It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Armada of ships from 25 countries in Persian Gulf

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Nowadays, it is nigh impossible to pull off a Pearl Harbor like the Japanese in WWII. Satellite intel, Radar and surveillance of every kind monitor the globe.

Instead of hiding our attack ships, today we announce their presence with pride (and a little embellishment).

The multi-national naval force in the Gulf includes three U.S. Nimitz class groups, each of which has more aircrafts than the entire complement of the Iranian air force. (Reuters)

They're quaking in their boots, hopefully.

At the same time you would also want people to believe that the mission is just a game or exercise.

The U.S. Navy had announced since Aug. 30 in a press release posted on its official blog (navylive.dodlive.mil...) that “the U.S. Fifth Fleet will host its first International Mine Countermeasures Exercise (IMCMEX)” in the Arabian Gulf . “With more than 20 nations participating from Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and North America, IMCMEX 2012 will be the largest of its kind ever in this region,” according the U.S. Navy statement.

The statement added “that IMCMEX 12 is a defensive exercise aimed at preserving freedom of navigation in international waterways in the region.”

“The international community has a critical shared interest in the free flow of commerce via strategic waterways,” the statement added.

So don't go quaking again, its just a really big Big BIG mine sweeping exercise to protect the oil, guarded by battleships and 3 carrier groups. Riiiight...carrier groups to monitor defensive mine sweeping exercises.

The United States and Israel say “all options” remain on the table if talks aimed at curbing Iran’s nuclear activities, condemned in several sets of sanctions imposed by the U.N. Security Council, fail

WMD again (weapon of media delusion). Irans reactor may be used to make sparkly stuff which then could be used to make bang stuff which could then be used to hurt people...

World powers and Iran revived negotiations over Tehran’s nuclear program this year, which Israel believes is a threat to its security. But both sides seem to have reached an impasse after several rounds of talks.

At an impasse after talking for "several rounds" and "all options" remain open. Back to quaking again.

This is interesting overall. There is evidence that the sanctions involving an oil embargo aren't having the required effect as China and India both continue to buy oil from Iran. Bwah wah...
And since mine "sweepers" are also mine "layers", maybe we have notions of blocking the gulfs oil shipments ourselves. Kind of a Gulf Roadblock Checkpoint? Boy wouldn't that start some...

Or maybe they just moved one more chess piece into the region before the big push on Syria and Iran. Been placing a lot of pieces around the world lately.

Just observing.

Today

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa

Originally posted by Battleline
reply to post by CALGARIAN

You know the old saying when you see a bunch of people you really don't like all in one spot??

"would a hand gernade come in handy now" replace that gernade with a couple well placed nukes and most all the oppostion to Iran, China and Russia would be gone gone...............just a thought.

Wow. That is the not a smart idea. Sure it would be a massive blow ,But remember not all of the carriers are in the med. Not to mention the boomers out at sea who could slide in and all the sudden its RAEP TIME with a Nuclear strike of their own.

Lets see, if they took out the 3 carriers that would leave 8 carriers remaining each one with more fighters than Iran, not to mention about 5,000 nuclear warheads on US soil and in Boomers. Hmmm yup, not too smart of Iran.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Aye! What's armada you!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I wonder how many soviet subs are down there just waiting. Honestly, even though all of these nations are deploying crap loads of surface vessels, Russia still has a lot of submarines. And besides, the only real threat are the American aircraft, American vessels and troops are about 5/10 green, maybe 7.5/10 veteran. An SU-47 would pillage any American carrier based aircraft, and that's a fact. My sincere hope is that Russia actually does intervene with Iran, because seriously, America's invaded almost 20 countries now, just casually as hell. Someone needs to stop this because it's just not okay, we stopped the Germans when they were doing it and it was evil, America's doing it and it's suddenly okay? Even IF these countries DID have oppressive dictators, that's that nations affair, and theirs to sort out. Iranian nukes FTW.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Slante

Someone needs to stop this because it's just not okay, we stopped the Germans when they were doing it and it was evil, America's doing it and it's suddenly okay?

It's not Okay. Thing is there are not a lot of people around who remember the Nazis and how they rolled. The next generation forgets about the last war and repeats the same mistakes. Good to hear someone else say it.

