It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop helping in covering up lies in the bible

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I see your point in that if he rose from the dead it could be considered his second coming although as others have said this is debatable. What I find interesting is that you called the Bible a book of lies but then took it as truth to prove your point. My Wife and I did a thread together some time back based on both of our research into the "Lies" of the Bible Here. It was posted on her account in order to bring her post count up in order to get into chat at the time(200 posts). Anyway the point is that in that thread we show he did not die on the cross but actually died at Masada in 72 AD(April 14th to be exact). If this is TRUTH then if he comes back it would indeed be for a second time which may be why it is worded the way it is. Funny how that works out.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
They're not exactly lies. They hide metaphors for initiates. Even some of the passages that fundmentalists see wars and murder.

We have a real intercessor, a real Christ, a real Spirit of Peace and Love, and yet metaphors exist throughout the entire gospels as well. But with his life, and the example given, even if you were a fundmentalist who only followed his example and pulled away from the Old Testament, you would still be walking in STO and Love and Peace, non retaliation.

However there are layers of metaphors going on. For example the Precious Pearl is actually the Tao, and Taoist alchemy, wherein, astral projection is a path to enlightenment, if you are Right Mind, Right Words, Right Actions or Positive and overcoming Greed, Retaliation, Selfishness, for the Universe Within is the real Astrals and the outer is the mirrored reflection, which is flat, 2d hologram erected by the lasers/stars.

Everything is backwards, has layers of meanings but one is what I mentioned above, that the real infinite universe(s) and astrals are within.

How to Turn a Sphere Inside Out

From Space/Time to Time/Space, we have to turn the sphere right side out or basically we're wearing the sleeve inside out.

edit on 15-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn

People have been covering up the lies that are in the bible.

In that book it is word of a second coming of a fellow named Jesus.

But that fellow had his second coming already when he came back resurrected from the dead.

So how is it that people still act like their is this second coming still pending?

Lo, the bible is a book of poorly told lies.

I take you have not read the bible then , because if you had you would know were it is written and the signs of his return

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I find this statement unbelievable. The Bible is at the very least one the finest examples ancient literature in our possession. The Bible is a book of lies ? Because you say it is ? Yaaaaaah, NO!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

But that fellow had his second coming already when he came back resurrected from the dead.

So how is it that people still act like their is this second coming still pending?

How dare you call a lie what you haven't even begun to read or understand.

Read it. Come back and say it is a lie. Then at the very least you will have enough knowledge with which you might even more foolishly hang yourself.

Your arrogance and boldness combined with your ignorance digs you a huge hole that even the basest of the wise will recognize and from it they will flee.

Now if you had asked a question out of the curiosity in your heart, you might be offered an opportunity to receive an answer. But you can live with your ignorance; for as long as you decide to not seek the truth, then the longer the breath of God is a vanity in you.

And while many people make the mistake of saying and performing many vain things, these are forgiven. But for one to boldly proclaim a message that is a bold faced lie concocted in the hatred and loathing of his heart and without any searching or knowledge to support, this is not as readily forgiven.

I highly suggest you read the book before you judge it; as I said before, you will regret regurgitating only what has been concocted instead of discerning with your own eyes, ears, and your own spirit, and the Spirit of God, instead of paying attention to the spirits of evil and stupidity and foolishness and arrogance and boldness and disregard.

Your first mission in reading is the book of Job. It's not very long and it's a good lesson in discerning those who proclaim to be believers in God and those who are TRULY believers in God. The book of Job will teach you how to discern and stay away from those who are liars that claim God's name (stay away in the heart, for in the physical reality you could not avoid them short of leaving this world); and it will also teach you to whom you should be paying attention and listening. Read the book of Job and recognize who suffers and who is graced with blessings. Learn what is actually going on.

If you read the book of Job in the spirit of learning instead of the spirit of foolishness, you will learn that most Christians are only self-professed, false, and they do NOT belong to our Father. You will learn there are very few true Christians and these are the ones, if any, that you should hear for wisdom in God. You will also learn how to judge trials in life. You will learn that the ancients had knowledge of the earth's shape and position in the heavens. If you do not take for granted the knowledge that you DO have and you pay attention to the details, you will notice things that were once known well over 2000 years ago, written in the book of Job, that were not known again until most recently, within a couple of a hundred years.

This is the book of Job alone. You have no idea, because of your hatred and blindness and foolishness, what things you are missing. And this is yet again, just a book. The Spirit of God is so much more revealing, which Spirit He gives us freely when we ask in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, whose mission was to make sure that we would be able to receive the gift of the Spirit, all of us in His Holy Name, which the Father has glorified and will glorify again.

