It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Rally: Our Wives are Home Doing Laundry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

--Ohio Governor John Kasich says his wife, Paul Ryan's wife, and Rob Portman's wife are all home doing laundry while speaking at a Mitt Romney rally.

lol...Well I don't think it's at the extent of the over dramatic libby commentators are saying. But I just couldn't imagine saying "Yeah, my wife stays at home doing the laundry, while I'm out working"...it just sounds like a line straight out of a Leave It To Beaver 1950s mindset. Regressives SMH.

Plus it's not like ANY of their wives do the laundry, they all have servants to do it for them.

edit on 15-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I am sure some illegal mexican lady that they pay 2 dollars a day and can't speak english is doing the laundry. NOT their wives. I just don't see it as being true.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
To play devols advocate: Mormans are all rich so I bet they have earthly slaves to do their chores

Obama washes dishes at the 30000$ per plate fundraisers and also washed all the silken white table cloths after he got osama
Lol

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

lol what?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
To play devols advocate: Mormans are all rich so I bet they have earthly slaves to do their chores

Obama washes dishes at the 30000$ per plate fundraisers and also washed all the silken white table cloths after he got osama
Lol

All mormons are rich and own slaves. Watch out, saying stuff like that on the internet you might get a bunch of mormons forming mobs and marching around with death to HamrHeed sighns the way things have been going lately.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

extreme? ok..
edit on 15-9-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
What was he trying to accomplish by that statement?

To lose more of the female vote then they already have.

Im offended when they try to paint themselves as normal.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Sorry I didn't get to this thread earlier, I was doing laundry and then had to wash my hubby's feet.

I agree with the guy who said they're trying to appeal to the women who DO stay home and do laundry and take care of their husbands and have that 50s mentality. Ann Romney once said Mitt was like her 6th son. That just creeps me out. I think she lays out his clothes.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
What was he trying to accomplish by that statement?

To lose more of the female vote then they already have.

Im offended when they try to paint themselves as normal.

You and all women should be horribly offended by that. Owr womas ur at howm wear they should be, doin tha lawndry an tendin tha young uns. Wow.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Sorry I didn't get to this thread earlier, I was doing laundry and then had to wash my hubby's feet.

I agree with the guy who said they're trying to appeal to the women who DO stay home and do laundry and take care of their husbands and have that 50s mentality. Ann Romney once said Mitt was like her 6th son. That just creeps me out. I think she lays out his clothes.

Why do some people think equality is actually defined by discrimination against their advversary?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

The guy is a politician....he was trying to stir up support, to some of those fudementalist male Conservatives that would probably agree.

He's free to say whatever, and he iS doing a great job hurting himself....I say keep talking.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I don't understand your question. Sorry. Who is "some people" and how did my post lead to your comment/question?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
reply to post by billy197300

The guy is a politician....he was trying to stir up support, to some of those fudementalist male Conservatives that would probably agree.

He's free to say whatever, and he iS doing a great job hurting himself....I say keep talking.

What is obama going to do for you? Just wondering how you can be so adamant of his leadership directionality..

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

What is obama going to do for you? Just wondering how you can be so adamant of his leadership directionality..

What has he done for women? Many things. Besides signing the Lilly Ledbetter Act, expanding funding for the Violence Against Women Act, signing an EO regarding global violence against women and girls, nominating 2 women to the Supreme Court, and appointing many women to his cabinet, he has done much to improve the environment and the economy, which helps women as well as men. MUCH of what he has done helps women as well as men.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I don't understand your question. Sorry. Who is "some people" and how did my post lead to your comment/question?

The whole premise of this thread in itself makes no sense. How are mormons "backwoods" conservatives? Alot of them are rich and value education for everyone including their "housewives"
Anti conservatives should be shining mitts shoes.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

What has he done for women? Many things. Besides signing the Lilly Ledbetter Act, expanding funding for the Violence Against Women Act, signing an EO regarding global violence against women and girls, nominating 2 women to the Supreme Court, and appointing many women to his cabinet, he has done much to improve the environment and the economy, which helps women as well as men. MUCH of what he has done helps women as well as men.

And all those mentionings are political fluff. How about taking a stand for oppressed women in africa? or asia in general?
Why make up reasons to love him?

ps: why are you responding for the girl i direccted my question to?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The OP didn't mention Mormons at all.

And all those mentionings are political fluff. How about taking a stand for oppressed women in africa? or asia in general?

I disagree that these issues are political fluff. They are important to me and to other women HERE in the US. He is doing things for women globally, but he is not the King of the World. He does not have special powers. IMO, it's important to take care of THIS country's women first and foremost. THIS is the country he presides over.

I have done no such thing.

Because I wanted to. I'm a free female and I have an opinion on many things. Would you have me be tending to the laundry instead?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Excerpt:

Talk about a perfect follow-up to the story about women losing seven times as many jobs as men since President Obama’s taken office. The Washington Free Beacon’s Andrew Stiles reports on the gender pay gap in the White House: Female employees in the Obama White House make considerably less than their male colleagues, records show.

Source: Large Wage Discrepancy in the White House By Alana Goodman
www.commentarymagazine.com...

The OP didn't mention Mormons at all.

I disagree that these issues are political fluff. They are important to me and to other women HERE in the US. He is doing things for women globally, but he is not the King of the World. He does not have special powers. IMO, it's important to take care of THIS country's women first and foremost. THIS is the country he presides over.

I have done no such thing.

Because I wanted to. I'm a free female and I have an opinion on many things. Would you have me be tending to the laundry instead?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Unfortunately you have made the same error that alot of people make. You're assuming and projecting that only females do laundry.
I live and sustain it by cooking my food. Am I a female now because I can independently function and take care of myself without worry of being called names?

I do laundry. I cook, I like cats.
Burn me at the stake

oh and I buy my own condoms, without subsidies
edit on 15-9-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join