It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post a Quote or Prayer to Elevate Human Consciousness – ATS Prayer Flag Initiative

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
“To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we can have. Cherish it for what it truly is..... Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it.”
― Terry Goodkind

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

I feel the following quote is more appropriate in this day and age than ever before.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Read more at www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I ask that Humanity is realizing the best possible future and is learning to live in peaceful harmony with dolphins and whales.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This is why most of you on here will suffer life tradegy, joblessness, failure to meet payments, low income, a life of always looking up and never looking down, being paranoid and generally being useless.

Because you fail to see that people like you with your good nature and spirit will be used by people like me to gain a footing in life. I have always look down upon people who have prayer in their hearts and believe in higher conscientiousness crap...as most of these types people are massive failures at life here in the present day.

7 billion people on the earth and most need exterminating to balance everything out.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Beautiful, I am in.

Please help heal our planet and all life, and to open hearts with gratitude and thankfulness and remember we are one from the smallest blade of grass to the largest star in our galaxy.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Techpriest advises:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Seek to be at peace with yourself while allowing others to do the same.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Three variations on the same theme from Alan Watts:

"Billions of years ago you were a Big Bang. And now you're a complicated human being. And then we cut ourselves off, and don't feel that we're still the Big Bang. But you are. It depends on how you define yourself. You're not something that is a result of the Big Bang, on the end of the process. You are still the process. You are the Big Bang, the original force of the universe, coming on as whoever you are."

"What you do is what the whole universe is doing at the place you call 'here and now.' You are something the whole universe is doing in the same way that a wave is something that the whole ocean is doing. The real you is not a puppet which life pushes around. The real deep down you is the whole universe."

"To know that you are God is another way of saying that you feel completely with this universe. You feel profoundly rooted in it and connected with it. You feel, in other words, that the whole energy, which expresses itself in the galaxies, is intimate. It is not something to which you are a stranger, but it is that with which you, whatever that is, are intimately bound up. That in your seeing, your hearing, your talking, your thinking, your moving, you express that which it is that moves the sun and other stars.

And if you don't know that, if you don't feel that, well naturally you feel alien, you feel a stranger in the world. And if you feel a stranger you feel hostile, and therefore you start to bulldoze things about, to beat it up and to try to make the world submit to your will, and you become a real troublemaker."

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I Declare World Peace.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Are these "prayer-flags" glorified litter? I'd rather you leave the top of the mountain in pristine condition please. If the world needs much healing, the last thing it needs is trash.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The only real thing I've seen to prevent violence was an action not a prayer. It was the man standing in front of the tank in China years ago. Prayer requires action or its useless.

The guy in China put his own life on the line to do it. What can you do to prevent violence. Are you a peacekeeper or a peacemaker. There is a difference.

....or we could just hang some flags with quotes on them....

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I am of Lithuanian / Baltic heritage. The Lithuanians/Balts are an ancient people who speak one of the most archaic forms of indo-European languages, most closely related to Sanskrit. They are also the last people in Europe to accept Christianity. However, they have never truly lost their Pagan nature - worship roots. A pantheon of gods and goddess' stand incongruently along side of their devout Christian -- predominantly Roman Catholic -- faith.

I learned a variant of this prayer at my mother's knee as a child. It continues to be recited by a neo Pagan movement which has arisen in Lithuania and the other Baltic countries called Romuva (after the sacred altars in Prussia)...

That I may love and respect my mother, father and old people; that I may protect their graves from rending and destruction; that I may plant oaks, junipers, wormwoods and silverweed for their rest in cemeteries. Those who do not love and respect their forebears will await hardship in their old age or will not grow old at all.

That my hands may never become bloody from human blood. That the blood of animals, fish or birds may not soil my hands, if I might kill them satiated and not hungry. Those who today kill animals with delight will tomorrow drink human blood. The more hunters live in Lithuania, the further fortune and a happy life escapes us.

That I may not fell a single tree without holy need; that I may not step on a blooming field; that I may always plant trees.

That I may love and respect Bread. If a crumb should accidentally fall, I will lift it, kiss it and apologize. If we all respect bread, there will be no starvation or hardship.

That I may never hurt anyone; that I may always give the correct change; that I may not mistakenly steal even the smallest coin. The Gods punish for offenses.

That I may not denigrate foreign beliefs and may not poke fun at my own faith. The Gods look with grace upon those who plant trees along roads, in homesteads, at holy places, at crossroads, and by houses. If you wed, plant a wedding tree. If a child is born, plant a tree. If someone beloved dies, plant a tree for the Vėlė (shade of the deceased). At all holidays, during all important events, visit trees. Prayers will attain holiness through trees of thanks. So may it be!
SOURCE
edit on 9/17/2012 by benevolent tyrant because: to correct grammar error

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Amazing thread OP. Here's my contribution.

"It's life you love. It's the way you live your life that you think you don't."

"Overcome the power of shame by focusing on the overall purpose of your actions."

"Fear is an illusion. Fear is the demon of groundedness. To be grounded is to Be."

Andrew

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Thank you again for your great offerings.

I will begin the creation process this week and keep you updated.

To those who seek to denegrate and criticize, may these prayers touch your hearts first.

Much Love

* Ned

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the Universe And for that I am extremely grateful - Stephen Hawking.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

7 billion people on the earth and most need exterminating to balance everything out.
reply to post by Six6Six

And why do you assume it's the positive people that will be exterminated?
It's because of sad and angry people that we feel the urge to purge our love and light onto the world, in the hope that balance will be restored. So there will be extermination of optimists and pessimist - only difference is the optimist will say: It was for the good of all, and the pessimist will say: I knew it was gonna happen to me!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

"Take three deep breaths.
This is the only moment you need to be worried about
There is no yestereday
No tomorrow
Just right now
Your not late for anything, you are not going to miss anything
You are exactly where you're supposed to be
and you're exactly who you are supposed to be
you are absolutely perfect
and whatever happens today is exactly what is supposed to happen."

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Puresk1lls

Nice One - Your words ?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
You are what you eat...and i'll be you tomorrow

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 02bmw76
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will be at peace- Jimi Hendrix

Just gotta love jimi

When he was coherent - very wise

Thanks

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join