It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Film protest: Egypt PM urges US to end 'insults'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

The national flag of your country is the Union Flag, not the Cross of St. George. England has no existence as an independent state. Any you, sir, may or may not be a racist, but this much is clear: you sound exactly like one.

Flying St. George's cross from a building site while Muslims are passing by, forsooth. Why didn't you just unzip yourself and have a little wee in their direction too? I mean, if you're being childish, you might as well go all the way.

Firstly i didn't fly the flag as they were walking by!, get that straight before you call me
a racist! it was when england was playing football it was flown.
Secondly every part of england have to be racist then as most flew the flag while england
were playing in the world cup.Last but not least you owe me an apology for making an assumption
like that.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Zatox

I know how seriously you take it. I live in a highly muslim populated country and know many. So I feel sympathy for your feelings on this subject. I do not suggest that you judge it "okay"- I don't judge it "okay".

But attacking people violently when you don't like something is simply ineffective at changing it and in the end self destructive.
I hold the same opinion when westerners decide that because it is not okay with them that a woman express her faith through covering her body, it means they need to attack those that do in their own country and insist they stop doing it.

You have the right to not like things, you have the right to say so. That is what you are doing here and I support it.
The question then is- is it a good idea to start killing people around you because you don't like something?
What are the results of that? The effects? Is it beneficial ?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Film protest: Egypt PM urges US to end 'insults'

I urge the Egyptian PM to educate himself - with the truth about the shady side of Islam and about Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Opinion and about the fact that this is the year 2012. I urge the Egyptian PM to try to control the insanity in Egypt .. perhaps by educating himself and the people there about how to act civilized in a very crowded world.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
it's a comedy, get real. It's nothing. It's just a big g--v psy op

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Bluesma

I share you're views, ma'am. You express them very well. Sadly, it seems there is no good answer to this problem. Mature individuals on both sides of the cultural divide will exercise tolerance and restraint; but ultimately, the overgrown children are the ones who make the noise and make the running. Liberal democracy probably has the advantage over Islam when it comes to tolerance – it's mandated in our culture, actively discouraged in theirs – but that doesn't really make a difference on the ground. I fear a clash of civilisations is inevitable.

reply to post by denver22

i love my country and have never felt offended in all my life for getting arrested for just displaying the national flag.

The national flag of your country is the Union Flag, not the Cross of St. George. England has no existence as an independent state. Any you, sir, may or may not be a racist, but this much is clear: you sound exactly like one.

Flying St. George's cross from a building site while Muslims are passing by, forsooth. Why didn't you just unzip yourself and have a little wee in their direction too? I mean, if you're being childish, you might as well go all the way.
I am from england and you tell me im racist for sporting the england flag when the world cup
was being played my kids must be racist too for having waved a st george flag grow up sir/mam.
What about all the other millions of children and familys coming together to support our country?

The flag was left behind up there a few days later when a few muslims spotted it and caused an
uproar.How pathetic is that,as i am not racist it doesn't bother me that they wear veils and stuff.

Congratulations you have arrived at an assumption and have been proven wrong youve called me
a racist for supporting my countrys participation in the world cup and days of st george along
with alot of othe people.Tell me are you offended by a flag? is this what it has come down too.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zatox
You people are making our prophet into a joke..

His own actions made him a joke. He was a political murderer and a thief. It's documented.

This is unacceptable..

It's 'unacceptable' to tell the truth about Muhammad?
No .. what is 'unacceptable' is YOU telling us we can't tell the truth or can't have an opinion. Who the heck are you to tell us, or anyone else, what is acceptable??

very disrespectful at the same time.

What is very disrespectful are those Muslims pushing their religion on others.

We are a religion of peace,

yeah .. it sure looks like it

get out of your cave and look at the bigger picture,

Tell that to the radical muslims out there who are killing and blowing things up all because some exposes the fact that Muhammad had sex with children.

the way your seeing things isn't helping you or your future at all.

A threat? How 'peaceful' of you ....

Disgusting...

Right back atchya ....
DISGUSTING - Radical muslims around the world killing innocent people and destroying property all because someone made a film about Muhammad. DISGUSTING - someone on the internet threatening non-muslims because they dare to value freedom of opinion and freedom of speech ... because they dare to look at the truth and discuss it.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
So, this Egyptian PM minister is urging what? It sounds like he is making demands that the United States curtails the First Ammendment? I'll say this, he is no position to be making demands to anyone or urging anything! On top of that, he and his government ought to refund the billions sent to his country in aide. One thing about the First Ammendment that should be highlighted for those that don't understand. Every religious denomination has and will continue to get parodied or be displayed in poor taste equally by comedians, amateurs, and rabble-rousers. Here are some examples of what I mean.

