It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What were first feeling, when you got to ground zero, to save people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Probably not a good thread to talk about...no conspiracy talk here ....just what rescuers had to deal with.

I did not watch any of the history of 9/11...only the ceremony, as I went to our state monument to remember the dead. It's painful to watch.

Anyway I was at a bar today having a beer and one of my friends asked me what was your most disturbing scene when you got there.

Nobody has ever asked me this, as a Vol. Firefighter I took the train down at ground zero for 2 weeks.
I lost some good friends NYFD guys.

I really had to think as there was so much horror...like a bad movie.

I never thought about it cause I think my mind just blocked it out over the years.

As I got my gear on and went to the site there was this sound...this sound.....beeping ...beeping .....beeping.

Then it hit as I looked at my own gear...the yellow little box on my turn out gear.

What I was hearing was hundreds of these devices going off. The purpose is when you go in you activate this device...used in search and rescue using air packs and to keep track of you.

It was these hundreds of monitors going off from dead firefighters! They go off if you are motionless after 60 seconds.

After I told them of this I ran to the men's room to puke my brains out.

I guess my simple brain did me a favor in trying to forget.

I don't care about all the crap! To many good people died that day, I still pray for there families.
Thank you for your time.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
Probably not a good thread to talk about...no conspiracy talk here ....just what rescuers had to deal with.

I did not watch any of the history of 9/11...only the ceremony, as I went to our state monument to remember the dead. It's painful to watch.

Anyway I was at a bar today having a beer and one of my friends asked me what was your most disturbing scene when you got there.

Nobody has ever asked me this, as a Vol. Firefighter I took the train down at ground zero for 2 weeks.
I lost some good friends NYFD guys.

I really had to think as there was so much horror...like a bad movie.

I never thought about it cause I think my mind just blocked it out over the years.

As I got my gear on and went to the site there was this sound...this sound.....beeping ...beeping .....beeping.

Then it hit as I looked at my own gear...the yellow little box on my turn out gear.

What I was hearing was hundreds of these devices going off. The purpose is when you go in you activate this device...used in search and rescue using air packs and to keep track of you.

It was these hundreds of monitors going off from dead firefighters! They go off if you are motionless after 60 seconds.

After I told them of this I ran to the men's room to puke my brains out.

I guess my simple brain did me a favor in trying to forget.

I don't care about all the crap! To many good people died that day, I still pray for there families.
Thank you for your time.

Thanks for posting this man. I think we all forget this event was really about people....people lost, and lost in many ways. Thanks for contributing, then and now! Cheers and a toast to the people.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

God Bless You!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
How tragic. I can't even imgine being there, the sadness and loss and chaos of that day. Thank you for sharing this with us and for all your work.

new topics

top topics

join