Because of people who are NOT Christian, you punish God? That would be like me punishing the creators of Above Top Secret because you decided to come and take the name of ATS, "Deny Ignorance" the motto, and turn it into a piece of junk motto because you decided to come in here and rant in your utter ignorance, which is most apparent!

How dare you ATS, for allowing such a cretin to exist within your forums! I hate you and I am tired of you controlling me and my family!... except that is what you are saying to God because of people who come into His life and make Him look bad by claiming to take on His Word and instead saying and performing completely against what His motto is "To love is to live." And that love is obedience, and it is commanded that our sacrifice is mercy, and that mercy is grace, and that grace means room to change, and that room to change means support for the weak, and support for the weak is the highest form of love. Now imagine the love of a God all-powerful, all-knowing, ever-present - making Himself humble, made of clay also, limiting His own power, making Himself local, coming to the earth poor and meek; being poor Himself and yet He fed the poor and walked with the poor and was poor and then died a poor death despite the wickedness of mankind to save mankind if mankind would accept that Jesus Christ came in the flesh and died in the flesh and came back to life and later ascended and is LORD! Go learn.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by WarJohn

I find this statement unbelievable. The Bible is at the very least one the finest examples ancient literature in our possession. The Bible is a book of lies ? Because you say it is ? Yaaaaaah, NO!

Not only for it's political insight, also its.............. everything.
If you are not a man, read the bible. It will twist your thinking 180

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by jhill76

"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.

That's GOT to be just the biggest cloud ever! Every nation will see it.

So, is Jesus the "Son of Man" or "The Son of God?" How many daddies does this guy have?

PS: Virgin birth? There's a lie right there!

You know something Wind, it's funny you say that. I was raised southern baptist since I was born. I realized it was all a load of crap as soon as I was old enough to understand sex and reproduction. I was just sitting there one day and the thought popped into my head: "No f-ing way, that chick WAS banging somebody and lied to her husband about it! There's no other logical explanation. Then I thought, ohhhhhhh my goodness, poor Jesus. His mother got caught cheating made up a lie to her husband to cover her arse. It spun out of control as lies tend to do, and it resulted in this poor kids parents lying to him and telling him this crazy story. I feel sorry for him, that's so sad." That's exactly where I jumped off the Jesus train. At that moment he went from savior to mentally abused child that I felt sorry for.

edit on 15-9-2012 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by WarJohn

You are so funny! I'm still laughing out loud!!

You in my view hold truth in this post!!

One would have to study at length or have " faith in " the wisdom of ancient literatures of time. Or, so I think.

I've always had the faith but being lead to believe in the word how the one church here or there sees it is where my faith left Christianity and became a non religion labeled kinda faith. More gnostic and hermetist than Christian but again, love me some god and Jesus!!! I'm a Jesus freak!

I had to (scientifically minded) go back to before the beginning so I could see where the seed of thought got planted and saw God. No longer looking for him as I saw/ see him.

When we all know God and have an understanding of God we then can become personal with him and our light then transcends time.

I think then, everyone would see who Jesus is to them and would actually see and understand the layering in the Bible that of which can be beautifully found. Revelation is the end on earth and then our mind/ soul is free from coming here again, unless we choose of course.

Even though... I'm not a Christian, I love me some Jesus though and will fight any darkness trying to invade my soul/ mind.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

reply to post by jhill76

"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.

That's GOT to be just the biggest cloud ever! Every nation will see it.

So, is Jesus the "Son of Man" or "The Son of God?" How many daddies does this guy have?

PS: Virgin birth? There's a lie right there!

You know something Wind, it's funny you say that. I was raised southern baptist since I was born. I realized it was all a load of crap as soon as I was old enough to understand sex and reproduction. I was just sitting there one day and the thought popped into my head: "No f-ing way, that chick WAS banging somebody and lied to her husband about it! There's no other logical explanation. Then I thought, ohhhhhhh my goodness, poor Jesus. His mother got caught cheating made up a lie to her husband to cover her arse. It spun out of control as lies tend to do, and it resulted in this poor kids parents lying to him and telling him this crazy story. I feel sorry for him, that's so sad." That's exactly where I jumped off the Jesus train. At that moment he went from savior to mentally abused child that I felt sorry for.

edit on 15-9-2012 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

Jesus is both the son of man ( our sun/ way of life/ word) and the son of god ( adam, Enoch, Hermes, Joshua to name a few). We are all one but in spirit we are many in one. . Jesus is our representivite of man kind.

This above is of course the way I see it.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

HAHA!