*note: videos could be deemed offensive and viewer discretion is advised*

There are plenty more from where those came from. It is not the government's business to play favorites in terms of religion, and impose rules on how an individual can express themselves or an opinion. It would violate the Constitution.

No one is twisting anyone's arm to watch this latest video about Islam, and if people don't like something? Don't watch it! Furthermore, by all means condemn and denounce it! However, that does not mean taking to the streets, murdering people, and setting things on fire. The US does not need to urge anything, but a refund on aide and an apology from the Egyptian government, the Libyan government, or any place where this wanton violence and mayhem is taking place. Jews or Christians would be getting the same ridicule by me if they engaged in the type of behavior that is being displayed in the Middle East over this video. It is absolutely unnacceptable!
edit on 16-9-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

edit on 16/9/12 by Astyanax because: of pluralism (the grammatical kind).

I live in england/ the national football side is england/ st georges day i.e england/
most of england will sport the flag on these occasions as it is our right to do so. i do not see
a crime there but you are trying to tell people in england that the flag cannot be displayed
because it somehow offends muslims who just happen to walk by after the flag has been flown
from everyshop building in england in support of an event is the most childish response i have ever
read on ATS so far .Fact is thousands were told it somehow offends muslims and to take it down
kids told to wash there faces from painted st george flags or else face punishment! is CHILDISH!.

"Which brings me to the question why has the english flag got you nickers in a twist?"

edit on 16-9-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

the movie was only a bad 14 min clip which looked like it was made on some cheap computer program to edit the backgrounds in. The acting is horrendous and its in English to boot. This video is the most childish thing I have ever seen.I hate to say this because i know it was done to start an upraising on 911 but muslims killed people over this nonsense 14 min clip and they fed right into the bs making their religion look stupid. I would understand if it was a big production 60 million dollar budget film backed by major studio obviously it isn't and even then I would say its just a movie

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

if you have read the Holy Quran you would understand this

I have read it. A few times. I've also read commentaries on it. The Qu'ran is full of historical and scientific errors as well as full of contradictions. I suggest you read 'Why I Am Not A Muslim' by Ibn Warriq. It is an excellent book that shows why the Qu'ran is in error and why people dont' see it as 'holy' or 'from God' at all.

You want to mock your own religion go nuts, leave our one out of it.

Americans like to mock that which is mock-worthy. For example ... Muslims such as yourself saying that Islam is a 'religion of peace' but then, in the next sentence, issue thiny veiled violent threats. We find that contradiction darkly humorous. BTW - telling the truth about something isn't 'mocking' it. Telling the truth that Muhammad was a caravan thief isn't 'mocking'. It's just telling the truth.

I find it interesting that you insist that non-muslims mind their own business when it comes to islam (which in your eyes means that they shouldn't discuss it) .. but then you go and push your religion on us. That is what you are doing, ya' know. By insisting that non-muslims not discuss the truth of what Islam is because Islam doesn't like it .. you are pushing your religion on us and all the while you are telling us not to do that to you. Kinda hypocritical.

This will only make things worse for everyone, the more mockery there is on Islam the more crap everyone is getting into,

Another threat from a follower of the religion of peace.

step back and think for a second,

How about you do the same? This is 2012 AD .. not 1000 AD .. people have a right to opinons and a right to know the truth about everything .. including Islam.

you want your children's children to live in a world with hate/war?

Obviously you do.

It may be acceptable in which ever religion you are, but not in mine.

Fine .. then if someone who is Muslim says something you don't like .... like they state the fact that Muhammad murdered people ... then deal with him (although I suggest you listen to the truth of what he says). But since others who exercise FREEDOM OF OPINION and FREEDOM OF SPEECH aren't in Islam, then you shouldn't have anything to complain about because they are not part of your religion anyways.

over 1.5 billion muslims around the world, see how they handle that kind of "lecture"

Another threat from a follower of the religion of peace.

PEACE.

You signing off 'peace' after all that you said ... that's silly and out of place.
There was nothing 'peaceful' about what you posted. Not a thing.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
The worlds going mad..News just in today read on girls/girls..

