive looked at the site, nowhere can I find him cooking or any recipes.

Is this some sort of RealJoke?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

i absolutely love Love LOVE this thread. i could spend hours pouring over these "kooks" words. just beyond the craziness there is some truth sometimes. one of my absolute favorite sites is Jesus Is Savior . com. this guy is committed. i saw the site about a million years ago and of course i tried to show it to anyone i thought might get a kick out of it. then... one day i was watching the history channel and i saw a commercial for a FREE monthly magazine warning of apocolypse and conspiracy and what-not. so i called and subscribed. it really was free. lo and behold, it is from the mastermind of the jesus-is-savior website, david j. smith. i used to get a kick out of it, but really just belittling the guy in my mind. however, he's got many many many good points, especially if you're the religious type. he is a little out there, but if he wasn't, would anyone notice him or his message? doubtful. one of the most interesting things i got out of his magazine (newswatch btw) was his writing about the arab spring and how libya, syria, afghanastan, iraq, iran and a couple of other countries were the ONLY countries that did not yet have a rothschild centralized privatized bank... hrmmmmmm....
but anyway.
thanks for this thread.
i'll be busy for years following all the trails leading from this.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
hEY! YoU f0rGot m3!

idealorder.org...

IdEAL Order Psychic TV. I've been in all the Kooks listings since forever and a really sloppy job not to include my 'work'.

Traditional page from 1994.

Excerpt:

During the same period while Jeffrey was employed at Liberty Audio/Video he had begun experimenting with a capability developed as an offshoot to his Zen meditative practices. He discovered that he could cause broadcasting television camera lenses to glow. He began using this luminescent effect as a tool to harass media and politicians. The process is called IdEAL ORDER Psychic TV. Unfortunately, instead of achieving an artistic notoriety and provoking discussion, a frenzy of celebrity/saint hysteria was created. This attracted the attention of right-wing Islamic fundamentalists which quickly became life-threatening. Because of Jeffrey's ability to produce luminescent effects and because of the imagery employed by IdEAL ORDER (they had begun using a stamp of an angel with a Saracen sword) they had come to see Jeffrey and Elsie as demons; as agents against Khomeini whom they considered "The Light of the World." After fleeing NY in 1983 because of death threats IdEAL ORDER regrouped in Montana and later New Orleans and continued the telepathic activism on a continual basis. In 1984 IdEAL ORDER Psychic TV began a nightly zapping of the CBS Evening News and the McNeil/Lehrer News Hour and constant telepathic harassment of the Reagan administration during televised news conferences and news show appearances. IdEAL ORDER also began networking their works through the European, American, and Japanese mail art network. Since 1989 IdEAL ORDER has operated primarily through the computer networks. Images are digitized, processed and then distributed over the InterNet computer networks, GEnie, CompuServe, and local BBS's. In November 1991 IdEAL ORDER Psychic TV began focusing on a once a week disruption of the CBS Evening News so that skeptical viewers might be able to compare the illuminated with the non-illuminated broadcasts. The project continues every Thursday night.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Wow, you're amazing, and no better than the slanderers trying to discredit her.

Let's ignore the dancing israeli's filming the event, the mass of israeli spy's arrested shortly thereafter....and all the other incriminating evidence.

Anti-semite, far out, I didn't think you would actually stoop that low but, alas, you have.

P.S. Again, attacking her looks is just pathetic. Who cares if she is overweight? She's had kids. I would hope you're not that seriously brainwashed to think that everyone who has kids can bounce straight back to a hollywood body? You know nothing yet you slander her based off of someone else's opinion.

She is certainly advocating a healthy lifestyle. She is objective with her 'experiment'. What more do you want?

Oh wait, you're the guy who judges a book by its cover. I forgot.

edit on 18-9-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
and i think we just found our newest kook, congrats!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

Are you addressing me?

It helps to reply to the post, or member, that you are referring to. That way people know WTF you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
and i think we just found our newest kook, congrats!

LightAssassin - I suspect he's referring to me... and thanks ~widowmaker~!

FWIW, the page isn't meant to inform. The page is set up in the style of kooks because nobody can convince somebody from a web page. My story is so bizarre and scientifically so unbelievable that that would be impossible. No, the page is there to amuse and it's got a few choice concepts about the approach for those that already know about the story.

My story is spread soley by word of mouth. That's why starting a thread here on ATS would be pointless. Unless you know somebody in the news business, entertainment business, etc. you'll never get anybody to believe my story!

That's why I'm the human equivalent of Area51.

FWIW, I came across this page the other day, in which, incredibly, a researcher was actually counting the blinks during the 2000 Presidential Debates. Presidential Debate Blink Counting Story

The all-time high for blinking during a presidential debate was set in 1996 by Republican candidate Robert Dole, when he was asked about the economy. Tecce said Dole's blink rate hit 163 per minute.

But Tuesday night had a twist. If Bush blinked faster, Gore displayed other telltale eye-body language that Tecce found ``astounding.''

``I have never seen all these things in one human being before, and Gore showed them all,'' Tecce said. ``He showed half-blinks, double-blinks; he was looking down all the time; and he had sustained blinks, what I call `marathon blinks.' I will use that tape for the next 15 years in my classes.''

edit on 18-9-2012 by idealord because: added quote

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by idealord

The all-time high for blinking during a presidential debate was set in 1996 by Republican candidate Robert Dole, when he was asked about the economy. Tecce said Dole's blink rate hit 163 per minute.

But Tuesday night had a twist. If Bush blinked faster, Gore displayed other telltale eye-body language that Tecce found ``astounding.''

``I have never seen all these things in one human being before, and Gore showed them all,'' Tecce said. ``He showed half-blinks, double-blinks; he was looking down all the time; and he had sustained blinks, what I call `marathon blinks.' I will use that tape for the next 15 years in my classes.''

hahahaha classic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join