It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mid-East Violence Filmmaker says he has No Regrets over making the film

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Did a search and didn't find this.

According to this report the filmmaker who made the film that sparked violence and protest from Muslims this week says he has no regrets over making the film, and he might release it on YouTube.

In the interview, Nakoula says he was sad that Ambassador Chris Stevens had been killed but he did not regret making the film. Voice of America has a transcript of the conversation.

Nakoula says that the movie grew out of a book he wrote in 1993 but he refused to give the name of the book. He claims that there are now “prominent producer and directors” who plan to produce other, similar movies. He also says that he did not expect the film to cause such a strong reaction. He says he find it “funny and ridiculous” that anyone would think the United States had anything to do with the film.

Nakoula also claims that he is considering releasing the entire film on YouTube.

More HERE:
www.forbes.com...

The Voice of America, has a transcript here: www.voanews.com...
edit on 15-9-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Of course there is no regret.

IMO, it's mission accomplished. The whole point of it was to kick off this nonsense.

Not to even mention some of the comments I've seen on this site, but I was at the bar tonight and people were going off about how we need to start nuking. Good lord, bloodlust is rising. Hate breeds hate. We're on a downward spiral as a species, I'm afraid.
edit on 15-9-2012 by VariableConstant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

I to feel he had a purpose behind this film and it was not to be creative.

He has not regrets now, but give it awhile and the fact that a whole culture of people probably despise you and would potentially harm you in some cases may alter his opinion.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

He should be taken and left tied up in front of one of our embassies and left there. Or turned over to the marines whose buddies died because of his stupid film. I am sure he would regret it then. For the few minutes he was still alive anyway. What a douche.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
latimesblogs.latimes.com... ilm-nakoula-basseley-innoc....first thing I though of was the elephant man.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I am very saddened by this movie. although i think (like other ATS'ers) was a pre planned plus the attack on the embassy itself was pre-planned as well. Like the OP said to kick start this new wave of rioting knowing how sensitive, fragile and dangerous the situation is in the Muslim world!!

/Kurdman

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
latimesblogs.latimes.com... ilm-nakoula-basseley-innoc....first thing I though of was the elephant man.

Your link is broken Bro.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

He should be taken and left tied up in front of one of our embassies and left there. Or turned over to the marines whose buddies died because of his stupid film. I am sure he would regret it then. For the few minutes he was still alive anyway. What a douche.

I disagree. Was the film in bad taste? Yes. But that's all it was, a silly film. The filmmaker didn't choose to kill or hurt anyone. He says in another interview, he made the film because he wanted to show the Muslims how silly they were being with all the violence and hoped this would make them stop the killing. He wanted to teach them to laugh at their own silliness I assume.

Garcia also told CNN the script did not include a Prophet Muhammed character and that the actors complained their lines had been changed. She said she spoke Wednesday with Bacile [an pseudonym for Nakoula] who told her he wrote the script “because he wants the Muslims to quit killing,”

www.deadline.com...

So the guy wasn't very smart and his plan backfired. Still, he didn't hurt anyone. The Muslims who rioted and hurt and killed people have to take responsibility for their own actions. No one made them act on hate.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

He had to know it would provoke a reaction. Plan and simple I believe he intended to create this level of anger around the world. The murder of the ambassador was just further fuel to the fire.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I just find it hard to believe that this guy had any kind of good intention at all. If he did, he would certainly regret the carnage that resulted from it. Unless he's just not human and has no emotions at all. I am going to have to agree with Bane on this one, he knew exactly what he was doing.
edit on 15-9-2012 by billy197300 because: add

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Limiting your expression of free speech because it might offend, anger or upset others is the first step towards surrendering freedom.

Someday the more regressive members of the Muslim religion will hopefully learn that someone's expression of artistic creativity, even if it challenges your believes or especially if it ridicules them is best ignored. Practice your beliefs and allow others to practice theirs.

Millions of people suffer in war, terrorism, rival violence and are enslaved by those willing to manipulate them all because there are still people in the World who have not learned that to be free you must allow others to be free.

The true irony is that all the anger and violence resulting from this is not because some individual made a movie they feel offends their religion. It's nothing more than the latest excuse to vent the anger these people carry resulting from their own repression. More often than not, without a boogeyman to focus those feelings against they turn it on each other - tribes, clans, neighbors and especially wives and daughters.