Let us contrast this attack on religious liberty for a moment with the backbreaking contortions that the public education system performs to explicitly allow Muslim students to wear whatever and pray whenever in school. In the Liverpool district where I live, there are a few Muslim families with children in the schools that are given time out of class to go to the main office and pray. They are allowed to skip a required class – music – because the music class is apparently not Muslim. This is happening in other parts of the country as well. In Tennessee, Christian parents are upset that their children were not allowed to pray – in the morning before school started – but Muslim children were allowed to pray on school grounds during school time: Right now, Christian supporters of school prayer are outraged over an ACLU lawsuit aimed at Wilson County schools. Part of the argument stems from a “See You at the Pole” prayer event — held around the school flag pole one morning just before school for any one who wanted to attend. Now, consider this: During the recent Muslim holy month of Ramadan, teachers in Metro Nashville schools were actually ordered to release Muslim students from class at certain times – to go to unused classrooms or offices — so that they could attend to their Muslim prayers. read more A news story in USA Today laid out a number of instances of this ridiculous double standard: Some public schools and universities are granting Muslim requests for prayer times, prayer rooms and ritual foot baths, prompting a debate on whether Islam is being given preferential treatment over other religions. The University of Michigan at Dearborn is planning to build foot baths for Muslim students who wash their feet before prayer. An elementary school in San Diego created an extra recess period for Muslim pupils to pray. At George Mason University in Fairfax, Va., Muslim students using a “meditation space” laid out Muslim prayer rugs and separated men and women in accordance with their Islamic beliefs. Critics see a double standard and an organized attempt to push public conformance with Islamic law. “What (school officials) are doing … is to give Muslim students religious benefits that they do not give any other religion right now,” says Richard Thompson, president and chief counsel at the Thomas More Law Center, an advocacy group for Christians.

What's going on with our governments now we are conspiracy talking im with you now on this one!.
links wont work! sorry mods people
edit on 15-9-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

I wonder what is going on too.

I worked at a Domino's Pizza a few years ago, the franchise was owned by a family of Pakistani muslims. They were assigned a store room to pray in and regularly took time out of their work day to pray. They were still on work time and still got paid even for when they were praying and not working. Non-muslims had to take on additional duties to cover for those taking time out to pray. Very frustrating.

However, if I went to church on a Sunday morning and wouldn't be coming in to work for a couple of hours, I didn't get paid for it.

I also saw a couple of them stealing and eating food from the chiller during daylight hours of Ramadan, and when I commented on this they put their finger to their lips and said 'Sssh', before walking away with a grin.
edit on 16-9-2012 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Being rude and crass and claiming "Hey, I'm just telling the truth! " is just a cop out.
There are WAYS of expressing the truth, they vary, and some are more disrespectful than others.
You find that movie in good taste, tactful, respectful, or realistically portraying truth?

I disagree, enthousiastically, with your opinion.

I could have put this opinion a different way, but that would have gotten me in trouble with the mods,
and that is as it should be.
edit on 16-9-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

I worked at a Domino's Pizza a few years ago, the franchise was owned by a family of Pakistani muslims. They were assigned a store room to pray in and regularly took time out of their work day to pray. They were still on work time and still got paid even for when they were praying and not working.

That would even happen if the store wasn't owned by muslims too.

However, if I went to church on a Sunday morning and wouldn't be coming in to work for a couple of hours, I didn't get paid for it.
Yes im afraid there seems to be one rule for one and one rule for another.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

I worked at a Domino's Pizza a few years ago, the franchise was owned by a family of Pakistani muslims

I have seen shops owned by muslims that sell alchohol, i know drinking is taboo - but surely
selling it is like pushing it unto others and defeats the object really, very ironic that ....

I personally do not have a problem, as at crimbo you can allways count on the shops
being open .I often joke to a muslim pal about him selling alcohol... he just grins too.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
Being rude and crass and claiming "Hey, I'm just telling the truth! " is just a cop out.

1 - 'Rude and crass' ... that's a subjective opinion.

2 - The muslims weren't upset about it being 'rude or crass' ..they were upset because it talked about Muhammad having sex with kids. Which he did. Which means that even though it was tacky, they were upset about it telling the truth.

3 - Telling the truth is telling the truth. Claiming that it shouldn't be told because you disagree with it or because you subjectively think it's 'rude or crass' .. THAT is a cop out.

You find that movie in good taste, tactful, respectful, or realistically portraying truth?

I don't care about the movie. And furthermore .. it doesn't matter if the movie is 'in good taste, tactful, respectful or realistically portraying truth'. All that is SUBJECTIVE and IRRELEVANT. The movie is allowed by law .. it's a person expressing his opinion ... and he has a right to do so. The upset muslims on the other side of the planet have a right not to go on the internet and look at the film. It's just that simple.

I disagree, enthousiastically, with your opinion.

