It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The curious case of Mike "Madman" Marcum

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I love the thought of time travel, i came across this story a while back and i find it very interesting. With a lot of research i could only find so little information. But none the less, it's a chilling story.. real or hoax.

The following is an excerpt from the actual Art Bell broadcast in 1995:

According to Markham, he became so obsessed with this idea that he had created a time machine, that he decided to steal the six transformers to create giant Tesla coils. During his subsequent experiments, the massive amount of energy he was tapping through the transformers caused brown outs throughout his neighborhood. It was not long before the stolen transformers were discovered, and he was arrested by the police. He was released from jail on probation shortly before appearing on Art Bell, and said that he intended to continue his experiments, albeit legally. About a year later, "Mad Man" Markham appeared on the Art Bell show for a second, longer interview, and claimed to still be experimenting with a now more sophisticated "time machine", even upping the anti to incredible proportions. Apparently the electro-magnetic "vortex" he had now generated was large enough for a man to walk through. Art Bell compared what Markham was doing to the Philadelphia Experiment, and suggested that he throw an insect or animal through the vortex to test it before walking through it himself. The interview ended with Markham claiming to be on the cusp of generating the desired amount of voltage. "Mad Man" Markham has not been heard from since. Now more than a decade since his last interview, just what did ever happen to "Mad Man" Markham? Did he realise the futility of his likely boondoggle, and decide to persue more productive endeavors? Did he run afoul of the law again, this time to be put away for years? Did he foolhardily attempt to actually enter the electrical field, killing or even vaporizing himself? Or did he, against all probability, actually succeed, and is now in a past or future time, or perhaps other dimension?

For many years i have always wondered what ever happened to Mad Man Marcum, though with little evidence this is all i could find.

If you have never heard of Mad Man Marcum here is the 12 part video interview with him and Art Bell on Coast 2 Coast.

Here is the full interview if you don't want to bother with the 12 part video.

His address, Mike Marcum
209 1/2 South 13 Street
St. Joseph, Missouri 64501

This is the only photo around the web claiming this photo is actually Mad Man Marcum.

I found this really interesting too but cannot find the broadcast video of this caller stating this or even the news article the caller is claiming.

Art received a call from Orange County, CA. The caller claimed to have seen a photograph in the local paper that he felt might tie into this story. According to the caller, there was a strange discovery on a beach back in the 1920's or 1930's. The authorities had discovered a man's body in a large tube. The tube and the body had been horribly crushed. Next to the body was a strange device. No one knew who the man was nor how he got there. His death was a mystery. There seemed to be no reason why the tube and the man were crushed. Moreover, they could not identify the device next to the remains. The caller, a listener of Arts, examined the photo, and thought the device looked like a cell phone. (Mad Man Markum had told Art he would take a cell phone with him.) The caller planned to contact the paper to verify the story.

Mad Man Marcum, did he really accomplish his work and actually traveled to the future or even the past? Or did he die while entering his "Time machine" ? if so where is the evidence of his death?

edit on 15-9-2012 by Zatox because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2012 by Zatox because: Typo

edit on 15-9-2012 by Zatox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Very interesting, i hope people can find out more about this.. i love time travel stories

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Ya, this is a classic, i never really did hear much of c2c with art bell might have to look it up.. but i agree with the other poster time travel topics are cool

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

That thread is 3 years old with hardly any information.

So i started this one with more in depth info which is available as this time and year. People can contribute by adding more information as needed to solve this.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Zatox

for trying to play "cold case" with this, but the other thread and YouTube comments have more traction. You're starting off at the same point, rather than developing a more comprehensive starting point.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I will be developing this case as it comes, not going to let it sit for 3 years. If you have something to contribute, please go ahead and post.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zatox

I will be developing this case as it comes, not going to let it sit for 3 years. If you have something to contribute, please go ahead and post.

Dear Zatox , I started a thread regarding this today to further our investigation.

I have debunked the picture of Mike here www.abovetopsecret.com... The rest of the story remains to be investigated.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Never mind.
edit on 16-9-2012 by VictorVonDoom because: Can't get the hang of posting images

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaskunk

Hmm interesting, can we confirm that the photo is really photoshopped by an expert?
Hard to say now if that is even real, but that's a great find none the less.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Was the body that was found on the beach ever identified? My ex's brother is a coroner investigator in Orange County so he may have records of that.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: blackmetalmist

Nice find of me. Yes I'm really alive and I really did get arrested and the detective even called into the Art Bell show. I later zapped myself 800 miles back to my home town (well near my home town) where my memory Swiss cheesed like in Quantum leap. I received tens of thousands in cash donations and much donated euipment and a warehouse that I later lost due to my failing memory and homelessness and non payment. These are all things to consider as I don't want a warehouse for the final product. Anyhow I've recently spoken with Art and may do a show with Heather. I'm waiting to hear back from George but I'm Art's gem so I'm guessing he don't want me. Lots of you have questions and I'm going to build a website for those interested and answer any questions there and keeps people updated with my progress. For now Facebook will have to

m.facebook.com...

If that don't work just search for me by name... Michael Macum with wild red hair...ill get the site soon.
edit on 2152016 by madmanmarcum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Trust me, you don't want Georgie Snorry.. He's a dullard.

Can you explain how a CD laser was used in your device? They are quite weak..
Was a good show, if it was real or not..

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Pharyax
Im on phone right now and those are very low powered but highly available lasers. I used them because they were obviously cheaply and easily sourced. I'll try to explain why it worked on my site but you might have to give me until March when I have my forum up

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Pharyax

George has never spoke to me or tried to contact me. However, he could cause my gofundme to go to the moon. I especially want my website up if he'd even consider having me.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: madmanmarcum

I emailed the producers, George, three all together. No response about a week later. I suppose I don't fit their itinerary. The shows aren't the same without Art but he is making some guest spots soon, I believe they were just announced.

The producers of Midnight did contact me, and we may do an interview here shortly after I get my godaddy site up. Tried today but ran out of time. I know many have questions and I want to answer them all in one place and also advertise it on the show of I'm permitted but we're probably a month out. In the mean time, I do enjoy listening to C2C from time to time so maybe I'll try to sneak on the show heh heh. I'll post the details of the site when it is up and functional.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

In your first post above you spelled your own name wrong. Just a typo, or maybe you aren't used to typing your last name? Maybe it is an after effect of that high voltage? Or it isn't the real Madman..

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I'm calling BS on this person 'madmanmarcum'. I seriously doubt its the same guy from the Art Bell show.
Something doesnt ring right for me, esp since he signed up for ATS on 2/7/16

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Give me a break I'm using a cell phone. So I missed an r. You want proof I already uploaded my convo with Art after I spoke with him about being on the show. He sent it to Heather and she's already mentioned me on the air and this can be verified. Also Hearher emailed me back after Art forwarded my email to her. I took a screen shot and uploaded it to a non believer with headers turned on anyway now I have Heathers response with regards to the show.
edit on 2182016 by madmanmarcum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Okay, that's good enough.

Why not just answer one simple question though? Did you time travel, or didn't you? A yes or no would be fine for now.

Thanks for your "time"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join