It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Personal Name Theory

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm curious about the name Bryan, what are most Bryan's like to you?
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
that boy named sue had a rough go of it !

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I don't know about that. My veteran stepfather and my best friend's creepy ex-boyfriend both have the name Chris, and from what I heard of the ex, they couldn't be more different in personality.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

I have only known one Bryan. He is very into rpgs and he is quiet but kind of goofy. So that is all I have to go on. It is hard to make connections until you personally know two or more.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
reply to post by Lichter daraus

I have only known one Bryan. He is very into rpgs and he is quiet but kind of goofy. So that is all I have to go on. It is hard to make connections until you personally know two or more.

Well that's pretty close to what im like, except i don't like rpgs. I do however love video games and im quiet and goofy at times. I have known four Bryan's, but only one spelled Bryan. The others were Brian(2), and Brion(1).

The Brian's were quiet not really goofy but like rpgs. Brion was a lot like me but not very quiet.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

The information revealed to me using this numerology was dead on, and actually a little too eerie

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
I have a personal theory that I have always held to be true and I would like to share it with all of you. I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter. This may be something that most people agree with and have already thought, or it could be something crazy, I don't know.

I believe that those that have the same name have the same personality characteristics. For example, men named Chris all have similar characteristics. It is true with any name.

I have found that the spelling of the name matters. For example, a Brittany is different from a Britni, or Britney.
It doesn't matter what the true name is, only what they go by. For example, my brother's first name is William, but he goes by his middle name. His middle name is true to his personality but his true first name is not.

Now, as with anything, there are always people who are an exception to the rule. So I am not saying this is true for everyone.

I have my own characteristics that apply to different names that, honestly, I'm afraid to share because I don't want anyone to be offended if they don't like the characteristic. But I would like to hear your thoughts on the matter to see if they match up to any of my ideas.

I'm not sure why this theory holds true, at least in my life. I have discussed this with some other people before and they realized it was true in their own lives and our characteristics matched up. I have an idea that a certain name brings up certain thoughts in our mind when we hear it. If this theory is true for everyone, then perhaps children grow up with people around them having a certain expectation of them and they grow into adulthood living out this expectation.

There was a study done about children who had "unusual" names. They found that names like Blaze, Danger, etc ended in adults who had problems with the law. Now, this could be due to many factors, but it basically proved that the children grew up to mimic their name. I can try to find the article if anyone is interested.

But, if children named Danger can grow up to become a problem for the law, then why can't children named Rachel have their own unique characteristic that they embrace while growing up.

Again, I am not saying everyone named the same acts exactly the same, but they do have at least one linking characteristic.

So what say you? Do you find this to be true in your own life? Do you think this is a quacked out theory? I would love to hear your experiences with this.

This is so crazy! I'm so glad I stumbled across this post in you signature from one of the Sandy Hook threads. I've thought this theory for years and I thought I was the only one,lol. I've never heard anyone else ever speak of this.

Great post! Merry Christmas!!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well this made me laugh.
Ive yet to meet an Alison Ive got on with.
And Ive known about 7!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LILY9
Well this made me laugh.
And Ive known about 7!

I've known two, and they were both snooty conceited bitches. Same experience for you?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Yes, your theory must be true.

Names are words. Just like any other words they convey meaning. When people grow up with a name, they will have references for that name in society. The name will take on a meaning, and that meaning will shape a persona's identity.

Once a person takes on an identity, that identity will shape their actions.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

that boy named sue had a rough go of it !

edit on 5-1-2013 by dusty1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2013 by dusty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Ok OP let just see how accurate you are . My proper name is Lisa what can you speculate about my personality traits . Knowing absolutely nothing about me having never met me before in the person face to face . Tell me about myself from just my name . If you can and I'll judge your accuracy if your at all accurate .

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lotor
Ok OP let just see how accurate you are . My proper name is Lisa what can you speculate about my personality traits . Knowing absolutely nothing about me having never met me before in the person face to face . Tell me about myself from just my name . If you can and I'll judge your accuracy if your at all accurate .

Yeah, not sure on accuracy. Not sure if I know any Lisas....

I can only think of one right now and I barely spoke to her once. I'll have to think about this!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Originally posted by LILY9
Well this made me laugh.
And Ive known about 7!

I've known two, and they were both snooty conceited bitches. Same experience for you?

I've only known one Allison. A distant cousin I've met a few times. She always had to have everything just so. Her makeup and hair and clothes were always perfect.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sconner755
Yes, your theory must be true.

Names are words. Just like any other words they convey meaning. When people grow up with a name, they will have references for that name in society. The name will take on a meaning, and that meaning will shape a persona's identity.

Once a person takes on an identity, that identity will shape their actions.

Wonderful explanation. I really believe this to be true!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lotor

Okay I have thought about it and come up with 3 Lisas I have known. I have not known the three women as anything more than acquaintances, so take that this description as you choose. Also keep in mind I believe not every aspect of a person is similar, but there are certain characteristics that are similar between like-named people.

One thing they all seem to have in common is a desire to be liked. Too nice for their own good. They all seem to get stepped on here and there by people willing to take advantage. Problems with men, as in they never seem to pick a good one. Almost a shyness to them. They are friendly but they are not overly obnoxious, loud, or spontaneous. More than willing to help anyone who needs helping.

Hmm, I think that is all I can think of. It seems awfully generic but I know these women so little
Each of them represent those characteristics, though.

Thanks for reading and taking an interest

By the way, you say Lisa is your proper name. Do you mean you go by another? Or are you referring to your screen name?
edit on 14-1-2013 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

My name is Jennifer. Anybody have any thoughts or opinions on or experiences with Jennifers that you'd be willing to share?

My close family calls me Jenny, and my close friends call me Jen. I would appreciate thoughts, opinions, and experiences concerning Jennys and Jens also.

I'm an Ophiuchus/Sagittarius and I have no idea how that would affect how my name determines what I'm like as a person.

Also, does anyone have a link to a website concerning numerology related names?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

And bossy too, ha ha.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I agree. There's some examples in the celebrity world too.

Justin Bieber is pretty much a younger version of Justin Timberlake.
Cher Lloyd is pretty much the younger version of Cheryl Cole.

And I have two friends named Cody and while they are undoubtedly different people there is something intangibly similar about them that I can't really put a finger on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join