I'm glad that you have the right to do so. If the internet were ruled by fundamentalist muslims and/or sharia law .. you wouldn't have a right to your opinion. So enjoy having that right while you can. The previous (muslim) poster admits that he would take away your right to express your opinion and apologists back him up. So cherish that right .. while you can.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Your "freedom of speech" ? You people are making our prophet into a joke.. This is unacceptable.. very disrespectful at the same time.

So mohhamed sleeping with children is acceptable to you?..

We are a religion of peace, get out of your cave and look at the bigger picture, the way your seeing things isn't helping you or your future at all.Disgusting...

And your prophet's indulging in kids isn't?.Sir i think you need to get out of the cave and look at the
'bigger picture' Anyone who sleeps with children is 'disgusting' be it mohammed or mohammed ali sir/mam/?/

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah, he was, you forgot to mention that he was also a pedophile by modern standards and US laws

Anybody that think that the American constitution can be amended to strip the constitutional right of Freedom of speech is delusional and only prove once more that the so call "Islam Religion of peace" is about conquering, intruding and change nations of none Arab roots.

The true colors of what the Islam religion is comes forward as usual, People needs to understand that no matter how Islam is sugar coated is a law on itself and never, never will respect or abide by any established laws in none Muslim countries their agenda is change other countries law into their Islamic ones, then force citizens to abide by them.

What a joke, people needs to research on the truth about Islam.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

This will only make things worse for everyone

Threat 1,

the more mockery there is on Islam the more crap everyone is getting into

Threat 2

step back and think for a second, you want your children's children to live in a world with hate/war

Threat 3

All because you think it's "ok" to make jokes about religion and their prophets? It may be acceptable in which ever religion you are, but not in mine
Sleeping with children is no joke, But your whining about mohammed being exposed as a kiddy fiddler is.

because in reality it isn't, so get your comment and explain that to over 1.5 billion muslims around the world, see how they handle that kind of "lecture"

Well they are going to have to deal with the fact that sleeping with children is wrong sir/mam/
And that is morale 'reality' and freedom of speech is something we have rights too? so get over it allready.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

when you're making this argument, please note that the average life span, back then, ended at 30 or so and it was common for women to be married off as soon as they got their period. The ability to reproduce, back then, was a sign of adulthood. Also, given the times, parents did nurture and coddle their offspring until they were in their 20's. As soon as you were able, you worked, creating more mature children.

So, when a young man needed a wife, he went into the well of newly adult women so that he could produce as many children as possible with her. If not for this practice, the populations might never have grown.

Today, the majority of people see it as wrong, back then, I'm guessing, it was viewed as commonplace and mohammed taking a 9 year old wife was not quite the taboo it is today.

It's very hard to look at history in lenses shaded by the ethics and laws of today's society. We didn't face the things they faced and we don't have to worry about death in the same manner.

(please note that I find pedophilia to be one of the worst crimes around and there's no form of torture that is cruel enough to be deemed a suitable punishment for those that would harm a child)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
reply to post by Zatox

I know how seriously you take it. I live in a highly muslim populated country and know many. So I feel sympathy for your feelings on this subject. I do not suggest that you judge it "okay"- I don't judge it "okay".

But attacking people violently when you don't like something is simply ineffective at changing it and in the end self destructive.
I hold the same opinion when westerners decide that because it is not okay with them that a woman express her faith through covering her body, it means they need to attack those that do in their own country and insist they stop doing it.

You have the right to not like things, you have the right to say so. That is what you are doing here and I support it.
The question then is- is it a good idea to start killing people around you because you don't like something?
What are the results of that? The effects? Is it beneficial ?

I never stated that is it a good idea to kill people just because us muslims don't like something. You have to understand there are 3 different type of muslims, Shiah, Alevi and Sunni, 95% of those muslims are Sunni's the 5% are so called acclaimed muslims, things you here/see about us muslims, are not the ones you think.

We don't like violence or killing. But it does state in our book, if someone is insulting our religion especially our prophet, take action, if warnings are ignored, take severe action, which then results in a declared holy war.

Just like the war that's going on now, it is a "Holy War" you don't see any Jews or Christians dying innocently do ya?

Just thought id add that in.

We are peaceful but once non Muslims start to push us further off the edge, they are just asking for even a greater war to happen, and it won't end nice.

I ask you, is it worth it? All this religious hate, is it really worth it? innocent Muslim brothers/sisters and children dying, for what? oil? no, 9/11? don't even get me started on that. I ask you, what is the real reason?

If you can come up with a better explanation to all this, please, enlighten me.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join