It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post a Quote or Prayer to Elevate Human Consciousness – ATS Prayer Flag Initiative

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Man gets tired,
Spirit don't.
Man surrenders,
Spirit won't.
Man crawls,
Spirit flies.
The Spirit lives on
when the man dies.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
"I say that even as the holy and the righteous cannot rise beyond the highest which is in each of you, so the wicked and the weak cannot not fall lower than the lowest which is in each of you. - Kahlil Gibran"

"The key to riding the wave of chaos is not to resist it but to allow yourself to know you are a part of the energy of chaos. Allowing a new form of organization in, rather than imposing your old system of organization upon it. Allow the chaotic action to show you through sychronicity, what it is you really need to be aware of, how it is that life will organize itself using you as a guide post. -Bashar channeled through Darryl Anka"

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Charlie Chapman's ending speech in 'The Great Dictator'-
(I apologise if it's a wall of text but it moves me in a way words fail.)

'I'm sorry but I don't want to be an Emperor, that's not my business. I don't want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible, Jew, gentile, black man, white. We all want to help one another, human beings are like that. We all want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone and the earth is rich and can provide for everyone.
The way of life can be free and beautiful. But we have lost the way.

Greed has poisoned men's souls, has barricaded the world with hate;
has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.

We have developed speed but we have shut ourselves in:
machinery that gives abundance has left us in want.
Our knowledge has made us cynical,
our cleverness hard and unkind.
We think too much and feel too little:
More than machinery we need humanity;
More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness.

Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.

The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men, cries out for universal brotherhood for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women and little children, victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people. To those who can hear me I say "Do not despair".

The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress: the hate of men will pass and dictators die and the power they took from the people, will return to the people and so long as men die [now] liberty will never perish. . .

Soldiers: don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you and enslave you, who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think and what to feel, who drill you, diet you, treat you as cattle, as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts. You are not machines. You are not cattle. You are men. You have the love of humanity in your hearts. You don't hate, only the unloved hate. Only the unloved and the unnatural. Soldiers: don't fight for slavery, fight for liberty.

In the seventeenth chapter of Saint Luke it is written:
- "The kingdom of God is within man"
Not one man, nor a group of men, but in all men; in you, the people.

You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure. Then in the name of democracy let's use that power, let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give youth a future and old age security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power, but they lie. They do not fulfil their promise, they never will. Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people. Now let us fight to fulfil that promise. Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness.

Soldiers! In the name of democracy: let us all unite'

Chappy-
edit on 16-9-2012 by DelegateZero88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I AM

Two of the most
POWERFUL WORDS
For what you put
After them
DIRECTLY
Shapes your Reality

Beautiful thread Ned. I want to come with you...

edit on 16/9/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Lord, the world needs You and You alone. Change the hearts and minds of those who choose hatred, revenge and will not forgive.

Please bring this to an end:

(Taken in Australia.)

See you soon.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
You are a child of the Universe, no less than the trees and stars; you have a right to be here.

This is from the Desiderata.
It starts off: Go placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence.

What an amazing idea, and I send my wishes, prayer and blessings with you up that mountain.
This can be done in my name...war, famine and genocide can not be done in my name.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
"Deny Ignorance"

- Above Top Secret

"Man’s freedom is lacking if somebody else controls what he needs, for need may result in man’s enslavement of man. "

- Muammar Gaddafi

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Daaskapital, that is an awesome quote...an underlying principle of everything that has gone wrong in this world. Star for you.
edit on 16-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
-Bob Marley

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain. - unknown

Aim above morality. Be not simply good, be good for something. - Henry David Thoreau

If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law. - Henry David Thoreau

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Beautiful thread and concept. Thanks for being a part of the healing.

The way you can go
isn’t the real way.
The name you can say
isn’t the real name.

Heaven and earth
begin in the unnamed:
name’s the mother
of the ten thousand things.

So the unwanting soul
sees what’s hidden,
and the ever-wanting soul
sees only what it wants.

Two things, one origin,
but different in name,
whose identity is mystery.
Mystery of all mysteries!
The door to the hidden.

/

As above, so Below

/

God! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep. His are all things In the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede In His presence except As he permitteth? He knoweth What (appeareth to His creatures As) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass Aught of his knowledge Except as He willeth. His throne doth extend Over the heavens And on earth, and He feeleth No fatigue in guarding And preserving them, For He is the Most High. The Supreme (in glory).

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
"you dont conquer the world with armies--you conquer the world with ideas"

I cant attribute that as I only know it as an old proverb

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Blessed Be.

Glory to God the Father, Mother, Son and Spirit.

Love others, not in spite of their differences, but because of them.

As within, so without.

-Thanks, OP. Way to Shine Your Light!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
“A little nonsense now and then, is cherished by the wisest men.”
- Willy Wonka

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I dunno about anyone else, but this one always picks me up...............

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death
Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a piece of #
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the right side of life...
(Come on guys, cheer up!)
Always look on the bright side of life...
(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)
(I mean - what have you got to lose?)
(You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.
What have you lost? Nothing!)
Always look on the right side of life...

-Eric Idle

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I hope a song is OK

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
"Always listen to those that say they are searching for truth, never those that say they have found it"
Albert Einstein

"Patriotism, is a virtue of the vicious" Oscar Wilde

"Happiness is a side effect of doing your duty" Anonymous

"Realize...real eyes...real lies" ?

"We are always provided everything we need, occasionally what we want and never what we have already become." Anonymous

"There are the things we think we know but don't know at all. There are things we don't know but we know we don't know them. There are things that we don't know that we don't know them. There are things we think we know and we do know them. Then there are things that we think we don't know but it turns out, we knew them all along." Inspired by Donald Rumsfeld

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I Am, the son of my father in every word that I speak, everything I uphold, in every cell, with every heartbeat.
As the days grow older and our seperation becomes as vast as space, oh father of mine, oh how I long to embrace.

- The Grand Marquis

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -John Lennon

"If everyone in the world smoked a joint at the same time, there would be world peace for 2 hours."

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join