It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post a Quote or Prayer to Elevate Human Consciousness – ATS Prayer Flag Initiative

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
With all the hatred and social unrest in the world at the moment, I had an idea recently and I’m hoping that there are enough members here who think this is worthy enough to participate in, and will jump on board.

Please post your favourite or most heart-felt spiritual or philosophical quote to help elevate and evolve human consciousness. You are quite welcome to create your own if you so choose.

I will then copy these messages on to cloth and make a prayer flag, or hopefully many prayer flags. I have made my own prayer flags in the past and I really enjoy doing it.

I then plan to go to the peak of the tallest mountain closest to where I live (Mount Warning) and will hoist on a tree, allowing every prayer and affirmation to project out over this beautiful planet and beyond in to the ether.

I live on the east coast of Australia. Mount Warning is the first land mass to see sunrise every day on the Australian mainland. It’s about a 1 ½ hour bush walk to the peak in daylight, but I intend getting there for dawn so it will take about 2 ½ hours with a head-torch. Here’s some cool pics of the mountain. It’s actually the epicentre of a very old volcanic system.

So, if you choose to participate, please be thoughtful about what you post. Do it with some intent – this will give it more potency and resonance.

If this all comes to fruition, then I will post some photos in this thread of the expedition to the peak and the unveiling of the flags.

Also, please flag this thread (pun intended) so it can stay visible on ATS as long as possible. The world needs much love right now.

Here is my contribution after much contemplation :-

A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.

Albert Einstein

Love & Peace

* Ned

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

"...I am, I was; I will be again, because..."

Just like my signature says.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Great idea and appreciate your time...

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.

Aleister Crowley, Book of Lies

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

thank you

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This is the most miserable and painful plane of existence I could ever imagine anything living in. Why anyone would want any thing other than to evolve to a higher consciousness is beyond me.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

ETA...

If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.
-Bruce Lee

The man was incredibly wise
edit on 15-9-2012 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

thanks

Didn't expect something from Dr Seuss but there you go, wisdom abounds on this little rock

Ned

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
“Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.”

― Kurt Vonnegut

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

Thanks,

I still believe in Beauty ! It starts with opening the heart.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be - Bhagavad Gita

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Lovely thread OP. My prayer is that everyone has more than enough. Shelter, food, kindness, compassion, joy, love, resources, awareness, responsibility, peace, understanding, laughter, beauty, health. Amen

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
"Be certain in the religion of love, there are no believers or unbelievers. Love embraces all" Rumi

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Anything from Rumi gets the
from me

thanks

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

" Life is a puzzle that can never be solved, just when you think you have finished it, you realize that the puzzle you solved is just a piece to a much larger puzzle, and so on forever and always "

-LD85-

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Thanks,

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
man has tried to make the world a better place, technology has progressed, cities have grown, systems have changed, medicine has developed, the problem is one thing has always stayed the same.......man.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

“A quiet mind is all you need. All else will happen rightly, once your mind is quiet. As the sun on rising makes the world active, so does self-awareness affect changes in the mind. In the light of calm and steady self-awareness, inner energies wake up and work miracles without any effort on your part” ― Nisargadatta Maharaj

www.goodreads.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">source

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Such a wise and thoughtful offering

Spontaneous

Original

A Divine message from a Divine messenger

Thank You

** Ned **

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
"explanations come to an end somewhere"

- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
"The uninitiated perceive time with no appreciation of the beginning. And no understanding of the end. To them time is an infinite commodity. We know better and we will not waste a second of it. This is who we are."

- Millennium

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join