It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opportunity for fundamental personal change.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I am generally not one for posting about personal stuff, but this epiphany hit me with great force. I am interested if others have had a similar experience.

Several years ago, I came to a very profound understanding of myself. No one is perfect, but I was comfortable and at one with who I am. I counted myself fortunate, because it seems to me that many people never get to experience this. I don't buy into the whole morality thing, nothing is black and white, good and bad. But I have principals, so I find myself acceptable. I have been content until now.

Recently, I have identified an upcoming event in my life that is going to be a major tipping point. Or maybe the potential for a fundamental change is a better description. Realizing this was kind of mindblowing. I have always taken the Popeye approach if you will,"I am's what I am's, and that's all that I am's". I viewed it as being on the outside looking in. Not better than anyone, but separate. Now, I have an opportunity to rejoin the human race, for lack of a better term. I thought I was inevitable, the only possible outcome of my experiences and perspective. This is a chance to be more than I am. To be better I think. I might even get to be happy.

This is pretty exciting for me. Which in it's self is new, because I rarely if ever get excited. Has anyone else gotten an opportunity like this, or had a similar experience? To see an event in advance that has the potential to change your whole position and outlook on life? More importantly, if you have, how did it work out for you? Because while I am trying to focus on the potential positives in this. There is an equal chance that this could be a catastrophic failure. In which case I would continue as I have. That would be acceptable, but will probably not end well in the long run.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I don't seem to understand how you are not "part of the human race" and what "opportunity" could present itself to change that.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Consequence

I don't intend on getting into details.

The general concept is what should be focused on.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Certainly possible, I have even had such a situation happen to me. Birth of a child. Life changing for sure. Something that opens your eyes to the bigger picture and helps you focus on something besides yourself and your interactions with the world around you.

Even if having a child is not what you are facing make the most of any and every situation you are presented with, else you will find yourself in the future regretting not doing all you could.

Best of luck, and follow your instinct... I find that my gut is hardly ever wrong in the long run.

top topics

join