It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths Unsolved X-files (part 3 of 3)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Op, great stuff! ive so enjoyed your "trilogy" of mystery based threads, its "old school" ATS pure and simple. Quality writing.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Thanks for posting these! Some I had heard of and some not. You could probably go on for months listing all the unsolved X Files from around the world, but you've piqued interest and encouraged a lot of us to dig deeper. Kudos to you! I love a good mystery.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Or maybe the chemicals effects on them made them terrified? Why would god save us from those chemicals yet let us hold onto thousands and thousands of nuclear bombs that can obliterate whole cities in just a few seconds? Why didn't god stop those planes that dropped the bombs on Japan?

Just food for thought.

First want to thank the OP fir these great threads - so many more mysteries out there when one gets a glimpse outside of one's normal area of research/intrigue.

As to this reply, possibly God(s)/aliens/angels/Joseph Smith didn't know we were packing nukes until we popped those two off. Since then, it seems the "UFO" activity has increased significantly, with an inordinate number of events near nuclear sites. Maybe now that they know what we have nuke-wise, they've got an easy "kill switch' if they want to prevent it. Chemical/Biological weapons - who knows? Maybe not as easy to control? Just speculating...se haven't seen a nuke dropped on anyone since the first two. If we don't see one soon in the middle-east, I'll probably start assuming "they" aren't going to allow another nuclear weapon to be used against humanity.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

MOOOREE!

Also.. "The Lead Mask Case" it's one of my favorite's along with the included Dyatlov's Pass. At least I didn't think I saw the lead mask case included.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I enjoyed them all. Thank you for posting them.

Other than watching Football, I have been following these threads. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

OP, definitely an interesting set of posts. Besides the weird rains, I had only heard about the Dyatlov Pass incident before. I am generally a skeptic about such cases as these, but they are still a good read.

With respect to the Ourang Medan incident, the nasty chemicals release hypothesis may jive with the unusually low temperatures in hold of the ship: if these purported or other chemicals were on board and spilled, they could have possibly undergone an endothermic reaction, in which heat would be sucked up, i.e. the surroundings would have gotten colder.

Thanks for the legwork you did in compiling these cases and posting them.

edit on 17-9-2012 by MrInquisitive because: Made an addition

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Thanks for putting this up.. Nice flash back to what ATS used to and still should be.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyJae

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
The Voynich manuscript
Proved a hoax!

Link, please?

J

Ever hear of google? If you're actually curious one way or the other regarding the matter, why not do a 10-sec search yourself?

I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to find the Wired.com article and others on the matter. Hint: Search using this phrase: "Voynich manuscript hoax".

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I have seen the Frogs in Stone before... The stone was originally a "Mud Ball" much like certain catfish species create so they can survive the dry season.
edit on 17-9-2012 by halfmanhalfamazing because: spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by TheLegend

I've done a moderate search on the signs & symptoms of death caused by nerve gas - could you steer me in the direction of any site or papers where this is discussed in more detail - I've only found mundane things that do not indicate such things?

Sarin was being developed at the height of WWII by the Nazis who shared their research with Unit 731 - a covert biological and chemical warfare research and development unit of the Imperial Japanese Army. They did grotesque projects (e.g. having limbs cut off and attached elsewhere on the body) and Shiro Ishii, head of the unit, was pardoned after the war in return for his research. He had likely developed sarin at some point and it seems too coincidental that the Ourange voyage's SOS came one month after Douglas MacArthur wrote to Washington (May 6 of 47) that any additional data from Unit 731 won't be employed as 'war crimes' evidence. There were two major US military bases around the incident at the time too - one in Thailand and another in Singapore. British bases were also scattered over Indonesia.

Sarin is 500x more lethal than cyanide and in some conditions could fade away in a week, especially in a damp environment (like on a ship). The crew that found the Ourange would experience nothing from it if they boarded the ship a week after the SOS (did it specify how long it took for them to respond?). It would also be extremely fast upon contact, meaning nobody on the crew would've had time to even jump overboard before it was too late. One managed to tap out a sentence but even he wasn't sure if the whole crew was dead because he didn't have time to check.

