It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House details ‘destructive’ spending cuts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by thepresident

so telling people to go in to hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt is suppose to be beneficial to the economy.

Yeah that really makes sense.

So someone paying rent on something they will never own makes even less sense.

It is called an investment -

Our house was purchased for $250,000 15 years ago

it is worth $750,000 today

We made 200% return in flat equity

We pay $900 a month for a 4 bedroom home in a neighborhood that charges $1700 to
rent a two bedroom apartment.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

GM succeeded? Catch up please:

Is GM Headed for Bankruptcy Again?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Telling people to go into debt for things they know they can't afford is ludicrious.

Living withing their means will do more to help this economy and this nation that telling people to go buy something they will never own.

That is the kicker Banks do not own homes, people do not own homes. local counties most of the real estate in this country.

Failure to pay property taxes and that home is lost.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

Yep! Agreed. I personally don't need them. But then, I don't live in fear.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Telling people to go into debt for things they know they can't afford is ludicrious.

Living withing their means will do more to help this economy and this nation that telling people to go buy something they will never own.

That is the kicker Banks do not own homes, people do not own homes. local counties most of the real estate in this country.

Failure to pay property taxes and that home is lost.

I agree, but there are many people who have benefited from these programs, who now own their
homes outright.

America made a mistake and we will learn from it, just like we learned from slavery and internment
camps..

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If there were no loans, there would be absolutely no social mobility. No one would be able to afford a house, unless they were super rich, without getting into debt. What you are doing is calling for feudalism.

If you can afford the mortgage payment every month then that isn't "buying something you can't afford".

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

True statement. People are fooling themselves if they ever think they "own" a home.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22
reply to post by neo96

True statement. People are fooling themselves if they ever think they "own" a home.

My family has owned several homes outright, I hope I can do the same one day.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

IF a person sees a home they want for any amount for instance 250 grand if they can't write a check for it right then they can't afford it.

Taking out a loan for 30 years and paying more than what that home is worth if they are lucky like that poster who came out ahead.

For millions of Americans who are underwater on those mortgages were not so lucky.

My thoughts on the instant gratification crowd or I want it all, I want it now, and I don't care how crowd are well known.

Credit in the form of loans use to be for people who had money now credit and loans are for people who will never get ahead by using that means.
edit on 15-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

reply to post by RealSpoke

IF a person sees a home they want for any amount for instance 250 grand if they can't write a check for it right then they can't afford it.

Yes they can, they can take a loan, it is called capitalism Neo.

Everyone in my family has purchased a home this way dude.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I hope you can also.

Make sure to pay your property tax after you finnish paying it off.

Personaly, I don't think you own anything if it can be taken from you without a fight. Or if you survive a fight, you don't end up in jail for protecting what you "own" or owned.

Just be sure to keep paying tribute to the beast to live in peace and hang on to what you "own"

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Cuts to defense after this week

Is that how you actually think the Largest Economy`s budget should be planned.

Week to week.

Earth to Neo, were losing you.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Cuts to defense after this week

Is that how you actually think the Largest Economy`s budget should be planned.

Week to week.

Earth to Neo, were losing you.

"This is Ground Control

to Major Thom..."

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22

I hope you can also.

Make sure to pay your property tax after you finnish paying it off.

Personaly, I don't think you own anything if it can be taken from you without a fight. Or if you survive a fight, you don't end up in jail for protecting what you "own" or owned.

Just be sure to keep paying tribute to the beast to live in peace and hang on to what you "own"

Well then

Lead the fight to end property tax

armchair generals do not get much done

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Earth to people who will never wake up to the largest expenditures of federal spending and the biggest detriment to the economy and wealth destruction which is entitlement spending.

www.heritage.org...

Go on read probably won't nice pictures there too.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Earth to people who will never wake up to the largest expenditures of federal spending and the biggest detriment to the economy and wealth destruction which is entitlement spending.

www.heritage.org...

Go on read probably won't nice pictures there too.

What is "wealth destruction"?

Who is the victim?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Which is it......

Your previous post you are up in Arms over BUDGET CUTS..

Now your up in Arms over EXCESSIVE SPENDING.

Pick a Stance and stay consistant , you will be taken seriously then, well maybe.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Really now?

so you agree spending 2.4 trillion entitlements is excessive?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Really now?

so you agree spending 2.4 trillion entitlements is excessive?

Trying to have a convo with you reminds me of the old movie Sybil.

I made no mention of your above quote in either post...

I merely, and correctly pointed out the Fallacies in your Outrages.

But I will play your game , and let you sidestep my question.

This 2.4 trill is not handed out in free Big Mac coupons to anyone who puts out their hand. Part of that number is Social Security, which people have paid to their entire lives, with the promise of a return upon their retirement.

These people, you and I never gave ANY admin permission to Loot it.

You throw around the word Entitlements like it`s a New Age swear word, and you have Zero Clue of the meaning.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I made no mention of your above quote in either post...

Who said this?

Now your up in Arms over EXCESSIVE SPENDING

I merely, and correctly pointed out the Fallacies in your Outrages.

Someone thinks they did.

This 2.4 trill is not handed out in free Big Mac coupons to anyone who puts out their hand. Part of that number is Social Security, which people have paid to their entire lives, with the promise of a return upon their retirement.

Yeah it is simple fact that SS is a ponzi scheme where people would make more money in the private sector as in investment, that is the funny part that small interest rate that SS is ridiculous compared to other returns a person gets, from other financial investment vehicles.

Since a person only pays 6% towards that fund the employer matches that fund and matches that agian everytime someone say "raise the minimum wage" it amounts nothing more than a tax to fund government spending in other areas.

Then that person who receiving that SS check has Medicare automatically deducted and then both programs count on new people being introducted to that system to make up the differnce.

Yes it is handed out like big macs because there are people who have never worked a day in their lives get i t, and then compounded that stupiditry by illegals.

Actually they do have permission to loot it no person in this country is guaranteed their right to those benifits as Fleming vs Nestor says, and Helvering v. Davis.

Entiltlement is a swear word that some people will never admit that do more harm than they ever did anything good.

They should have never been created to begin with.

edit on 15-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join