It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freudian Slip: Obama Now Says He Was Born To Single Mom. Is this important?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Please forgive my cynicism, but whether it's important or not, it will not affect the election. To make a dent in the public's mind, the press would have to cover it, question Obama about it, and keep the story alive, as they did with Romney's tax returns.

The press will not cover this and it will die out.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by jude11

Please forgive my cynicism, but whether it's important or not, it will not affect the election. To make a dent in the public's mind, the press would have to cover it, question Obama about it, and keep the story alive, as they did with Romney's tax returns.

The press will not cover this and it will die out.

Forgive cynicism? Never!

I think I'm well versed on that art myself.

If the press did cover it for whatever reason, would it have an effect and if so, what might that be and on what grounds?

Peace

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

It could just be a personal perspective thing. My dad was in Vietnam when I was born. He came home four years later. My parents divorced six years after that and I, conversationally, often state that I was raised by in a single parent family and probably have said "by a single mom".

Not saying I am correct about this case. Just providing some personal insight.

~Heff

Saying: "Born to a single mom." is not the same as being raised by a single mom.

He could say anything and the MSM will handle it.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Deep down inside, they're trying to play the race card against Obama.

I wouldn't vote for the man but, I wouldn't vote for Romney either.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

lol, well I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything. WND just annoys me.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Obama was born on August 4, 1961, at Kapiʻolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital (now Kapiʻolani Medical Center for Women and Children) in Honolulu, Hawaii, and is the first President to have been born in Hawaii. His mother, Ann Dunham, was born in Wichita, Kansas, and was of mostly English ancestry. His father, Barack Obama, Sr., was a Luo from Nyang’oma Kogelo, Kenya. Obama's parents met in 1960 in a Russian class at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, where his father was a foreign student on scholarship. The couple married in Wailuku on Maui on February 2, 1961, separated when Obama's mother moved with her newborn son to Seattle, Washington in late August 1961 to attend the University of Washington for one year, while Obama Sr. completed his undergraduate economics degree in Hawaii in June 1962 then left to attend graduate school at Harvard University on a scholarship. His parents divorced in March 1964. Obama Sr. returned to Kenya in 1964 where he remarried; he visited Barack in Hawaii only once, in 1971. He died in an automobile accident in 1982.

Source

From his perspective, I would say it is a very understandable personal interpretation of things. Not quite exactly factual, but fundamentally truthful from the childs point of view.

~Heff
edit on 9/16/12 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by jude11

lol, well I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything. WND just annoys me.

All Good.

I just don't know enough on the subject so I wanted to ask the members who are more educated on the subject.

As for WND, I only briefly peruse the site when I follow some info and it leads there. Haven't been there enough to offer an in-depth opinion.

Peace

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Mmmmm... born to a single mother?

Next thing you know they'll be saying she was a virgin...and we all know where that leads!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Bwahahaha a product of general motors....and the Adams family beez one of your best ever!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I am also not sure if this an important issue if it even is one.

It is a non-issue. WND is an Obama hate site. End of story.

Obama's mother was 'a single mom' most of the time. Obama Sr. had a wife in Kenya before he came to the US on a study visa. She was underage and pregnant to a black foreigner; can you spell 'shotgun marriage'? They separated almost immediately after the birth, she went to University of Washington and he went to Harvard. That marriage would have been illegal in the US had it been challenged, but Ms. Dunham choose to get a divorce anyway.

When she married Soetoro in 65, Obama Jr. was about 4 years old. Soetoro returned to Indonesia in 66 and Dunham and Barack didn't follow for over a year. Obama returned to Hawai'i in 1971 living with his grandparents. His mother returned to Hawai'i in 72 for grad school, so again she was raising him on her own. Obama stayed in Hawai'i to finish High School when his mother returned to Indonesia in 1975.

So Stanley Ann raised Obama as a single mom for 9 or 10 of his first 14 years, and 3 or so as a married woman living with her husband. Is that enough of a 'single mom' experience to justify his remarks?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by ajay59

Not true at all, paternal nationality or Citizenship in no way violates the fact that Barack Obama was born an American citizen. His mother was a US citizen as well.

Whether Obama was an American citizen at birth was never the issue. It was whether he was a "natural-born American", as required by the US Constitution. BOTH your parents have to be American in order to fulfil that requirement and Obama failed miserably on that score because his legal father had British nationality.
edit on 16-9-2012 by micpsi because: typo corrected

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Untrue. The only time that both parents have to be US Citizens is if the child were born abroad. Barack Obama was born in Hawaii, and is, thus, an American citizen by birth.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
If Obama belches it's a big deal and obviously proves he's a Kenyan because no proper American would teach their kids such atrocious table manners. And no proper Republican would diss Gawd that way. There is no such thing as the right to belch in the Constitution. So he is violating our Constitutional rights. IMPEACH THE DEVIL MUSLIM COMMIE!

Sorry. I'm just being really facetious.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
BOTH your parents have to be American in order to fulfil that requirement and Obama failed miserably on that score because his legal father had British nationality

Just what is your "source" for that silly claim? Funny how several courts know you are wrong, as Obama is naturally born as the courts have shown.
edit on 16-9-2012 by spoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Pssst... the courts are in on it.

Whatever it is.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Ok, since no one else will say it............I will.

He just admitted he's a bastard. Something a lot of people knew anyway.

He may not be the best President ever, but you have to admire the mans personal honesty.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
In the US a child raise by one parent is of single mother, or father, but obviously we don't have any records to say that his mother was never married to the father.

Still, the mother married a second time, leaving the country, so actually his status was changed after the second marriage.

So what is the big deal?, perhaps he now wants to gain the pity of the big and growing single parent population in the nation for votes

Sounds and look to me like nothing but political propaganda.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
So a summary so far:

It doesn't matter.

It does matter

He's still a douche no matter where or how he was born

He's liked

He's disliked

Thanks for clearing things up for me!

Gawd, I love ATS.

Peace

It doesn't matter to me if he was born to a single mom, or even if he is Muslim, what matters is why he doesn't seem to know .

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
So now, when I call him a bastard, itll actually be true

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
youtu.be...

Thats no Freudian slip, those words just roll off his tongue.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join