It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shame on you ATS I refuse to HATE

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
That's right, You heard me, Yes you. I refuse to fall into the self replenishing cycle of HATE.

With all that is going on right now it's very easy for many to pick sides and start slinging HATE and MOB rule take effect. Even here at ATS, I've read some horrible things. I've posted my opinion but refuse to HATE.

I wont do it.

I wont bash one faith simply because a certain small percentage in it cant join the 21rst Century. I also refuse to jump on the slam an entire religion due to the action of the same small [Although very vocal] minority bandwagon. As an American I wont give up my right to freedom of speech due to some Moron dubbing a video in his mommies basement nor because somebody was offended.

This whole situation is one Giant Cluster #$%#@$

I need a drink...
PEACE

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Let me get you a drink Sir. Well said.. I can drink to that.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm with you, friend.
The challenge is always to try to see and understand both "sides". It's the more difficult position to take. It's easy to hate. It's easy to pick a side. But to understand something about BOTH sides is the way to peace.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I couldn't agree with you more brother!

In any religion you will have fundamentalist wack jobs.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Agree actually.

Humans around the world, need to do some soul searching, when it comes to picking up a stance, and fighting for it. If we cant be objectionable, on both ends, we need not voice an opinion. Same goes for Religion, and its leaders. They cannot subscribe to one view point, in their respective holy books, and overlook the glaring contradictions, that they teach. God is love, in many books. Its too bad that many feel the right, to Cherry-pick, based on ideology, or agenda. Leaders of the World, also need to stop being hypocrites, when it comes to this. As many leaders subscribe, to the very hatred they say they want avoided.

MHO.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I said it in another thread and I will say it here ! The issue is the moderate Muslims who are not saying anything about what the extremist Muslims are doing ? Whose side are they on ?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It's good to see that I am not the only one that feels this way. There is an awful lot of hate on here as of late. I am not sure why. You have to understand both sides to find a solution.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

My lord, man! What have you been reading??

I kind of know what you’re saying but I haven’t read anything hateful about this issue. There is a lot of finger pointing going on but I’ve seen nothing to the level you’ve alluded to.

Regardless…..CHEERS!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Who hates?
I just think people are sick of the majority of the world trying to coddle the muslims/Islamists or else.
It doesn't matter what we do SOMEONE is going to p++s them off and then Oh no!.... everybody hold on they're mad again, more people are killed, more buildings burned, it's bulls**t and needs to stop.
I would have a ton of respect for one of those countries if they said "We are closing your embassy, get your people out of here, we don't want your stinking aid money, we are going to do this without you."
That I would respect.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Im with you man. Its just not worth it to embrace that kind of hatred as its like taking poison in hopes of killing your enemy and spitting venom all over the place will not solve a thing.....on any side. If anything it makes it easier to be controlled by outside forces. The war machines are powered by negativity, misinformation and righteous indignation and the irony that ATS is falling prey to said manipulation should not be lost on anyone.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

It's been long beyond doubt in my view, that most of the hate is fueled by a number of sources. No room for it anymore.

SnF

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Here in Australia after yesterdays debarkle, a very intelligent journo wrote the following, and I believe you have given me the perfect forum to voice my agreement with it.

Cheers Slayer, I'll have one with you.

HAVE we Sydney-siders got this straight?
Because on the other side of the Pacific, somewhere in California, some loser has thrown together some kind of amateur internet video insulting your particular god, you think it justifiable to: Take over the Sydney CBD. Cause willful damage to property. Throw rocks at police officers who are doing nothing more than their duty. Hold up such ludicrous signs as “Behead all those who insult the prophet.”

We have to ask: Do you have the first clue as to the ramifications of your actions?

Do you not understand that the net result of such irresponsible, appalling action is to give ample fuel to every racist in the country to reinforce every bad stereotype they have ever had of you, and that will affect badly the hundreds of thousands of other peaceful and law-abiding Islamic Australians?

In short, WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!

Get this straight, and quickly: some of you may be from countries where this kind of thing is acceptable. But it is NOT acceptable in this country.

In this country you are free to worship whatever god you damn well please.

Others are free to worship their gods.

And I am free to say it is all nonsense over imaginary friends.

But you are not free to create the mayhem you did yesterday, simply because you don't like a freaking video!

Racists have said for years, “If you don't like the way we do things here, go back to where you came from.”

The net result of your actions yesterday is that – for those people specifically disgracing themselves in the CBD yesterday, not the vast bulk of Islamic Australians – much of the country now feels the same.

Nice work.

Read more: www.smh.com.au...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
we got steak on the grill...

come on over...your name is on one of them.

cheers!!

edit on 15-9-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
How often do we need to defend our way of life? Hate is a strong word and is also subjective.

If an extemist threatens my family and my way of life, then in need said extemist will be subdued. By whatever means it takes.

I think what you talk about is fear, not hate.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rick004

Originally posted by rick004
The issue is the moderate Muslims who are not saying anything about what the extremist Muslims are doing ?
Whose side are they on ?

That is a huge cop out. Moderate Muslims ARE saying something. They may not be coming to your door to let you know, but they are speaking out. You're just not looking. Clearly, you didn't even GOOGLE it, because the first hit:

Local Muslims Speak Out Against Recent Violence

And another

And another

Don't be a Hater!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Okay, take out the extremist, not a whole culture of people.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Shame on you ATS I refuse to HATE

Hey dont put us all in the same basket .Just because some on ATS show their anger and hate doesnt mean we are all like this. Well this sounds the same as this." because some Muslims hate America ,doesnt mean they all do."
The problem seems to be the angry people are always louder,while the passive ,easygoing type just sit back and watch the insanity. I prefer to watch old British comedies than religious films.

edit on 15-9-2012 by 12voltz because: missing letters

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well I for one am glad I wasn't alone. No, I wasn't pointing fingers at all of ATS just those who are regurgitating hate. It seems beneath ATS standards of Denying Ignorance.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Originally posted by magma
How often do we need to defend our way of life?

As often as is needed. Do you think the people who have fought for our freedoms for hundreds of years ask that question? "On, come on, man! How many times do I have to do this"??? NO, they don't. If freedom needs defending, we DEFEND it. But only against those who attack it, not against everyone who shares a religion with them.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I have strong opinions about a lot of things and I do voice
them here.I try to the best of my ability never to hate anyone.
There are some who may feel that I am filled with hatred,they
are wrong.
a drink sounds nice...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join