It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long time lurker and being a pillow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Like many people waking up to the reality of this world for the first time, I had the tendency to become a pillow. That might sound like a strange statement... but allow me to explain.

When you are a pillow, whoever sits on you last, leaves the biggest impression. When you sit on a pillow, it moulds perfectly to your derriere. But when you get up and someone takes your seat, the pillow that once supported your idea of how buttocks should be, now supports another's! Hence whoever sits on the pillow last, leaves the biggest impression.

It got to the stage where my point of view was based upon the last person who sat on me... and with the amount I was reading at the time, I was one whore of a pillow whose perception was changing by the refresh.

It was thanks to lurking on sites like ATS I was able to see the flip side to any given argument that challenged my ideas and affectively helped me debug my personal truths by smashing them to pieces and allowing me to build them up again under sturdier foundations.

I waited so long to join ATS quite simply because I did not want to give misguided information. So many times have I thought, yeah I know what I am talking about now and then bam, I get a metaphorical kick in the nuts when my paradigm comes tumbling down. I install a new paradigm and bam that falls down too. I keep building, they keep falling over.

Eventually things started to make sense again when viewed through a new perspective I had built up thanks to many forays into different paradigms, whose introductions I am thankful to sites like ATS for.

So having silently watched from the shadows for about 4 years, my name is Wrong2BRight, and every time I am wrong I get closer to the truth. I know I must be close... as I am running out of options.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrong2BRight

Awesome intro.

Welcome to the other side of the curtain

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrong2BRight

You have something of more value than you think.

You have your opinion.

Start from there and you will be just fine.

top topics

join