It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Twenty Year Old Cat Just Died

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Thankfully, she went fairly peacefully after going downhill for the last few months. We got Sam (female) when my boys were 2 and 6. My sons loved her to pieces and vice-versa. She began sleeping with my younger son after his brother went off to college and did so up until last night.

Just a couple things that stand out as things you don't forget.

Shortly after we got her my two year old was laying in bed and wiggling his toes under the sheet. Sam, just a kitten, attacked and bit his toe. My son was heart-broken and cried: "She doesn't love me anymore!"

My ex was a jerk to the cat and she took her revenge by taking a dump in his shoe. He claims didn't make to the litter box. Right, she never went anywhere but in her box her whole life.

She was sweet and loving and we are all going to miss her - especially my boys who always remember her being there while they were growing up.

hanks for taking the time to read.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It sucks losing a long time pet, its amazing how apart of our lives these animals become.

You are better for having known the unconditional love of an animal, I always laugh when I see non pet owners respond to "pet" people.

They just don't know what they are missing.

Personally don't like cats but I can respect the relationship, may your cat rest in peace.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I am sorry to hear about your loss..

but even more, glad to hear that you had 20 great years.

Many people don't get that long of time to spend with such great friends as cats.

Here's to Sam!
edit on 15-9-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Sam seems like she was a pretty awesome cat and I'm glad you had 20 great years together. Ah, the wiggling toes, what cat could resist?
And taking the dump in the shoe, classic cattitude right there!

It's always hard losing a pet/family member but keeping those happy memories in mind are a great way to honor them.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

So sorry for the loss of a member of your family........

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

G'day

eh eh i like the shoe bit, they are smarter than we think

its time to get a kitten then i reckon, when i loose a cat it cheers me up getting a new life

i like long hair cats they are so cuddly and soft

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Sad to learn of your loss. I had a black cat for ten years, I always put him out at night and let him in then morning. Found him at bottom of garden hardly breathing and raced him to local vet in my car where he died. Natural causes was the reason but at least he came home to die. That was about nine years ago and we still miss him. They are part of your life and family.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
((Hugs)) So sorry for your loss. Cats are such joy. R.I.P. Sam.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Having recently lost a long time pet,I feel for you.

20 years is a long time for cat,so glad she was able to be around for that long.

Just remember the good times you had with her,it will get easier as time passes.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
sorry for your loss bro but i lol's about the # in the shoe,

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

My heart goes out to you. Pets are our best of friends. I'm sure you'll miss her, but I'm equally sure you gave her a great home and she appreciated that. You know the old saying......cats choose their owners. She must have loved you

I had a guy for 16 years. Putting him down was really tough. So I know the sense of loss. Feel fortunate she went on her own.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear that your cat passed but the story made me laugh. I had a cat for 19 years that was my best friend and once my first wife got her mad and she took a leak in my wife's purse...

My condolences.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
RIP, Sam... I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad she was loved. That's what's important.

We just lost our 20-year-old cat a couple months ago, too.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatDivider

Those paybacks, you don't forget.

Sorry you lost your buddy.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'm sorry you lost your kitty so recently, too. We certainly will have memories to remind us of their love and friendship.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Thank you all for your kind thoughts. I really do appreciate them. I know they come from the heart. We had 20 years of love and fun with our little buddy and for that I am very grateful.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I am so sorry for your loss. HUGS! I had cat that lived to be 19. Guess our cats had long and happy lives.

We will always have our precious memories of them.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear that.
so hard to loose a family member . Your boys and yourselfs love sound like they were enriched by kitties presence.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Love cats and dogs. They are similar in some ways, and different in so many others.
But they sure make great Friends to people, and even to each other.
Sorry Sam is gone. Bless her little kitty cat heart.
20 years a a really good run, especially for a shoe poopin' cat. A great statement she made, with no words at all.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Thanks to you who just posted.

Yes, that kitty meant alot. My kids grew up in an unhappy household sad to say, and Sam was always there for love and affection when they needed some comfort.

"Bless her little kitty heart." That's sweet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join