Keep saying it.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
war is upon us whether you like it or not either its going to happen early 2013 or before the US Elections i hate war but i do believe its coming one way or another

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
" October Surprise??"

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
A Washington, D.C. think tank, The Center for Strategic and International Studies, released a report, Analyzing the Impact of Preventive Strikes Against Iran’s Nuclear Facilities, dated September 10, 2012. They studied 3 likely scenarios if military action is taken against Iran's nuclear program. In one scenario, the USA takes the lead. In the second scenario, Israel goes it alone with conventional weapons. In the third scenario, Israel goes it alone with low-yield nuclear weapons. They concluded:

...the payloads required to hit underground enrichment facilities with a high level of damage, to carry out the scale of initial and follow‐up attacks, and providing resources such as near real time intelligence required to detect and destroy other potentially lethal Iranian military weapons, for instance ballistic missiles that could be used in a retaliation, can only be carried out by the United States.
Israel does not have the capability to carry out preventive strikes that could do more than delay Iran’s efforts for a year or two.

Analyzing the Impact of Preventive Strikes Against Iran’s Nuclear Facilities PDF Source

It is quite a detailed report that goes into capabilities, forces, and likely or possible results. It's a pretty chilling report.

But what really struck me while reading this thread is that one of the worst case scenario images looks to me a lot like what would happen if this all came down while this "massive armada" is there. Basically the scenario is that if an initial strike does not or cannot take out all of Iran's missile capabilities, Iran fires missiles back. One or more US ships get hit and the US is drawn in even if it wasn't in to start with. Everybody starts firing their missiles in the area. Here's the graphic as republished by Business Insider:

Allegedly there is another military report released in response to this one that says this report underestimated the forces required to do anything other than set back Iran's nuclear program. Allegedly it says a ground invasion and long-term occupation after the initial attacks would be required. Supposedly the report was leaked to the AP, but I haven't been able to find a copy so I can't say whether this is true.

This is probably why Israel is so set on the US taking action, because analysis is that they can't do enough on their own even with nukes, and the predicted outcome is pretty catastrophic. On the other hand, it's also probably why the US wants no part of it, because it looks like the results would also be pretty catastrophic. And it may very well be a reason the "massive armada" is there right now in addition to the annual exercise.

Disclaimer: I really have no idea whether or not Iran is trying to build nuclear weapons or not, whether they would necessarily use them or not, or whether a preemptive military action is necessary or appropriate. I've heard the arguments from all sides and cannot tell what to believe. I'm just an observer wondering if I'm watching things head toward WW3. It appears to me that pretty much all likely scenarios will be pretty catastrophic. All I can say is I'm really glad I don't have to make decisions on stuff like this and I hope it's not a SHTF scenario.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Nice study. Thanks for the read. The only problem I have with striking an operational nuclear reactor is the awful mess that might be created if it was successful. Could contaminate large areas of the region (and all that oil) if there was any kind of meltdown. And Israel would be cutting their own throat if they pulled a stunt like they did in Iraq. Times have changed, Theres YouTube now.

reply to post by Elsha

reply to post by ajniss

Guardedly painting it for post election. Too many things could go wrong and then Obama would be blamed. That might affect the outcome. Best time for war in the Middle East is Winter. Its cooler and gives the war games exercises time to practice.

Just observing.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slante

I wonder how many soviet subs are down there just waiting. Honestly, even though all of these nations are deploying crap loads of surface vessels, Russia still has a lot of submarines. And besides, the only real threat are the American aircraft, American vessels and troops are about 5/10 green, maybe 7.5/10 veteran. An SU-47 would pillage any American carrier based aircraft, and that's a fact. My sincere hope is that Russia actually does intervene with Iran, because seriously, America's invaded almost 20 countries now, just casually as hell. Someone needs to stop this because it's just not okay, we stopped the Germans when they were doing it and it was evil, America's doing it and it's suddenly okay? Even IF these countries DID have oppressive dictators, that's that nations affair, and theirs to sort out. Iranian nukes FTW.

