It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I want to become a Freemason....All opinions welcomed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
LIKE WHERE'S THE CONTRADITION? THAT BAR GRAPH IS STUPID. I didn't even realize that some people couldn't figure that out.
OK, if you'd like, ignore that.

THE GUY BELIEVED HE WAS A VAMPIRE.

End of discussion in considering him at all credible, in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

LIKE WHERE'S THE CONTRADITION? THAT BAR GRAPH IS STUPID. I didn't even realize that some people couldn't figure that out.
OK, if you'd like, ignore that.

THE GUY BELIEVED HE WAS A VAMPIRE.

End of discussion in considering him at all credible, in my opinion.

We don't even know what a real vampire is. All we know is what we've been show in hollywood. Some fictional character that has super powers, lives forever, etc etc. But there's an element of realism to this.

So to clarify...I'm sure he's not saying he's related to Edwards or Lastat okay. And yes Hollywood vampires are fake! But to think because hollywood glorified the imagine doesn't mean there isn't a real form of them which is simply a form of demon possession. Like look up demon possession in google. There's been tens of thousands of accounts arround the world. Dating back to the days the bible was written all the way to present. It's like saying that UFO's are completely fake. You can't just dismiss tens of thousand of accounts by qualified professionals.

When a demon possesses someone they do all kinds of things. It ranges from the Illuminati who are like super villains with powers that give them the ability to be at the top of the human food chain. All the way down down down down to the person who say is crazy and the demon is just tormenting and trying to kill. (such as one of the example in the bibles NT)

A demon is a fallen angel. Some demons are arch angels which are super powerful beings trapped on earth after they got booted out of heaven with there leader Lucifer.

So I'm just trying to clarify some of this. I'm trying to explain it in a way that makes sense, so you don't get to thinking it's like hollywood crap. That's entertainment, that's not exactly the reality he's talking about.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
You need to become pagan before you can start to grow spritually.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

A demon is a fallen angel. Some demons are arch angels which are super powerful beings trapped on earth after they got booted out of heaven with there leader Lucifer.

...I'm trying to explain it in a way that makes sense, so you don't get to thinking it's like hollywood crap.

Prior to Hollywood there was another orginization that invented fabulous tales of the supernatural filled with beings like fallen angels and Lucifer.

They were the Roman Catholic Church and the suckers at it up.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

So where did the universe come from then exactly, if it wasn't made by God?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

So where did the universe come from then exactly, if it wasn't made by God?

Huh? Do you have a reading comprehension issue? Where in my above post did I state that God did not create the universe?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

...I'm trying to explain it in a way that makes sense, so you don't get to thinking it's like hollywood crap.

Prior to Hollywood there was another orginization that invented fabulous tales of the supernatural filled with beings like fallen angels and Lucifer.

They were the Roman Catholic Church and the suckers at it up.

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on 17/9/2012 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
If you're asking for opinions on whether you should join or not, then in your heart, you're not ready.

As a Mason, my advice would be not to join yet.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianG
Reasons to join? hmmm let me post a few things

People really seem to fear the Masons, I don't

I would like to believe I am a good person, and lately I am having a hard time finding "like minded" people to discuss things with.

I have a Scottish heritage that I know nothing about except for where my grandfather was born.

My family is quite disfunctional outside of my marriage.

I have lost connections with friends from the past, could be that we don't have that much in common anymore?

I feel that I might be losing my faith in fellow man, getting harder to trust people. It would be nice to feel secure with those around me.

Geesh I could go on forever, get a couch and let me tell you about my childhood

Those are really close to the reasons I became a Freemason, it's only been a year but all my expectations have been met and far more. My confidence has improved along with an increase in belief in my personal faith as well as my faith in humankind.

If you enjoy it a fraction of what I have your in for a treat

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jamjar

I would say it strengthened my faith very much as well. I try not to worry too much about what some idiot at a keyboard types, but for the sake of new members, I wish they could see these types of posts and weigh them against Bobby in him mommies basement talking about Balphomet and Satan worship.

Folks like Bill Shenobelen do far more to help our fraternity than they hurt it. It truly makes me smile to see someone post him as a source. It's like having a flat/hollow earth, reptilian vampire used as a credible source. All you have to do is point and laugh, he does the rest.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
If you're asking for opinions on whether you should join or not, then in your heart, you're not ready.

As a Mason, my advice would be not to join yet.

Oh I am ready, just thought it would be a good topic

Fairly new to the site, and it might help make new friends or enemies here

I had no idea the "history" between ATS and Freemasonry - I was shocked to read some of the older posts

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamjar

Originally posted by BrianG
Reasons to join? hmmm let me post a few things

People really seem to fear the Masons, I don't

I would like to believe I am a good person, and lately I am having a hard time finding "like minded" people to discuss things with.

I have a Scottish heritage that I know nothing about except for where my grandfather was born.

My family is quite disfunctional outside of my marriage.

I have lost connections with friends from the past, could be that we don't have that much in common anymore?

I feel that I might be losing my faith in fellow man, getting harder to trust people. It would be nice to feel secure with those around me.

Geesh I could go on forever, get a couch and let me tell you about my childhood

Those are really close to the reasons I became a Freemason, it's only been a year but all my expectations have been met and far more. My confidence has improved along with an increase in belief in my personal faith as well as my faith in humankind.

If you enjoy it a fraction of what I have your in for a treat

Yes I really hope to enjoy it all I can, thanks for taking the time to read my post and comment

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

Be forewarned - joining may awaken a lust for more and more knowledge. That in itself is fine and good. Actually finding satiety for that lust is difficult. Everything I've found in masonry has simply posed another question; extending the carrot another few feet. It's been interesting to say the least, but ultimately unsatisfying.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AvisNigra

But the answers to the universe will never be known, only searched for. The search is the journey and the prize is the experience you gain on that journey. Did you set your expectation too high?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

But the answers to the universe will never be known, only searched for. The search is the journey and the prize is the experience you gain on that journey. Did you set your expectation too high?

I assumed one of the "you joined for the wrong reasons" reasons would surface. In this case, it's the setting expectations too high postulate. I set my expectations to this - I wanted to find light, more light and truth. I haven't found those yet. At least not within masonry or the appendant bodies.

Someone has apparently told you at some point in your own journey that the "answers to the universe will never be known..." I don't subscribe to that. The journey and the experience are certainly valuable in their own rights, but they are not the prize. Not to me.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Knowledge is a bottomless well. There is no subject in the universe that you can possibly know everything about. There's always something more…

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Knowledge is a bottomless well. There is no subject in the universe that you can possibly know everything about. There's always something more…

This is patently plain. It's not conspicuous knowledge that I was referring to. That said, I've stated words closely aligned with yours to new brothers many times.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The lessons you learn in Freemasonry are like the stars in the celestial canopy above. You will never succeed in touching them with your hands, but if you choose them as your guides, and follow them as a sailor follows the stars, then you will reach your destiny.

Only you will ever find your truth. This is the lesson of all mystery schools. There are non that teach differently.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Masonry is many different things to many different people. I guess I just go with the fact that nobody ever promised me any great knowledge would come from being a member, only that I would learn a great deal about myself and possibly my God.

I am truly sorry you are disalusioned and I meant no malice towards you with my reply. My journey is at it's beginning and already I can see a lifetime of opportunities to learn new things, and I hope I never run out of questions. I do hope you find what you are looking for brother.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join