It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post a Quote or Prayer to Elevate Human Consciousness – ATS Prayer Flag Initiative

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Merijn

Not too late.

Thanks, that was beautiful.

Weather permitting, trek will happen this week-end.

* Ned

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

good luck on your trek keep us up dated and most of all be careful your in my thoughts and prayers..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud."
~Carl Jung

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Desiderata by Max Ehrmann (1872-1945)

Go placidly amidst the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul. With all its shams, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

edit on 29/9/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

good luck on your trek keep us up dated and most of all be careful your in my thoughts and prayers..peace,sugarcookie1

Thanks so much for your kind words.

The plan was to head off tomorrow morning but the weather is a bit dicey with showers rolling in today and hanging around till monday.

Will let you know, might have to put pack a couple of days.

The flags look very cool.

Peace Out

* Ned

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
"Oh soul, you worry too much. You have seen your own strength. You have seen your own beauty. You have seen your golden wings. Of anything less, why do you worry? You are in truth the soul, of the soul, of the soul." -Jalal Ad-Din Rumi

"If God is for us, who can be against us"
-Bible

awesome idea nimbinned ill take a trek up mt warning to see these pray flags in flesh! exciting!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

I sometimes wish I could remember the Desiderata in desperate times...and times of anger, and times of happiness...it always shakes my heart

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
You could post a pic of the flags, Ned....I'm dying to see it.
Brilliant idea, and thank you so much for doing this. Action, in a world of sleepy sheeple is always commendable.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3Dplus
You could post a pic of the flags, Ned....I'm dying to see it.
Brilliant idea, and thank you so much for doing this. Action, in a world of sleepy sheeple is always commendable.

Here are some I put up on my clothes line to give you an idea of colour and size. I have used a flag for each prayer and affirmation so there are about 80 in total I think. Forecast is for cool fine weather this week-end - so should be perfect for the journey. Will post the photos on monday for you guys.

Peace

* Ned

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Okay here is one of many, for I am a "Quote Junkie" when it comes to words of wisdom! This one sums our very existence up very neatly.

Expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again. ~William Penn

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
One LOVE. One Heart. Lets get together and feel alright.

∞LOVE∞

mayallsoulsbefree*

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Oh, they look so nice! This is a beautiful thing.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The flags are beautiful, like the makers. It is an awesome thing your doing. Blessings, looking forward to seeing them on Mt. Warning.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Thanks, I'm glad you like them.

I'm not sure whether to leave them up on the mountain or not. The national park rangers might get a bit annoyed and pull them down. I'm thinking that I'll bring them home and take them up to the mountain ridge behind where I live. That way I'll know that they won't be tampered with.

Peace

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
The flags are beautiful, like the makers. It is an awesome thing your doing. Blessings, looking forward to seeing them on Mt. Warning.

Yes, we are all beautiful beings. Perfect in God's eyes.

Thank you for being awesome too.

* Ned

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Good idea! The wind will carry the message equally well from the ridge near your dwelling and the park rangers won't have to be in a tizzy lol.

I would like to thank you for doing this, it's so easy to see all of the negative things and to become negative yourself (which I have done many times in my life) So to see something so positive and to see all of the people contributing to the positive makes me want to be more positive as well!

Peace to you.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
How about asking the rangers what correct protocol is in this matter? I'm sure they can tell u if it's at all possible, I think it might be nice for hillwalkers/hikers to find those lovely flags fluttering high. Just the thing to make you take a breath after a long climb.
If they're worried that some animals might get trapped, you could always build a cairn (pretty much just a round heap of stones) and attach the flag at top and bottom of a vertical pole, hanging "up-down" instead of strung out like a clothes line. Some people might actually add their own stones and next thing you know, you have a 6m high cairn built with stones of hillwalkers and hikers' prayers along with a bunch o conspiracy nutters' blessings

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Hi to every one who has checked back in to this thread to see the outcome of our little mission of ‘conscious evolution’. I took off this morning from home at 2am and arrived at Mt Warning about 2.45. It then took me about 2 hours to get to the peak. I savoured the trip up, stopping a few times along the way, turning my head torch off and just sitting with the darkness inside this beautiful rainforest. I have not done a night bush-walk before and I was so enthralled by the experience. The sounds I was hearing from the nocturnal creatures and plants and the energy I was feeling from the space around me was so blissful.

When I got to the peak it was really misty and still very dark. There was cool vapour in the air and I enjoyed breathing it in – so fresh and invigorating. I couldn’t see any stars and I could sense that there must be some clouds around too. I found the most suitable outlook (facing North East) and hung up the flags between a pole (that was very handy) and a low shrub (acacia species I think).

A young couple turned up about 15 minutes later and I explained what I was doing. The woman was intrigued and started reading the prayers on the flags. Her boyfriend was a bit freaked out by it all, and probably thought I was a nut-job.

Well unfortunately dawn came and the mist didn’t want to leave. I started to feel like I was in the last scene of the movie ‘Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon’, where the young lovers are on the mountain and she throws herself off in to the abyss below.

I stood in front of the flags, closed my eyes, focused on my heart centre, and said my affirmations. I could feel the power of all your messages behind me, giving me strength. It was magnificent and most potent. I cried with joy. I always cry when I am moved spiritually.

After about an hour I headed back down the mountain, this time using my eyes to see. I was buzzing, laughing, full of joy. I was so distracted that I forgot to look out for rocks, which there are many on this trail. I twisted my left ankle and fell to the ground. Instead of freaking out I just kept laughing, picked myself up and kept walking. I’m still a bit sore now, but it’s all good.

Here are some pics of the journey. Hope you enjoy. THANK YOU for being apart of this adventure. It would not have happened without your loving involvement.

Much Peace and Love to All

* Ned

Rolled and Ready to Go

Mt Warning at 3am

Very Misty

Prayer Space

The Fire Always Burns In Our Hearts

From One Heart to Many

Sun trying to Break Through

Watch your Step

Harmony In Action

One of Many Friendly Bush Turkeys

Peace Out

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Fantastic!!! What a grand thing you did. The pictures are great, like being there.
Beautiful, the flags look wonderful, so well done. Glad that you got to experience those moments of joy!! It is magical to think of our words sent out over the air in such a way. Thank you for doing that. Sorry about your tumble, glad it was only minor, and funny.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Beautiful! I'm glad your journey was safe, (well your ankle may disagree!) I wish I could have been there with you and with everyone that contributed. There is so much love surrounding this entire journey, thank you to you and to everyone!

ETA: That turkey does look quite friendly

edit on 8-10-2012 by Miri08 because: props to friendly turkey

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join