It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Bachman on the Islamist threat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Because Al Qaedas second in command was killed; the attackers - or terrorists, who had rpgs with them - had been exhorted by Al Qaedas #1 Mohammad Zawahiri to avenge the navy seals hit on Abu Yahya Al-Libi - OBL's Libyan lieutenant, and Al Qaedas #2.

It was a terror attack. How anyone can say it wasn't when the incentive for the attack is known is beyond me; I guess it only shows how thorough the propaganda is.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Many have spoken of freedom of speech as being "responsble" freedom of speech. In terms of inflaming muslim sensitivities.

And I agree. Freedom of speech should carry a responsibility, to the individual. But freedom of speech does not and should not carry a precusor or a qualification of a persons intelligence.

To have another country dictate what someone says or does, however, stinks of controling the basic freedoms that we all enjoy.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Many have spoken of freedom of speech as being "responsble" freedom of speech

John Stuart Mill in "on liberty" talks about the restrictions to free speech as being speech which specifically exhorts violence.

One mustn't be restricted in a mere inflammatory attack on someone elses belief system; it must be in the form of "attack this person" or "the Jews say this" and in doing so specifically encourages a violent behavior.

Thus, anyone who urges violence against Muslims has overstepped the boundaries of free speech; but simply attacking the prophet of Islam, or Allah, or the entire Muslim community (ummah) is a protected right of free speech. It is a personal opinion on the content of another persons beliefs; whether right or wrong, we grant people the latitude to express that.

Thus is the fundamental difference between the western world and the Islamic world: it is based on a metaphysical grounding which determines how people think, feel and act. In the western world, the philosophy of Thomas Aquinas prevailed and brought with it an understanding of God as logos - as reason. This meant that man could connect with the divine Will by following his own reason.

As I've mentioned numerous times, Ibn Hanbal, Al Ashari and Al Ghazali (the biggest figure in Islam behind the prophet Mohammad) developed a metaphysics where Allah was identified with Pure Will - as power beyond all contingencies; to be accorded "reason" would be to bind Allah to following His reason, which is to say, to make him contingent on determined states of being; this was inconceivable to Islams early theologians; God is ALL powerful, and cannot be limited in any way - he cannot be bound by the need to act justly; rather, he is pure arbitrary will; and His only Will is the Will revealed in the Holy Quran, which is at once co-eternal with Him.

This is why in Islam Will and power takes precedence over reason; why science never developed in Arab world, and the early philosophical advancements in the Averroes, Avicenna, and the great Arab and Persian scientists were wiped away and labeled forbidden to be studied and blasphemous after the heyday of Mu'tzailite rationalistic Islam in the Caliphates of Al-Mamun and his son and grandson.

Until Islam is reformed from within by moderate streams who give primacy to reason over will - who conceive of Allah as a God bound by his Reason - will this problem be remedied. The good news is, this was the position of Mu'tazalites, i.e. Averroes, Avicenna. So it can gain traction again.

The bad news is, were seeing the opposite. The Islamist radicals are growing in popularity in the Islamic world; instead of reform, were seeing calls for the 'return to the days of the prophet and his companions' i.e. Islam in it's imperialistic period, where the primacy of Will expressed in Jihad was most expressed.
edit on 15-9-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Haha she doesn't EVER know what she is talking about. It's funny that you say she knows what she's talking about when it comes to radical islamists because, well, that's ALL she ever talked about. She has islamophobia. Muslim extremists aren't the problem. the problem is that a bunch of people from multiple countries have gotten tired of us being in their lands. That's it. Bachmann is an ignorant fear monger and racist.

Also if you think these riots have anything to do with that video then you guys are blind, deaf, and dumb.
edit on 15-9-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
She knows what she is talking about. Iran is behind this,at least their terrorists started it. Iran (at least in their minds) just started the doomsday clock they have been praying for. They believe in Nostradamus 12/21/2012 prediction and are going to see to it that it comes to fruition. The movie and 9/11 anniversary are just smoke screens. The genie is out of the bottle. The middle east is too easy to get fired up.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident
Because liberals don't allow the church and state to morph
We are called progressives, not laws
]

You seriously need to get over yourself and your love affair with the far left.
Someday you'll realize, the far left and far right ... two extreme sides of the same coin.