But it seems potassium cyanide is a likely culprit too. Bainton, in your link, already explained that theory tho.

People dying from a powerful nerve agent will likely have their mouths open since they would feel a choking sensation prior to death and dying with your eyes open is not even unusual. Only in movies is it not. As for the description of the "snarling/grimacing" dead dog in the link, as I said, I can show a video where large group of dogs are pushed into a pen and executed by nerve gas in Japan. I'd just have to find it if anyone is willing to watch it closely.

The biggest clue here is the absence of a paper trail to the ship. That only leads to two conclusions. 1) It was a maritime legend or 2) a government is involved in a post-WWII cover-up.

I probably shouldn't give fuel to this fire...but did you notice this incident happened at the same time as the Roswell incident? Altho both incidents don't have exact dates, both have June, 1947, as an approximation.
edit on 17-9-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Cheers for the clarification mate that's genuinely appreciated.

NOW - would you believe me if I told you that those dates hit me like a tonne of bricks when I was first establishing how to start the lead-in comment for this mystery - I actually had it written and you may be able to pick that up by the tone of my lead-in comment that I wanted to go there but decided not to but remain "on topic" accordingly. I deleted that at the last minute just before clicking the thread to commence - and you are the FIRST to pick it up.

I just knew you had substance when I read your initial reply the other day - you are a Scully/Mulder chimera - like me.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Wikipedia is almost idententical to what you wrote.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Thank you again! This was a welcome change!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I have loved every single one of these threads. Some real head-scratchers there!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

The Voynich manuscript got me thinking. Since the pictures and description are made onto see through Vellum has anyone ever tried folding them over onto themselves and lining the words that overlap to see if they form known words?

They could also be made to fold into certain origami shapes and then maybe line up to make sense.

It may also work for the plants and show what the actual plant looks like. Maybe.

This is the pic that got my wheels turning.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Threads like this are the reason why I joined ATS!
Fascinating stuff, I really enjoyed them - thanks OP

That story about the ship is creepy.... really bothered me. WTH

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

This has been, by far, my most favourite ATS thread in a very long time! Please post more

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Cool! Loved all the stories! The Ourang Medan mystery is fantastic! Very spooky. All the best, Killian H. Gore

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Cool thread. Do u have plans for another?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
The Hessdalen Lights remind me of Australia's Min Min Lights. The sightings have been apart of Aboriginal folklore for generations.

The Min Min lights are one of Australia's greatest supernatural mysteries. A sign on the way into Boulia, Queensland reads:

For the next 120km towards Winton you are in the land of the Min Min Light. This unsolved modern mystery is a light that at times follows travellers for long distances – it has been approached but never identified.
These football or watermelon shaped glowing balls of light have been following travellers through the Queensland outback for over sixty years. No satisfactory scientific explanation exists to explain them.

The lights are named after the Min Min hotel in Boulia that burnt down in 1918. Soon after the fire a stockman was followed by a light on his journey to Boulia.

Other reports of the lights soon followed and they have become a local feature and legend. Thousands of sightings of the lights have now been reported. The lights have been known to follow people on horseback, in cars and on foot sometimes for hundreds of kilometres. The lights generally travel around three feet from the ground and are often mistaken for the headlights of another vehicle.

Mystery of the Min Min Light

While the Min Min light has been well known in Aborginal lore for generations, the first police report of the legendary light was lodged shortly after the Min Min hotel, actually a slab hut 100km east of Boulia, burned down, leaving only a bottle heap and cemetery.

Panicking after seeing a glow hovering over the graveyard, a passing stockman spurred his horse for Boulia, but to his horror, the light turned and followed him most of the way back to town.

While his report was met with derision, a short time later a couple new to the area arrived in Boulia, requesting an explanation for a mysterious light that moved away from them as they moved towards it, only to turn and follow them once they gave up and returned to the road.
Then, a few nights later, another stockman reported an eerie light originating from the Min Min graveyard but this time bounding through the air like a football.

Min Min light, Boulia, Queensland

The Min Min light and the Fata Morgana

edit on 30/9/12 by pretty_vacant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join