Well, Jesus figured it out too, that's when he started calling his mother, "Woman!"

John 2 "O woman, what have you to do with me?

edit on 15-9-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The angel that tells the disciples that Christ will return in the same manner as they saw Him ascend said so 50 days after His resurrection.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Read the bible, warjohn

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The Bible is at the very least one the finest examples ancient literature in our possession.

Not by a long shot. In fact, the myths from which the Bible borrows are infinitely more enjoyable then the cold, dry, rehashing given in the Bible. Take the creation myth for example, the Biblical version goes something like this (paraphrasing obviously):

God creates Adam from clay and breath to tend to the Garden of Eden. Adam begins naming everything he sees, but he get's lonely because he can't name anything compatible with him. So, God makes Lilith, but Lilith won't subjugate herself before Adam, so God curses her to be a demon who steals children forever. Then God makes Eve from Adam's rib, and she get's tricked by a snake into eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Upon discovering that Adam and Eve know modesty, God banishes them from the Garden for disobeying the commands he knew they would. The result: they must live mortal lives. The end.

The original myth from which this story is based is Sumerian in origin, with some alterations in Babylonian recounting. The myth, concerning the god Nuddimud and and his wife Ninmah occurs in the Land of Dilmun and goes something like this (also paraphrasing):

When the land of Dilmun had become overrun by greenery, the Anunnaki asked Nuddimud to make a servant who could tend to the lush gardens for them. Nuddimud and his wife Ninmah set about the task. They combined clay, breath, bone, and spit to fashion the first human being. They were so impressed with their creation that they decided to make more to accompany it during its work. Instead of simply making more, they decide to challenge each other. Ninmah will make seven defective humans, and Nuddimud must find purpose for them in Dilmun. Then, Nuddimud can make defective humans and Ninmah will find purpose for them.

Ninmah makes seven. One walks with a limp, one has a damaged hand, one cannot speak, and a whole variety of what would have been common handicaps for human beings. Nuddimud then determines the perfect job for each human, so that no human being is without purpose or function in life. Ninmah then makes her final three: the first one cannot read the cuneiform language the Sumerians used, the second cannot work the fields for a variety of reason (no tools pretty much), and the final one is a female version of the creation.

Nuddimud takes some time to design three new humans to compliment Ninmah's final three. The first is a teacher, and helps Ninmah's first learn to read and write (which accounts for the Sumerian school, called the edubba). The second can work with rock, metal, wood, clay, and precious stones to make tools (plows, axes, spears, etc) so Ninmah's second man can work the fields and raise herds, etc. The final man Nuddimud fashions is a simple, basic human being with no specific skill set. This he calls husband and gives to the female, creating the first couple.

Finally, it is Nuddimud's turn, and he makes a single creation called an umul; it cannot eat, speak, write, stand, walk, work, or do anything to take care of itself. Ninmah tries for a long time to fix the creature, but finally she gives up because she cannot do it. Nuddimud then reveals the answer to her: he gives the umul to the man and female to raise as the first child.

Love, family, and procreation; the school system and importance of reading and writing; artisans and laborers. The Sumerian myth accounts for far more aspects of human society than the Biblical one. The Biblical one, in fact, is a power-trip for YHVH. It is less about the creation of human beings, and more about his ego and why you should always obey him.

There is vastly superior ancient literature available than the Bible. One just need read something other than the Bible to discover it.

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 15/9/12 by Wandering Scribe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

No doubt, a very biased opinionated response. Of course the Bible tells more about God ! That is the reason......we go.....to the ..Bible in the first flippin case. Oy vey ! To learn about our Heavenly Father and how he would have us live these lives he gave us in the first place. Or Gods "ego" as you put it. But, lots of people think they have no one to thank.Talk about ego!
edit on 15-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Text People have been covering up the lies that are in the bible. In that book it is word of a second coming of a fellow named Jesus. But that fellow had his second coming already when he came back resurrected from the dead. So how is it that people still act like their is this second coming still pending? Lo, the bible is a book of poorly told lies.
reply to post by WarJohn

WarJohn

The terrestrial flesh and blood and bone Jesus is dead and shall never ever be seen again as that terrestrial man.
Before Jesus was born into this flesh, He was known as the Word of God. He was of celestial substance. After His terrestrial birth He was terrestrial substance. As Christ returns to this earth to gather the righteous from the unrighteous He will then govern this earth for 1,000 years. When Christ returns to this earth for His 1,000 years reign, He will not be flesh and blood nor will He carry the name Jesus. He has been resurrected and now reigns in His celestial substance as "The Word of God." He also returns as "The Word of God."

