It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Film protest: Egypt PM urges US to end 'insults'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Thanks denver!!!

When you see kids, homes, families being bombed...massacred....ect

You need to evaluate what the real outrage is.

The fact that a movie about a prophet, who is deceased...gets more outrage then people who are struggling and dying everyday boggles my mind.

It shows how brainwashed religions can be...
edit on 17-9-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Telling the truth isn't 'attacking' .. it's just telling the truth.
This is 2012 AD. Not 1000 AD.

Truth is often subjective. The truth - especially when it comes to subjects like these - is subjective

Your truth works for you - not me

I find it interesting that you are basically accusing the calm people here, who haven't threatened anyone, of 'attacking' and yet you ignore the one person who actually was not calm and who threatened violence if the rest of us continued to tell the truth about Muhammad. That seems really odd to me.

I'm sure it does

:-)

you always revert to form Flyers - one true constant in this whirling, topsy-turvy universe of ours

by now it can't really surprise you - that you and I see this place all different and that

edit on 9/17/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Just because they might "feel" like they are under attack or insulted, doesnt give them the right to drag out and kill people. Im honestly dumbstruck at the justification you are trying to issue here...

You read everything I'm saying - and yet what you come away with is that I justify the violence?

I must be one of them dag-blasted apologists ye hear tell about

I apologize

(for not speaking more clearly)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by reppie

At least we are survivors, we don't get beheaded or beaten, or stone to death or abused by our masters the husbands, we get to tell our stories and make the best of our experiences, we will never allow to become shadows of tyranny..

edit on 17-9-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

you can roll your eyes all you want to - as well as mock other cultures

but she/he made one of the more valid points in this thread

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
reply to post by denver22

Thanks denver!!!

When you see kids, homes, families being bombed...massacred....ect

You need to evaluate what the real outrage is.

The fact that a movie about a prophet, who is deceased...gets more outrage then people who are struggling and dying everyday boggles my mind.

It shows how brainwashed religions can be...
Yes far to many have died in the name of allah
christ etc. We must stop the killing or lose the war..... 'that being" to obtain peace.

edit on 17-9-2012 by denver22 because: obtain added

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
Truth is often subjective. The truth - especially when it comes to subjects like these - is subjective

There is nothing subjective about documented facts.

- When a grown man has sex with children (like Muhammed did) .. that's not 'subjective' .. that's a documented fact.

- When a man with political ambitions orders the murders of those who disagree with him (like Muhammad did). That's not 'subjective'. That's a documented fact.

- When a man heads up a group of goons and raids caravans (like Muhammed did) .. that's not 'subjective' .. that's a documented fact.

Being 'subjective' would be if you said Monet was a bad painter and I said I thought he was wonderful. But stating the documented fact that Muhammed was a thief and murderer ..that's not being subjective. Likewise, when a poster comes on here and says that non-muslims had better not say anything negative about Muhammed or the muslims 'wont' be able to control themselves' and the nonmuslims will be sorry .. there is nothing 'subjective' about a threat like that. It's straight out THREAT.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I guess, you show your agenda, is not about subjective debating, but pushing only one view of the situation at hand and agreeing with those that agree only with you.

I see, well good luck my fellow ATS member I am sure you are going to need it.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

thank you FlyersFan

Your 'facts' were all very obvious to me from the beginning

Some facts are subjective - and relative - relative to the past and relative to the present

Or do you seriously contend that the life of a man living in our distant past can be judged by today's standards of decency?

A 1576 law making it a felony to "unlawfully and carnally know and abuse any woman child under the age of 10 years" was generally interpreted as creating more severe punishments when girls were under 10 years old while retaining the lesser punishment for acts with 10- and 11-year-old girls. Jurist Sir Matthew Hale argued that the age of consent applied to 10- and 11-year-old girls, but most of England's North American colonies adopted the younger age. A small group of Italian and German states that introduced an age of consent in the 16th century also employed 12 years.
chnm.gmu.edu...

Is this a fact? Or is it not a fact because it was the thought process of our guys? Or will you say it doesn't count because that was then and this is now? Or will you say it doesn't count because all you really want to say is that you can hurl facts at anybody you choose and they shouldn't respond to them as if they're insults?