I'd like to think I'm very tolerant of other people's beliefs but there is a limit where tolerance is no longer warranted. Attacking the USA and anything representative of it is just the latest idiotic display of how backwards some Muslims are. They will always need and have a great Satan, if America fell of the planet tomorrow they would elevate the next target in line without pause.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaneOfQuo

He had to know it would provoke a reaction. Plan and simple I believe he intended to create this level of anger around the world. The murder of the ambassador was just further fuel to the fire.

Perhaps but I doubt he expected this kind of reaction. There are many other films that make fun of Muhammad.

Perhaps the reaction would not be so strong except some extremist Muslim leader saw opportunity in this - to force the USA and other western countries to make laws that cater to their agenda. We see recently in Australia they have made laws saying it's a crime to speak ill of Muhammad. Just a few days ago the Muslim Brotherhood called for all western countries to do that same. This may be a ploy to force the USA to change their laws and do away with free speech to further the Muslim extremist agenda.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by BaneOfQuo

Perhaps but I doubt he expected this kind of reaction. There are many other films that make fun of Muhammad.

Perhaps the reaction would not be so strong except some extremist Muslim leader saw opportunity in this - to force the USA and other western countries to make laws that cater to their agenda. We see recently in Australia they have made laws saying it's a crime to speak ill of Muhammad. Just a few days ago the Muslim Brotherhood called for all western countries to do that same. This may be a ploy to force the USA to change their laws and do away with free speech to further the Muslim extremist agenda.

I don't think that would go over too well here.
2nd

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I don't think that would go over too well here.
2nd

I agree, but that don't stop them from trying. Around the world Muslims are constantly fighting with governments to change their laws to cater to them. This has been going on for years. There are ATS threads about this all the time. It's just one of my pet theories but I believe it's not only possible, but probable that's part of whats happening here.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by KurdishKing

Your link is broken Bro.

Let me fix that for you...(since SarnholeOntarable seems to be off-line)

La Times

Peace

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Originally posted by KurdishKing

Your link is broken Bro.

Let me fix that for you...(since SarnholeOntarable seems to be off-line)

La Times
Peace

Thanks i got it. How convenient that his face is covered so much....just a thought who says thats the real guy they are transporting.

/Kurdman

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I just find it hard to believe that this guy had any kind of good intention at all. If he did, he would certainly regret the carnage that resulted from it. Unless he's just not human and has no emotions at all. I am going to have to agree with Bane on this one, he knew exactly what he was doing.
edit on 15-9-2012 by billy197300 because: add

So what if he was? Thousands of silly youtube videos about religion appear online every day. Why should Islam be immune to mockery? When Life of Brian came out, it just made people laugh. The animals that went on a rampage for a silly home made video should get a sense of humour. I think that if many more are made, eventually they will get used to it and stop the nonesense. No human life is worth a youtube video, no matter what. Freedom of expression allows us to mock religion any way we see fit. Plus, religions don't really deserve respect: Judaism, Christianity and now Islam, all of them have blood on their gods' hands and atrocities committed in the name of those gods. Why should we have any respect for gods that allow atrocities being committed in their names? How is that free will? What about the free will of those who got lynched?
People need to realise that organised religions are the real evil...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
The Voice of America, has a transcript here: www.voanews.com...]

From your source -

A man who says he was behind the private film sparking demonstrations in the Muslim world is criticizing the protesters.

In an interview with U.S.-government-funded Radio Sawa, the alleged director of the film says his fellow Arabs "have to learn demonstrate peacefully against the issues on which we disagree." He says any allegation the United States government was involved in the making of the movie is "funny and ridiculous" and that "America has nothing to do with the film."

Sounds reasonable to me.
Why should he have 'regrets'?
He gave his opinion. It's the rioters that are out killing people.
Blame the rioters for the riots. Give the film maker the credit/blame for just the film.

The thing is .. if those rioting muslims had just IGNORED the film, no one would have seen it and it would have faded away. But as it is .. because of THEIR actions, people are dead and there is property destruction AND more people have seen the film. THEY made it popular to view on the internet. If they had just 'lived and let live' .. no one would have cared about the film at all.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Or.. how about the people that choose out of their own free will to behave like savages in the name of their religion be killed - or at the very least imprisoned - for what they've done?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Ah, but we know and he knew how Islam "feels" about ANYONE that desecrates their religion. He also "knew" what they would, and how they would react to it, if "someone" or "something" pushed his agenda, of hate.

The most ironic thing is this. These extremists, will use ANYTHING to get their motives, made. Getting the average person of faith, to compromise their own personal peace, and incite bloodshed. This is the way of Hypocrites, who say they want a World of Peace, and a World of one religion, one faith. Its a dual process of hypocrisy. Hate all the way around. Incite violence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join