It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspected Anti-Islam Filmaker Taken After Midnight - Questioned By Feds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Seriously .. this has been up all day and ATSers aren't all upset about this person's
rights being stepped on and about him being hauled off in the middle of the night?

Whodathunkit.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
but isnt crying fire in a crowded theater

I don't see that at all. The fella has a right to free speech. It's the responsibility of the muslims not to get all worked up because someone else has an opinion that is different than theirs. For example - If someone says their religious founder was a caravan thief ... it's just the truth ... they should learn to deal with it instead of getting all worked up about the truth coming out.

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
yes he had the right to make and post the video to youtube...but with every right comes responsibility.

Isn't it the responsibility of the muslims to control themselves and act civilized?

Originally posted by loam
If true, then utterly unacceptable- even if he is a complete moron.

There ya' go. Exactly.

How is this any different than the tactics employed by the Islamic fascists we oppose?

EXACTLY. The behavior of the authorities in this matter are just as bad as the
Islamic fundamentalists who are acting in an uncivilized manner. IMHO

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I just stumbled on this FF. Maybe most are more afraid of hurting the feeling of a minority or foreign culture. More than the dwindling of our rights.

To add I hope some of the directors in Hollyweird take note the next time they make a crappy movie. They to may be rounded up in the middle of the night and taken.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

First off it was within his rights to produce this film and upload it. Hell its freedom of speech he can blab his opinions all day long. But if you go up to a big bad biker man and call him a sissy dont be surprised if your face gets rearranged, with all freedom comes personal responsibility.
Albiet this guy probally had the worst intentions and got the exact response he wanted...
I do condem him for that.

As far as legal justification and parole violation to haul him away, I would imagine somebody convicted of fraud has a stipulation in their parole about "raising and handilng a few million" dollars of other peoples money for anything. So I would imagine thats the angle they will be going with it makes the most sense to me. And maybe a accessing a computer. And if it wasnt before I bet that it will magically appear in the small print somewhere.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I smell CIA Operatives. I see an operation that was set up and 'put into action' very quickly - with lots of media coverage. Just remember all the movie production houses are owned and controlled by the cabal/illumnati/whatever. I see 'actors' - 'mind controlled patsies' - CIA Operatives - psychological operations. Just remember to factor in that the very same cabal/illuminati/whatever control all the mainstream media on the planet. Just stop for a moment and synthesize all the information and then deconstruct it and examine the separate pieces - then put it back together - that is what I do and it makes more sense that way. I cannot view any news without examining it on an intellectual level that requires deep thought - not 'instant' recognition skills.

All information we receive is relative so I include this next piece of information as relative to my intellectual thinking processes and not as a comment intended to derail the thread: When planes that were in the air for ages - before they "hit" the twin towers - and could not be stopped by the security of the most powerful government in the world - but - a film maker 'causes' havoc and is arrested in record time. I am comparing the two pieces of information as I digest the current thread topic. Anyone who follows my posts will know I like to engage in all levels of intellectual discourse and not shallow comments derived from shallow thinking processes.

Things that make you go hmmm....

Much Peace...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Seriously .. this has been up all day and ATSers aren't all upset about this person's
rights being stepped on and about him being hauled off in the middle of the night?

Whodathunkit.

A potential probation violation is probably allowing this to be reasonable. Now if his PO states YouTube action was OKed then he might be railroaded and it would be questionable. The guy was not exactly an angel. The price of crime. He isn't just some average guy who uploaded a video.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Amen!!!!! Spoiled Americans need to learn the constitution, but more importantly...respect towards others and what they believe.

I agree w/ the straw that broke the camels back...this was one of the straws that broke. They're mad, scared....to much death and for what? What we believe in or what they believe in. We all know this war was illegal and so do they....

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

lol
note how some keep harping on free speech [which i'm all for]

yelling fire in a theater, verbally inciting people to riot,
making a movie to take a poke at an already agitated hornets nest

is not speech/talking

it's acting.

there's a line between saying
and doing.

claiming free speech in such a case, and definitions vary, and are vague or plastic with some,
is disingenuous at best, dishonest at worst.

although it's possible the authority's midnight raid may not be of a punitive intent, but of a protective one

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yes for sure....

And hmmmm lets seeeee how did that line of questioning go exactly????

"okay AGENT X great work on the film! It worked just as we were hoping it would. Sorry for the public display of taking you in, but we had to show the press that to add some plausible deniability to the charade. So if all goes as planned your in for a promotion. And by the way the bonus money of a 5 million has been wired to your account in switzerland. Also we have a private jet waiting that will take your and yoru family to our secret resort so you can disappear for a while til all this blows over. (chit chat, chit chat) Okay well an hour has passed so it should be ample time to trick all these people that we had you in for this harrrrsssseee interrogation. You can go now and if we need anything else we'll be in touch."

Is that about right?????

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
didnt borat like pretty much mock the entire nation of Kazakhstan and make millions doing so?(267 million actually)
i guess initaly they were offended but eventually seemed to be ok with it so the precedent for this guy getting out of trouble for this is kinda already out there .ie "the guy that made borat made a movie almost strictly to make people laugh and mock a culture and its people and was not sued or imprisoned.

The character of "Borat" was heavily criticized by the Kazakh Government, "being a concoction of bad taste and ill manners which is incompatible with the ethics and civilized behavior of Kazakhstan's people". Sacha Baron Cohen aka "Borat" gave a faked press conference at the White House gates on 29 September 2006, just one day before an official visit of Kazakhstan's president. The Kazakh government hired two Western public relations firms to counter Borat's claims, running a four-page advertisement in The New York Times implicitly rebutting many of the claims made by Borat. Kazahkstan has since changed their strategy by playing along, going so far as inviting Borat to visit Kazahkstan.
www.imdb.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

He hasn't incited vilence. Or any other such behavior. Some ignorant folks overseas are, but that is not our concern, nor his, to how other peoples in other countries react to his movie.

Offense cannot be given, it can only be taken.

go tell that to the families whose members got killed you arrogant nincompoop

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

The difference here is the actor you have brought up has never been convicted of fraud. I don't think this is about a movie. The police have gone after him because he is a known scam artist and it's likely he is scamming someone in this situation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join