They are only facts after all

Would you say the same thing to Christians? What was the age of consent for the Jews living in the time of Jesus? Does it matter?

It's not that I don't understand what you're saying - I just don't see it the way you do

You can spell it out as often as you like

Hate is hate is hate

I don't care how factual it is - or which side it's coming from

But as far as this thread is concerned - your target made no threats - he only stated what is likely to happen

And that he doesn't like for his Prophet to be insulted

The rest of what he said I could explain to you - but as you didn't care to take it as he intended - I don't imagine my take on it will matter much to anyone at all

edit on 9/17/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: more stuff

edit on 9/17/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: even more stuff

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I guess, you show your agenda, is not about subjective debating, but pushing only one view of the situation at hand and agreeing with those that agree only with you.

I see, well good luck my fellow ATS member I am sure you are going to need it.

Subjective debating? Oh, that is brilliant! :-)

I love subjectively debating - if I didn't I wouldn't waste a minute of my time here at ATS

Tell me a little bit about my agenda then marg6043 - what is it I'm after?

And did you actually accuse me of pushing only one view?

Then you haven't really been reading...

Tell me, how many different views have you been supporting?

And good luck! (with your answer)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
Or do you seriously contend that the life of a man living in our distant past can be judged by today's standards of decency?

A war lording politician who murders his political opponents is NOT a good person. An unrepentent thief is NOT a good person. No matter what time period he lives in, those have always been considered bad things to be. BTW - THEY worship the guy TODAY. So he should be judged by today's standards (as well as yester-years) when it comes to theft and murder. And he fails when he is judged.

Hate is hate is hate

And there is a whole lotta' hate against TRUTH rolling off some of these 'peaceful' muslims. You confuse telling the truth with hate speech. It's not. Truth is truth is truth. If some people don't like to hear the truth but instead want to remain ignorant to truth .. that's their problem.

he doesn't like for his Prophet to be insulted

You keep confusing things ... telling the truth isn't throwing 'insults'. It's just telling the truth. If the truth makes the so called 'prophet' look bad .... that's their problem for picking a 'prophet' that was a thief and a murderer.

Are you going to go around telling everyone not to talk about the fact that the Vatican covered up for child abusers even though it's the truth. Are you going to tell people not to discuss that because it might 'insult' Catholics? Of course not. The truth is the truth. People need to learn to deal with it.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This is all about education. Stupid ignorant people don't know any better. They do what they are told...whether it's real or not. Maybe instead of teaching them to fight, we should be teaching them to read...ya know...things like more than one book.
edit on 17-9-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Who are you trying to convince - me - or yourself? We all feel that high and sense of empowerment that comes with righteous indignation - myself included

Innocent people are going to be hurt because of all this. On both sides. Yes - innocet people - and they are on both sides. But does that matter - in light of the truth?

And what is the truth Flyers? You think you can define that for everybody?

You think words aren't dangerous - but they are, and The Truth makes a convenient weapon when we need or want one. People who need enemies to define themselves always seem find them when they need them most

I have a personal rule about not letting poison go uncontested

My whole life I've had this idea that we humans can be better than we are

I'm an idiot - looks like

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
Bad habits are hard to get rid of...

Christianity was less successful in making us believe the crazy fairytales and how important it was to follow them blindly, so we are a few generations ahead on detaching religion from state.

As such we cannot entirely blame the muslims for being angry. There were some pretty messed up christians and catholic in old Europe.
In fact I think we can blame ourselves for not letting the muslim world evolve in the same pace as us. We were too busy acquiring wealth, just like today.

In short, while it's not very compatible with the western worlds belief system, we probably have to endure a generation or two before their religion has been watered out a bit and our own greedy needs have been diminished.

Umm no. You see, some people are psychopathic control freaks. They will use whatever they can to control other people. In short, people like you are the original reason why Congress is prohibited from passing law's in regard to religion. Religion though can interfere with state(via elections). But people like you tend not to be honest thus this "separation of Church and State" mythos you have constructed from the ether.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join