It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths Unsolved X-files (part 3 of 3)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Another star and flag from me

Looking forward to more threads from you Sublime.

I think the SS Ourang Medan deserves a thread of it's own. Freaky stuff.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Thank you for putting these up.. I knew most of them but not all.. I will check on the last two more. Very interesting. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Thanks OP!
It's hard to do a proper investigation after so much time has passed and *all* the witness testimony is from other than the primary observers who are dead.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
At the risk of sounding repetitive, thank you for such well presented stories. They have been a great enjoyment to me over the last few days. Well chosen, written and presented. A massive thanks; my heartfelt gratitude to you and I'll look out for your future posts!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I used to have a book of mysterys by the rendalls man and women.
In it was a very wierd thing about a place that was very paranomal
Everything was on an angle when looked at from afar,
But when you were in the place everything looked nomal except
the surrounding area.
Have you any details on this as i have lost my book.
I think it was called, The encyclopedia of the unexplained,
jenny rendalls and husband

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

I know Jenny Randles and Peter Hough's work but I have not read this.

Cannot even find a review on Amazon or anywhere but the book appears to hint at the Penine Hills area in the UK where a heap of strange stuff has occurred - she has penned another book entitled "Supernatural Pennines" which looks at about 100 different events in the Yorkshire/Lancashire areas.

I'll keep looking though because that sounds really intriguing

Thanks mate

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

thanks i have just ordered it from amazon

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I just have to say, it's a dreary, rainy Sunday morning here in Austin, Texas -- and I am thoroughly enjoying lying here with my cup of tea and reading all these creepy but fascinating stories. Thanks so much for putting them all together! More posts would be greatly appreciated!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Wait a minute....you drink tea in the states??

Wow, you learn something new everyday!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE
reply to post by kaylaluv

Wait a minute....you drink tea in the states??

Wow, you learn something new everyday!

Yes, and we aren't all cowboys riding horses in Texas, either.
Seriously, when I visited England and Ireland back in the mid-90's, I had more than one person ask how many horses I had when I told them I was from Texas. I've only been on a horse once in my life (and it was scary). The second most common question I was asked was if I knew any of the people from the TV show "Dallas". Yeah, right.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Awesome thread, I've really enjoyed reading your 3 part over the last couple days.
The rock frog story blew my mind lol.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thanks for your post, finally something interesting that can make one think in a good way!
F & S for you!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Another great list. Writng this in order to keep track of it for later study.

thank you again S+F

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Great stuff. As far as the Ourang Medan mystery, I think that if she ever existed at all, the idea of her carrying some type of toxic substance is the only one that makes any sense. A nerve agent of some type could very well account for the horror on the faces of the men and dog, as their muscles could have been affected and made to contort in such a grotesque fashion.

Whether the cargo was actually related to a government chemical or biological weapons program, or simply consisted of volatile chemicals that shouldn't have been mixed, we will never know. Either way, or possibly other, similar circumstances, are probably what accounted for this intriguing mystery.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Thank you deeply for putting this together...I had only heard of a couple of these and i am really into this kind of stuff so it was great to have all the new info. Also another thanks for making something worth reading again around here....been nothing but crap lately...well done.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Yes? What was the last code that was cracked using "the channeled languages of God?" This is just another way of saying: "You'll have to believe it to see it!" So that anything the Finnish businessman tells you is "the truth" even if there is no way to substantiate it. If such and such a flower grows in Ethiopia, then show us a picture of the flower and the picture from the Voyanitch Ms. That would settle it. Otherwise you've got yet another hoaxer. The pictures in the MS have been compared with a huge amount of known plants, and even ones that have gone extinct but that we still have reference to. Not one match has been done yet. Again, my theory, someone made up the book to "look smart" to others. Or perhaps to peddle it off to someone who was an avid bibliophile who would pay loads of money for something really interesting...It's been done before. Hitler's Journals, etc.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
After reading the article concerning the Ourang Medan, I am inclined to believe that angels destroyed the people and that vessel because it was carrying all of those nasty chemical and biological agents. If those weapons had been expanded upon and let loose, the world might not exist.

It very well might have been an act of God to safe humanity from itself. In fact, based on the reports of what that ship was carrying, I am sure of it.

I disagree completely with the idea that they died because of those chemical and biological agents because they were in terror because of something they saw as well.

So, even those crew members who may not have had nefarious intentions needed to die by the hands of your loving god and you are "sure" if it? Maybe those crew members had smaill children, wives, brothers, sisters, etc who also suffered because they lost their loved ones, but all in the name of saving the planet? Did he snuff out the dog as a warning to the rest of man's best friends?

Where there were enough chemical agents on that ship to destroy the world? Did your god make those chemicals vanish? I'm inclined to believe they still existed when the ship was found. Wouldn't the explosion have released some of these into the air (and almost certainly into the sea) yet we don't hear of any lingering issues. Sorry, that's just not a valid scientific theory. Aren't we supposed to look at these events in that fashion in order to come to a logical conclusion? Apologies but I think it's the easy way out to explain a mystery like this by chalking it up to angels.. It's not like Fatima where there is some evidence to support that those visions were real - at least to those that experienced them.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Ooh, I remember reading about the Ourang Medan in a book as a kid. It was very chilling.
I'm inclined to believe the story is fake, based on the fact that there aren't any official records of the ship.
edit on 16-9-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Sublimecraft, thank you very much for the great series of posts, great read and must have taken allot to put togeather. cant flag yet but star for you sir.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
What a great x-files series. Just got done reading and researching. Whew.

Good stuff. Threads like these are always welcome!

SnF on all three.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join