It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Has Failed Because His Policies Succeeded ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Obama Has Failed Because His Policies Succeeded

Republican VP candidate Paul Ryan apparently made this interesting statement during a speech on Friday.

Perhaps this is the way we all need to look at things as they are ?

Obama's economic plans for America, as propounded on the 2008 campaign trail, were to bring wealth down instead of build it up. On this point he has succeeded, and his presidency is a failure because of it.

Republican VP candidate Paul Ryan spoke to this on Friday, when he declared, "The Obama economic agenda failed not because it was stopped, but because it was passed." In other words, Obama's goal from the start was to level the playing field, not by bringing lower incomes and standards of living up but by bringing higher incomes and the accumulation of wealth down. ......

Obama Has Failed Because His Policies Succeeded

related article (4 pages long):
Paul Ryan Values Voter Summit speech (full text, video)

Is Obama a "Successful" Failure ?

I guess it depends on Your gains and losses ?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Obama succeeded in his policy but his policy is flawed and a disaster. If my plan to become wealthy involves me giving all my money away then I could succeed at my plan for wealth but it would be the fact that I succeeded that made me fail.

I believe that makes sense

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

From 1992 to 2007 the top 400 earners in the U.S. saw their income increase 392% and their average tax rate reduced by 37%. The share of total income in America going to the top 1% of American households (also after federal taxes and income transfers) increased from 11.3% in 1979 to 20.9% in 2007. During the Great Recession of 2007-2009, inequality declined, with total income going to the bottom 99 percent of Americans declining by 11.6%, but falling faster (36.3%) for the top 1%. However disparity in income increased again during the 2009-2010 recovery, with the top 1% of income earners capturing 11.6% of income and capital gains, and the income of the other 99% remained flat, growing by only 0.2%.

I am tired of the "poor rich" argument the right keeps going on about.

The rich are doing fine, they are spiking the golden football in the end zone and dancing. I wouldn't mind a 392% income increase in a couple decades...and even the past couple years they have outlandishly raised their income again, far exceeding anything below them.

So..keep reading the breitbart -nonsense- corporate stooge website...your universe sounds very difficult for the poor rich, but in my world, it looks nothing like your world.

Dammit ATS, must we have mirror world connected to the same website?!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Republican VP candidate Paul Ryan apparently made this interesting statement during a speech on Friday.

Once I got to this part of your OP, I needed to read no more.

Really Xu, anything from Lyin Ryan is to be immediately disregarded.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It's going to hurt a lot of you when Romney gets elected. He should get elected. Obama trumps Bush for spending more money (that we don't have) faster than anyone in history.

The "rich" argument is just red meat for the ditsy Democrats. Even if we took all the rich people, rounded them up, shot them, confiscated EVERYTHING they own, and sold it (who would buy it since the rich are all dead i wonder?) we still wouldn't have enough to pay for all the debt that is coming due. Of course we could move down from the 1% to the top 30 percent. Kill all those stupid bastards and take their cash. Democrats are all about feelings and misguided self-righteous anger. Cold hard reality is left to the grown ups.

Unfortunately for the "Grown Ups" party, they can't do what they preach when elected. Romney is actually just who we need, a businessman. What the stupid childlike electorate wants is "hope" and "dreams" horse sh#t. What we need is someone who knows how to make a budget and spank the damn kids.

V

new topics

top topics

join