It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Armada of ships from 25 countries in Persian Gulf

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Battleships, aircraft carriers, minesweepers and submarines from 25 nations are converging on the strategically important Strait of Hormuz in an unprecedented show of force as Israel and Iran move towards the brink of war.

In preparation for any pre-emptive or retaliatory action by Iran, warships from more than 25 countries, including the United States, Britain, France, Saudi Arabia and the UAE, will today begin an annual 12-day exercise.
The war games are the largest ever undertaken in the region.

They will practise tactics in how to breach an Iranian blockade of the strait and the force will also undertake counter-mining drills. The multi-national naval force in the Gulf includes three US Nimitz class carrier groups, each of which has more aircraft than the entire complement of the Iranian air force.

www.telegraph.co.uk... html

Holy smokes! How do they know who is who? lol.

These war games could spark an incident of it's own and blamed on Iran, but just having that many in the one condensed area is going to tell Iran they don't stand much chance in an all out "war".

What do they have up their sleeves?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
In light of this weeks events, Its all planned. One more step and its over.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I noticed your link broken...here ya go...Link

second line

link   

Holy smokes! How do they know who is who? lol.

Don't you remember shirts and skins?

On another note..Damn this is getting crazy. Anyone still have doubts as to whether or not it's going to happen?

Not me.

Peace

edit on 15-9-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

link   

Link to source need a fix.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I guess that answers the Naval alert stuff heard about earlier.... The Navy would have a reason to be a little more awake than normal and world wide with this going on. It would have been like having an Atlantic fleet parade right off the Russian coast in the mid 80's. Ouch.... Stupid doesn't begin to touch this kind of blatant statement.

It's giving Iran the raspberries on an international scale.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Dang it! I go work in the yard for a few hours and all this happens.

I'm going to go make some popcorn and wait for the big show!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The 25 total countries would be utilized just to fend off anyone brave enough to try to help Iran(N.Korea,Afghanistan,Iraq,Syria, etc...... The US alone could sustain, and take down Iran by themselves. Just pointing that out

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The 25 total countries would be utilized just to fend off anyone brave enough to try to help Iran(N.Korea,Afghanistan,Iraq,Syria, etc...... The US alone could sustain, and take down Iran by themselves. Just pointing that out

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
one thing these games do is give someone like Iran the heads up on the strategy being used and a heads up on to countering it.
they will not just be sitting back and watching Iranian Idol, they will be watching closely

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

All over it!

I love this site as a source.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What the heck is going on??

Armada of British naval power massing in the Gulf as Israel prepares an Iran strike

Battleships, aircraft carriers, minesweepers and submarines from 25 nations are converging on the strategically important Strait of Hormuz in an unprecedented show of force as Israel and Iran move towards the brink of war.

Western leaders are convinced that Iran will retaliate to any attack by attempting to mine or blockade the shipping lane through which passes around 18 million barrels of oil every day, approximately 35 per cent of the world’s petroleum traded by sea.

A blockade would have a catastrophic effect on the fragile economies of Britain, Europe the United States and Japan, all of which rely heavily on oil and gas supplies from the Gulf.
(source above)

Exercise my foot... this sounds like they're gearing for the real thing... real quick..

* The article goes on to say that they are prepared for anything Iran would have to throw at them or do to attempt to close the Straight of Hormuz. Well, I hope that's correct...because the Persian Gulf is a REAL small area for so many ships and Iranian soil is 50% of the shoreline for the whole Gulf... Literally. Bad place for a Naval battle.

Good place for the home team....Errr... If only it wasn't my own side doing this...
;(

Wouldn't an exercise out in the Indian Ocean side and open water have made more sense in these real tense times? Unless it is all about a blocking force for blow back from an Israeli strike.. In which case I suppose it's about time...

edit on 15-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: added thoughts....

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This is no different than having a pen full of pit-bulls.

It would be only a matter of time until there will be conflict amongst the group.

Like lighting a cigarette inside a fireworks manufacturing plant.

These people are insane and are going to bring us to a nuclear exchange.

God help us all.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It will be amazing when WW3 breaks out and the Western world is in full support of it.....just like the Libya Revolution!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny

God help us all.

Agreed... and I want to know WHO is calling the shots! TWENTY-FIVE countries did not just independently decide to head to the Straits of Hormez at the same time. Give me a break. Who is in charge? Who is making this happen?

And oh yeah, I believe it IS war games ...to this entity that is calling the shots.
It's like a game on a chess board.
This had gotten ridiculous!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
We will know it is serious when we start getting DOS attacks on our usual watering sites from the military members.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Originally posted by Zaanny

God help us all.

Agreed... and I want to know WHO is calling the shots! TWENTY-FIVE countries did not just independently decide to head to the Straits of Hormez at the same time. Give me a break. Who is in charge? Who is making this happen?

And oh yeah, I believe it IS war games ...to this entity that is calling the shots.
It's like a game on a chess board.
This had gotten ridiculous!

This is who.

edit on 15-9-2012 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I tend to agree.
Problem is that Iran will be able to cause enough uncertainty for tankers that it will force up the price of oil and our comfy lives will be turned upside down.
Oil prices go up, uncertainty in the economy will make recent riots look like teddy bear picnics

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Digging in the back yard as we speak

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Ayep thats what they calls it...the "grand chessboard....."
This is a perfect setup for a bad ambush by a massive missile strike by Iran........
they have the missiles and they have seen that the last war games we had the \iranis nearly won till they changed the rules on the blue force...blue took the first shot with missiles a plenty and the red force nearly crapped out.........

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join