It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The glass beach at Ft Bragg.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

Fun fact: The Koche brothers own the entire headlands of Fort Bragg, which is guarded by 24/7 security + barbed wire fences.

Who are the Koche bros. andd what is their claim to fame??

One of my dearest friends grew up there, too. Her dad was a fishing boat captain. Now we both live on the other side of the mountain, near Redding. (The surface of Mars.)

Pam

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I make jewelry with sea glass. I would be like a kid in a candy store over there! Sea glass is very hard to find in some areas. Would love to get my hands on some of those pieces!!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It's funny, I figured which Ft. Bragg you were talking about (the one here in CA), but I always think of the US Army's Ft. Bragg whenever I hear it. That looks like a really beautiful place that I wouldn't mind seeing personally (I hate beaches though I live close to the coast). And the picture of "Good Dog Cali" was funny as the dog did NOT look amused. I wonder what the beaches of the future will turn up?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

I have been there. It is a beautiful place..
The whole beach twinkles slowly in the daylight with glints of silver, cobalt, emerald and amber..

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR_UNSMiLey
It's funny, I figured which Ft. Bragg you were talking about (the one here in CA), but I always think of the US Army's Ft. Bragg whenever I hear it. That looks like a really beautiful place that I wouldn't mind seeing personally (I hate beaches though I live close to the coast). And the picture of "Good Dog Cali" was funny as the dog did NOT look amused. I wonder what the beaches of the future will turn up?

I think that's a Pembrook Corgi.

And no, he did not look amused.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

Very nice, do you have any pics on your glass island please that would also be interesting.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
What a scary coincidence, just saw this on the "I #ing love science" page on Facebook, and then came on here and BANG! There it is

I think it's awesome personally, and those on here (not many I'm betting) who have a Facebook who haven't "liked" this page, should do so, as there are ,any awesome snippets of information and hilarious scientfic memes ti be enjoyed.

My favourite snippet so far....aerogel!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I think this also shows how quickly our footprint will be erased by nature once we are gone.

In another 60 years that glass beach will be gone, but not because of man, the same forces that smoothed the jagged edges will erode the rest of it.

Nothing is permanant, everything is in flux.

We aren't allowed to take the glass off the beach, but in reality that's the only way to preserve it.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

The photos of the Glass beach are beautiful. They gave me a feeling of Tranquility. Be awesome to wake up to that each day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join