In order to identify the second advent of Christ you must also separate the terrestrial Jesus from the Celestial Word . The terrestrial Jesus is gone forever and will never return in any form of reincarnation or like substance. He was and is known forever as The Word of God. The book is only a lie if you want to believe it as a lie. To you it is a lie because you do not understand. It's not that you are dumb or ignorant, it is simply a matter that you do not understand true Christianity or the bible.

The word Christian means nothing if you aren't one. Hundreds of thousands of people can make any claim they want but very few even understand what Jesus taught.or the true purpose of His ministry. When you paint the entire bible with one brush then it shows me that you do not understand the bible. The true ministry of Christ was to reveal and introduce the Kingdom Of Heaven. Of course you must also have forgiveness of trespasses to be given the kingdom of heaven. That really needs no explanation. Until His death there was no Kingdom of heaven given to this human race.

To understand this in the manner that should be understood is to understand that Jesus will never come again but The Word of God will come again and that will be His second advent since His creating this world. I hope I did not confuse you any more than what you are now confused.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
To be ignorant and then call what you don't understand "a lie" is..... well, ignorant.

You can't take a verse here and there and say it's all "a lie." Because you don't understand something doesn't make it untrue.

There are many of these post on ATS. And they are not from people that try or want to understand the bible. They just want to argue for the sake of it.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by murphy22

If there weren't so many people that use the bible to insult, condemn and start wars people wouldn't really care if other's believed in fairy tales or are being lied too, so much.

But when people climb up on their holier than thou horse and quote the Bible as God's holy word against others, it's not too hard to prove that it isn't God's word but man's word.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What you said was that the Bible was one of the "finest examples of ancient literature." What I'm saying is that it is not; there are much more complex and interesting examples of ancient literature and storytelling available to us.

Have you ever looked at the actual literary prose of the Bible?

The characters are one dimensional (at best). The plot meanders and contradicts itself from book-to-book. Entire characters introduced as important, disappear after their one scene. There's no real threat present, as the "bad guy" is just a hapless pawn of the "good guy." And, worst of all, none of the characters are dynamic. The persona we're introduced to, is the persona they keep for the entire work. None of their personalities grow and mature as they do. It's dry, unimaginative writing that shows no care for storytelling or emotional efficacy.

Perhaps you've confused the projection of God you created based on your personal opinion of what He is like, with the rudimentary character the Bible portrays Him as. A book's purpose is not the same as it's literary potency. The Bible is very good for molding people into mindless sycophants for YHVH; but it is very bad at developing powerful literary themes, and demonstrating complex literary forms.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

How dare you call a lie what you haven't even begun to read or understand.
Your arrogance and boldness combined with your ignorance digs you a huge hole that even the basest of the wise will recognize and from it they will flee.

And while many people make the mistake of saying and performing many vain things, these are forgiven. But for one to boldly proclaim a message that is a bold faced lie concocted in the hatred and loathing of his heart and without any searching or knowledge to support, ****this is not as readily forgiven.****

Yeah, you tell em', Tar! Let's go trash his embassy and kill people just because he trashed our bible! Let no one challenge the bible. It is the word of GOD and we will go jihad on anyone's a$$ for not accepting it.
--------------------------
Not readily forgiven? Are you insane???

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
They're not exactly lies. They hide metaphors for initiates. Even some of the passages that fundmentalists see wars and murder.

We have a real intercessor, a real Christ, a real Spirit of Peace and Love, and yet metaphors exist throughout the entire gospels as well. But with his life, and the example given, even if you were a fundmentalist who only followed his example and pulled away from the Old Testament, you would still be walking in STO and Love and Peace, non retaliation.

However there are layers of metaphors going on. For example the Precious Pearl is actually the Tao, and Taoist alchemy, wherein, astral projection is a path to enlightenment, if you are Right Mind, Right Words, Right Actions or Positive and overcoming Greed, Retaliation, Selfishness, for the Universe Within is the real Astrals and the outer is the mirrored reflection, which is flat, 2d hologram erected by the lasers/stars.

Everything is backwards, has layers of meanings but one is what I mentioned above, that the real infinite universe(s) and astrals are within.

How to Turn a Sphere Inside Out

From Space/Time to Time/Space, we have to turn the sphere right side out or basically we're wearing the sleeve inside out.

edit on 15-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Excellent..... I wish I had read your post earlier, but better late than never. Lol

Really good stuff!

Nothing really to say other than I agree and it's nice to see someone on the same level of thinking. It's taken me so many years to get here. Glad we are moving forward.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join