It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just reached 10,000 Stars! Should i get a free coffee cup or T Shirt?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Rewards?

Congrats

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah, you're #42 !

You should be a Super Moderator.

Free parking space in front of ATS Server Farm which is ___________where?

Oh, I swear... Really.. I didn't know my own ranking was #42. LOL.... Now that is a quirky little coincidence. I'd noticed I was on the list, but that's downright funny now for coincidences. I sure meant the other mysterious #42 reference

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

SHHH!

You're ruining the WATS Top 50 surprise.

I'm gonna get your WATS reset to 0

The store is legit and 100% ATS owned.

It should be more visible and not hard to find the ATS Online Store.

Suggestion: Follow Apple - Remove ..........- New Topics- tab.....put in - ATS Store -.

Revenue will - $$$ Triple -.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

That's an odd looking coffee cup.

Adobe Photoshop Image Editing ?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Where is this list ya'll are talking about?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Where is this list ya'll are talking about?

It's on Page 1.

See mod 1st post on my thread.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Oh. i see.

So i'm number #92.

Not exactly. There may be hundreds of people between your Wats score of 85 and the lowest Wats score on the top 50. That's nice you've reached 10,000 stars (Cough!) and that your Wats score is a repectable 85, but that doesn't tell the whole picture. Indeed, any metric they can make up is only a rough approximation. For example, look at the ratio of stars to posts. You've made over 8,000 posts, so your post to star ratio is about 1.2 stars per post. Now compare that to someone like seabag. He has about 4,000 posts and 15,000 stars. His post to star ratio is about 4 stars per post. So who makes "better" posts? seabag, by leaps and bounds. Yet his Wats score is the same as mr-lizard with 7500 posts and 15,000 stars, a 2 to 1 ratio and somewhat fewer flags.

The Wats score works like this: It's (number of posts ÷ 600) + (number of flags ÷ 80) + (number of stars ÷ 170). Here stars are worth half of what flags are and posts themselves are worth about an eighth of what flags are. Flags are dominant and can only be earned by starting threads.

Karma (K) is different. It's ((stars * 15) + (flags + applause) * 10)) / posts. Note that the overwhelming variable here is stars, which are multiplied by 15. You get much less for flags (starting threads) or ‘exceptional’ posts that earned applause, both of which are multiplied by ten. Applause, which can earn you 500 points a whack, are counted the same as a single flag here. So right off the bat flags and applause are worth two-thirds of what stars are. But the whole thing is divided by number of posts, which means the more posts you have, the lower your Karma Score. Your Karama is not all that high.

The Top 50 List appears to be based on Wats, but it isn't the only or even the best measurement. If they posted a Top 50 list based on Karma, you wouldn't be anywhere near contention because your posts actually hurt you because they tend not to earn as many stars per post as others do. And with all your 8,000+ posts, you've received applause only four times. Your applause per post ratio is dismal.

So my advice, if anyone cares, is to concentrate on making good and useful posts. When you have a ratio like seabag, maybe that gives you bragging rights, but stars by themselves mean nothing out of context. Your scores really are fairly normal and may reflect longevity more than anything else.
edit on 9/15/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I see i have more flags than you.

You may address me as Sir Eurisko.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The store is actually not about revenue, it's just for members to get ATS Swag. We actually sell it at cost as far as I understand it.

As for mods, we aren't selected based on any of our 'stats'. Members are asked to join staff because we can trust them, show a high level of civlity and decorum and show a deep interest in being a productive member of our community.

It's about being part of the ATS family. It takes love to do this job for free.

Oh and #1 rule about wanting to become a mod? Don't ask to become a mod

~Tenth
edit on 9/15/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

The store is actually not about revenue, it's just for members to get ATS Swag. We actually sell it at cost as far as I understand it.

As for mods, we aren't selected based on any of our 'stats'. Members are asked to join staff because we can trust them, show a high level of civlity and decorum and show a deep interest in being a productive member of our community.

It's about being part of the ATS family. It takes love to do this job for free.

~Tenth

I see.

The ad revenue must be more than enough to pay the bills.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I see that aside from "K" I lead you in all categories. Lord intrepid?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

All that, and I didn't even remember to say Grats for your 10k! Phooey on people who make light too... You earned your one thread of back patting. I've given you at least a few of those stars and flags, indeed!

I think ..or at least hope..when the joking is aside (on another post's concern), that we all agree the numbers are of interest but not the point and anyone who is at least into the 4 digits on posts/stars and still doing it for the numbers would tend to worry me.

I think that does lead to one thing the numbers are good for though. Someone posting filler material or gotcha posts for stats doesn't last long in what I've seen over time. Peer review is a brutally efficient thing around here...and so 10k does speak well in that way. Grats on the milestone!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

You get to pat yourself on the back.

Maybe you'll cough up a gold watch.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Thanks.

I'll have to buy ATS and install the - ATS Store - tab above.

It works for Apple.

----------
BTW, what happened to the cool ATS database???

They used to have Bob Lazar + Aurora cool info. It's all gone.

Now we just have the blog.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

What the hell is does the K mean ???

I must be doing something right.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

What the hell is does the K mean ???

I think it means Karma. Post percentages that are starred and flagged. This is just a guess mind you. As there are no stars and flags in staff threads mine is low.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I guess your Post/Star / Karma numbers all mean you're a really busy mod that gets handed all the tough trouble tickets to go make right again. lol... 48,000 posts. (gulp) What sharp claws you have there.... (hops back real slow like)

(vanishes down the hole)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

It's not that bad. I don't think half of my posts are in staff threads. I just have a big mouth.
You have a topic I have an opinion.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Hmmm. I've never fully understood this score.

Is there a thread that explains that more fully?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

42k posts
have you been stealing my one liners?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join