The same amount of American subs watching them. Not worried about Russia. They talk alot, that's about it, and go after the weak countries on their border.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975
reply to post by MrSpad

Did you miss the part about it being the largest exercise in the region ever, or how about the fact that there are 3 nimitz class carrier groups in the region? It seems a little more than just sweeping mines.

There aren't "3 Nimitz class carrier groups" in the region. Enterprise and Eisenhower are in the area. Stennis is still in the Pacific.

The largest Mine exercise in the region ever....yawn.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I truly admire your wisdom and intellectual awareness of the issues at hand. However, I didn't mean to imply that it is the SOLE reason. All I'm saying is that the elite need/want uninterrupted control over the population and increasing economic borders means the wherewithal to achieve their objective. Whether be it oil or other resources, natural or otherwise. They certainly have the means to already do as they please. This is the formula by which our world functions; capitalism, which yields globalisation, which, of course, is worsened by humankinds inherent greed and competitive nature. On the other hand, if there's a genuine threat by another nation in which war is the ONLY realistic option, then so be it.

Sorry, I know we've gone off topic from the thread.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Seriously...you think that Russian Subs are a concern for the U.S. Navy? LOL! The U.S. Sub force is immense. The U.S. also has an Ageis Class Cruiser Loaded with New Design SM-3 ABM/ASAT's. There is no chance in Hell any Soviet Aircraft could get within Hundreds of Miles of a U.S. Carrier before being Shot Down. This goes for any form of Carrier Killer Missile. An SM-3 Destroyed a Failing Satellite traveling at 18,000 Miler Per Hour in ORBIT! Do you think that any Aircraft or any Missile is going to even come close to hitting a U.S. Carrier?
FANTASY! Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
The 25 total countries would be utilized just to fend off anyone brave enough to try to help Iran(N.Korea,Afghanistan,Iraq,Syria, etc...... The US alone could sustain, and take down Iran by themselves. Just pointing that out

Yes, the US is well versed in "taking down" much smaller countries than itself. People are getting pretty sick of it actually. Just pointing that out.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
thats what they get for going all crazy about a stupid megalow budget borat style film. theyre about to get pwned...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
The headline is quite scary

Armada of British naval power massing in the Gulf as Israel prepares an Iran strike

Prepares a strike!

An armada of US and British naval power is massing in the Persian Gulf in the belief that Israel is considering a pre-emptive strike against Iran’s covert nuclear weapons programme.

This is more than just mine-sweeping I believe.

I believe we are witnessing the start of WW III.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoiter

Originally posted by thesmokingman
The 25 total countries would be utilized just to fend off anyone brave enough to try to help Iran(N.Korea,Afghanistan,Iraq,Syria, etc...... The US alone could sustain, and take down Iran by themselves. Just pointing that out

Yes, the US is well versed in "taking down" much smaller countries than itself. People are getting pretty sick of it actually. Just pointing that out.

Oh really? What people?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Seriously...you think that Russian Subs are a concern for the U.S. Navy? LOL! The U.S. Sub force is immense. The U.S. also has an Ageis Class Cruiser Loaded with New Design SM-3 ABM/ASAT's. There is no chance in Hell any Soviet Aircraft could get within Hundreds of Miles of a U.S. Carrier before being Shot Down. This goes for any form of Carrier Killer Missile. An SM-3 Destroyed a Failing Satellite traveling at 18,000 Miler Per Hour in ORBIT! Do you think that any Aircraft or any Missile is going to even come close to hitting a U.S. Carrier?
FANTASY! Split Infinity

It's that kind of arrogance and misplaced belief in your superiority over everyone else that inevitably gets people killed.

Do I need to remind you that not so long ago there was a US naval exercise where one of the commanders decided to attack the opposing fleet using small fast moving gun boats, and succeeded in decimating them on day 1.

rense.com...

The Iranians have lots of gun boats.

then there's this:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-9-2012 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Why don't you yanks just drop a nuke over Tehran to show then f***kwits what can happen to them,
nGo for it! You guys did it in Japan in 1945!
So why not against some teatowel and fanbelt wearing rag heads!
Mohammed would be proud of you.
edit on 17-9-2012 by Sailor Sam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

THIS IS SO UNFAIR ON IRAN!!!

WHERE ARE THE STAR BEINGS WHEN YOU NEED THEM TO STEP IN!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join