It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deny it all you want, Islam is at war with the Western world. But is it really “BlowBack?”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
“Between a strong horse and a weak horse, people will favor the strong horse.” – Osama Bin Laden

The West, specifically the US has returned to the Carter years. This current Administration has probably even taken it a step farther by apologizing at every turn.

The US has not been involved in a war since WW2…in a legal sense. Everything since then has been termed…conflicts.

From one who has been there and done that and does not want his cup refilled, when you are being shot at, you at war. Regardless of what the Government says.

In the 80’s and 90’s, the West, led by the US, displayed strength and for the most part, for the West, the world overall was peaceable.

Oh sure, we had the breakup of Yugoslavia, Somalia, The Gulf War, Darfur, etc, etc. But we will always have conflict. That is the way of Mankind. And that is the way it will always be, at least until aliens invade us.

Now with most countries in a fiscal crisis and all Western leadership in PC mode, the West is seen as weak. And truth be told…we are. At the moment.

A people can only be attacked so much before they demand retaliation. Muslims feel that they have been attacked for quite some time and are retaliating. It’s a emotional response.

They had best be careful though as eventually, the West will retaliate as well, in spades. Blowback begets blowback.

Get ready, if cooler heads don’t prevail, sides will be chosen and the end of the world as we know it will begin in spades. And chances are is that the Islamic world will be left in tatters for at least another 100 years.

The tech is on the West’s side in this one.

I truly hope I am wrong, but at the moment I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't know man,things seem to be cooling down..
edit on 15-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

the problem are the fanatics and extremists on both sides, not islam in general.

link   
Sure it is.

Do you see Russian embassies attacked worldwide? No, because they haven't been starting foriegn battles all over the world and staging coup's etc etc. Sure, Russia deals with terrorism but mostly "blow back" because of what happened in Chechneya .

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Part of this is blowback...no denying that.

That being said, the Islamic "lifestyle" of theocratic rule and the Western "lifestyle" of liberal democracy are diametricly opposed to each other. Whereever and whenever they clash their will be conflict.

When you take in to account that Muslims seem to be immigrating to the West not to escape theocracy, but to demand it in their "new" homes, they are the ones creating the conflict. Despite the "blowback" of western involvment in the ME region (which is primarily for oil). And let's face it, at least some of the Muslim world likes this arrangement, it's made some of them very wealthy. It just doesn't help that most of the population there wants to remain in, and/or export, an 8th century mindset.

Furthermore, the OP is right. While our PC environment of "tolerance" is being used to try to "accept" muslims within the Western world, their goal of infiltraion for assimilation will nessecitate that at some point, we the west, say enough is enough, we will NOT tolerate the attempt at using our own laws and freedoms against us.

How and when that happens I am not yet sure.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
I don't know man,things seem to be cooling down..
edit on 15-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

Crap! I hope so. They did in the 70's, but people seem more polarized than ever these days.

Gotta say I'm worried, I've had enough of war. But if need be, I will do whatever it takes to bring me and mine through alive.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head in my opinion. Muslims are the most prolific at the moment. They are outbreeding the rest of the countries inhabitants that they immigrate to.

It is said that Europe will be a Muslim nation by 2050 at the current rates.

But then you have the whole Shia/Sunni/Salafist/Wahabi thing going on as well.

I've always joked (somewhat in a dark matter), that if you grant Muslims victory, they will then proceed to kill each other.

I never really understood that one.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The US has not been involved in a war since WW2…in a legal sense. Everything since then has been termed…conflicts.

Armed Invasions, Occupations...Killings of millions of innocent people, using bombs, guns, missiles, air, sea and land...Seems like the US is always at war to me.

They just don't like to use that label because they hide behind that "Legal Sense" of conflict. Sounds a lot softer and less horrific. I had a conflict with my wife last week.

Peace

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Islam clearly states that Muslims MUST invade other nations and kill those who do not convert.There is no such thing as moderate Muslims,or moderate Islam,and you're tolerance and lack of knowledge about Islam will be your downfall.

The Muslims who people call ''moderate Muslims'' are nothing more than sleepers who will eventually wake up and join their fellows and kill all non Muslims.They wouldn't be Muslims else.
edit on 15/9/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

islam is a younger religion. it is about 700 years younger than christianity. christianity, 700 years ago, killed infidels, made crusades, had a inquisition etc.
do you know, what the talmud/tora or the bible says about what to do with infidels ?

edit on 15-9-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

What "war"?

Iraq was a secular state. The invasion of Iraq had nothing to do with WMDs and everything to do with oil. Period.

Before the US led NATO in 35,000 bombing missions, Libya was one of the most prosperous, moderate nations in that part of the World. As a result of this attack and the resulting destruction of their homeland, many of them are now thoroughly "radicalized".

The West has made it their business to attack and occupy nations in the Middle East and Asia due to their natural resources. Its mass murder for money.

In order to justify these atrocities, they have invented a "war on terror". Most of these so called extremists have been products of the West, everyone from Saddam to Osama to Al-CIAeda.

The far majority of Moslems in Western countries seem to be very Westernized. The more traditional or "radicalized" ones are lobbying for rule changes that would only affect them not the rest of the population, so what does it even matter?

All of this is a farce.

Wake up from your slumber friend.

edit on 15-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I have always been awake. My perception is my reality, just as yours is.

Unfortunately, we will all be dealing with fruitcakes who have followings. This is our world. We just have to live in it and try to deal with it as well.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I am trying to figure out what the OP is trying to say. He says that when the US showed it was strong in the 80s and 90s the world was more peaceful despite the fact their were many more wars at the time. And now, some how we are not showing we are stong and the are less wars we are less peaceful? And then some how tries to tie Carter to Obama and some how they are resposible for some protests in the mid-east. Oh and we are at wat with Islam. Considering that their are over a billion Muslims I am pretty sure the vast amount of them are not at war with us because we be dealing with much more than some protests

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It's blowback alright, but not just for things from 25 or 50 years ago, but also from things 1000 years ago or more. You have to remember, they have very long memories over there.
edit on 15-9-2012 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join