It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just reached 10,000 Stars! Should i get a free coffee cup or T Shirt?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Now if only stars and flags on ATS could help us with getting laid

Just kidding, I dont need the help

edit on 16-9-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I participate for the opportunity to feel validated on an opinion, and to be enlightened on topics I couldn't piece together myself.

No coffee mug, or shirt should ever be your goal when enlightenment is the main focus of this site.

And frankly, the Mod request was sad.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Hmmmm....

Mod backwards is dom.

Dom is the first three letters in the word dominate or dominatrix or Dom perignon

Coincidence?

I think knot.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
What I want to know is what the point of the Points System is anymore. It doesn't contribute to the WATS score, it is no longer a prerequisite of the RATS forum, you can't buy anything with them anymore, etc.

You are right. It's a holdover from the previous system and now amounts to a stand-alone metric. It may be used internally as an indicator if some of us minions are being considered for banning. In other words, it might buy you some slack. But the system has changed several times in the past. It may be this system is not the last of the line and a future one may incorporate points into a formula.

As I noted above, there are some problems with the current system. The Wats score doesn't really work as intended and has no downside; it just grows and grows. Conversely, it's difficult to get out of a rut with the Karma score, where more posts hold you back. For example, I have several posts in this thread, most full of relevant specific information, but also without stars (which is fine because one ought to treat them lightheartedly.) These posts, even though they have useful information, actually count against my Karma score and tend to lower it. This was originally intended to discourage throw-away posts, but if the membership doesn't like some information, it amounts to the same thing.

ANY system you could come up with will have similar issues, no matter what you do.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I just reached 10,000 Stars!

And to think it only took you just over 8,000 posts to get there...

Well done indeed...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

I just reached 10,000 Stars!

And to think it only took you just over 8,000 posts to get there...

Well done indeed...

Ha ha! This is a good example of what I mean. Facelift here has only 1500 posts, but 10,000 stars, just like OP and me, yet his Karma score is sky high, perhaps one of the highest I've seen. His Wats score is respectable, but his lack of posts and lack of flags suppresses it.

Only 8000 posts

I wonder if he'll get it?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join