It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentinian dog stays by his master’s grave for six years. (Dog thread)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

One Argentinian dog has spent the past six years proving he’s a man’s best friend, even though that man is dead. Capitán, a mutt who is some parts German Shepard, disappeared from his home in the small town of Villa Carlos Paz in the center of Argentina following the death of his owner, Miguel Guzmán, in March of 2006. For days, nobody in Guzmán’s family noticed the absence of the dog, a surprise gift the man had given his young son, Damián, in the middle of 2005. That was, until the family visited Miguel’s grave at a municipal cemetery. “Damián started to shout that it was Capitán and the dog came toward us barking, as if he were crying,” Guzmán’s wife, Verónica Moreno, told La Voz del Interior, a large Spanish-language newspaper published in the Argentinian province of Córdoba. Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

Being a dog person and all, this story got to me. I own 2 Neapolitan mastiffs and they truly are family members.

Truly man's best friend!

Will post pictures of my 2 monsters in the morning, show off your dog if you got one!

edit on 15-9-2012 by alphaskunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaskunk

Cool post kinda reminds me of grey friars bobby a famous true strory about a dog

Greyfriars Bobby was a Skye Terrier who became known in 19th-century Edinburgh for spending 14 years guarding the grave of his owner, John Gray (Auld Jock), until he died himself on 14 January 1872.[1] A year later, Lady Burdett-Coutts had a statue and fountain erected at the southern end of the George IV Bridge to commemorate him. Several books and films have been based on Bobby's life, including the novel Greyfriar's Bobby (1912) by Eleanor Atkinson and the films Greyfriars Bobby (1961) and The Adventures of Greyfriars Bobby (2006

cool post sir

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

14 years? It is amazing, to think a dog would remain that loyal and for that long after its master died. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphaskunk
reply to post by denver22

14 years? It is amazing, to think a dog would remain that loyal and for that long after its master died. Thank you for sharing.
Funny most people general cant wait to get home from a funeral and go through the will
generaly speaking but dogs are loyal to the end and beyond.

top topics

join