Originally posted by Lysergic
From this one could gather, most "Christians" are in fact not Christians, it's just a box they check.

Correct.

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
The right has Michelle Bachmann and the left has Debbie Wasserman. ....and the coin turns 'round and 'round.

EXACTLY. Bachmann is a flake and pretty much a has-been. Wasserman is a proven serial liar .. but unfortunately she still has her job in DC. Two extremes ... left and right. Neither good for the USA.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Agree, with everything you said !

Its too bad that Congress, and Politicians alike, cant see past their own faults, to do whats right, for this country.

They can care less that their approval ratings, are at an all time low.

Thats the reason we need REAL change.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
and not the extremist mentality of Muslims who let a slur against their prophet turn into mass chaos, rioting, and murder) to their demands.

"Who let a slur against their prophet turn into mass chaos....."

You see...that's the problem. You don't get it. This is all about that little slur huh?

Stop thinking about yourself and start thinking about how these people feel and respect their belief system and get the # out of their Country and stop killing their loved ones over their resources!!!

I don't want to hear we are there to save them from the big bad dictator!!! I'll give you a taste of what they're going threw when I come to your house tonight and occupy your home and cut you down for your belief system!!!! All the while calling you an idiot!!!!

We'll see how you feel after 10 yrs of me being there...btw...I'm taking what's yours...I'll give some back to..if you pay for it!!

Obviously I Need to point out that I will NOT be at your house tonight...I will not occupy you and your family and I will not call you an idiot....but I would like to!

This does not have anything to do w/ the movie...the movie is yet another slap in the face to these people!!! They and I have had enough of the corruption and the self- righteous idiots that think people need to live and believe as we do! This is one of the straws that is breaking these people....

edit on 15-9-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Stop thinking about yourself and start thinking about how these people feel and respect their belief system and get the # out of their Country and stop killing their loved ones over their resources!!!

You would benefit from reading my post on Islamic thinking.

How Muslims respond to insults about their religion by anyone - Muslim or non-Muslim - is of major concern, because it is not simple a personal affair unmediated by theological injunction; rather, is theological injunction - a fatwa, a religious obligation of all devout Muslims to murder the person who spoke evil and "falsehood" about the Prophet or Islam.

That's the problem. Now take your pills, get off your soapbox, relax, and rethink your position.

your home and cut you down for your belief system!!

Here's a little history for you. After the fall of the Ottoman Caliphate Muslims the world over were dumbfounded; How could Islam have fallen so low? How could God's message in the Quran, the relevation of His will to mankind, not have been fulfilled? It was a major theological issue. The collapse occurred in 1924. In 1922, anticipating the imminent danger to the caliphate, Hassan Al-Banna founded the Muslim Brotherhood; the purpose of the brotherhood was to remedy the fundamental issues that led to the collapse of the caliphate, which meant, reestablishing the spiritual values of the early Muslims. The end goal of the brotherhood was..... to reestablish the Caliphate.

We are now 90 years later, and look at the Islamic world: you have Egypt - where the brotherhood was founded - now ruled by the brotherhood. In Libya, the Islamist are still vying for power; in Syria, the free syrian army is Islamic: you hear about the tens of thousands of Syrians fleeing into Turkey and Iraq? THEY'RE CHRISTIANS FLEEING FOR THEIR LIVES. Thousands of them have been killed by the "free syrian army".

These are the people you're talking about. Now - once again, rethink you're incredibly stupid and ignorant-ridden post about the US causing these people to act as they've been acting; in fact, the US policy of occupation seems to be the only way to keep these #ing animals from taking over.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
S&F

Excellent speech!

It's encouraging to see that not all Americans had fallen into the black hole of appeasing and groveling, that some actually opened their eyes to what the radical Islam's true intentions are, a means to an end they do not even hide anymore.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

And here we have an example of an American who buys everything the media tells them, hook-line-sinker.

I think you need to turn off the cable news and find sources other than what you currently use.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
If you really want people to be concerned with the "Islamist threat" you shouldn't show them videos of Michelle Bachman. Just saying, this ignorant woman does not help you promote your message what so ever and there is a reason for that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join