It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Taboo for One is the Norm for Others

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

All earthly possesion is seen to be illusionary when the real has been discovered. The real is what sees and knows the illusion.
The illusion is passing but the real will never pass.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

1) To get this, you need to think dimensionally. Examine this from the aspect of a mirror. When you look in a mirror, you see the opposite view of yourself. You are aware that you are the one casting the image and the reflection of you IS the image. Simply ask yourself a few questions. The answers will help you see the two sides of the mirror.

Genesis 1:27

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

Where did God place mankind? Inside an image. Who is man? The image of God Himself. For what reason?

2) The soverign will of man was a gift from God. Notice that a gift must first be earned from suffering, then given away. The person receiving the gift did not earn it, yet receives it gladly. Suffering for the gift was not earned by the one receiving, yet the gift can then be sent forward to others. This makes the reciever able to then give something by suffering its loss or keep it for himself. The example in the reflection from God is to give the gift away to others. You now have two dimensions of the image. The will to give and receive over the will to take and keep. The will to take makes us a thief, thus the two thievs on the cross. One repents and the other denies the gift. In the center, you have Christ, the neutral giving the gift.

3) Hydrogenesis. Hydrogen is what comprises water and water puts out fire. It's an opposite reflection of the other. Hydrogen has one electron and one proton, but no neutron. Once hydrogen bonds are formed and elements created, each element has a neutron in the middle. The Neutron and Proton work in combination with the electron moving in around their reflection. There are four properties of matter that produce the world around us: Cohesion, Adhesion, Attraction and Repulsion. Each of these provide further directions for the image to move in time, space, matter and energy as the mechanism to express soverign will. God also has the will to give and receive, yet we also have the will to take. What God is trying to do is show us how to deny the will to take. Giving the gift of Himself in the image, offered up to death for our good, is the central archetype for the entire process. It is the ROOT symbolism for the verses below. God gives Himself to create the entire universe.

Genesis 1:1-3

In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

4) Consider the next image of the two temples. The body is one temple (Kingdom of God) and the Earth is another (Egypt). God calls us out of Egypt and into the inner room of the true temple. When God said, "Jacob have I loved and Esau have I hated," he is referring to the two temples. The builders that reject the Chief Cornerstone are all those who use the mind to build a world outside, but fail to recognize the Cornerstone of the actual Temple. The body is the Temple for the reflection of the Image of God. The Soul is our own temple that must find union in love with God, the Spirit given to man in the image. Once the two become one, the Spirit then transposes the mortal coil from the image to the face of God. We will know as we are already known. God sees from one side of the image toward us, and also sees back from our side from His Spirit within. We only see the image, but have the ability to seek and see the image of God as well. This image is hidden to those who do not reach out their hands to God.

Esau makes the thread that runs from Nimrod (Osiris) to Mystery School Babylon today. I add the word school since Esau represents the Mystery School that rejects God for the temple of man on Earth. When Nimrod was cut and the tower fell at Babel, the languages then extend to the rest of the reflections of religion around the world. They ALL describe the same Mystery.

DID YOU HEAR THAT? They all describe the SAME Mystery. This is why you recognize the central reflection in all of them. Jocob was loved by God. This means HE was preserved. His thread of truth extends to one central location. The Bible and Jesus.

You knew it all along. Don't be confused by other stories that are merely images of the real thing.

When you wake in Heaven, you are seeing what cast the reflection. YOU! You are not God. You are the image saved from the reflection of WORD. Word is information.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

A divine hologram is the best way to describe an image of light and energy with Word. Christ is the Living word, the living water and the source of life in the light.

1 Corinthians 13:12

For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Acts 17

24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.

He was not named in the show, but the man in black was Esau. All 100+ episodes was a retelling of our journey on the Island (Temple called Earth).

edit on 15-9-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas
The professor of my religions class asked a very interesting question regarding Hinduism and Abrahamic religions:

Why is it taboo in one religion to worship images of the sacred and the norm in others? Who's right and who's wrong? Is anyone right? Is anyone wrong?

So here are the questions being asked:

Why is it taboo in one religion to worship images of the sacred and the norm in others? Who's right and who's wrong? Is anyone right? Is anyone wrong?

edit on 15-9-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

The one common thing is the Golden Rule. Love thy neighbor as thyself. That is the fundamental understanding among religions. Let's discuss what is taboo, murder is taboo and yet murder occurs among all people. Thou shalt not kill is a commandment from Yaweh, so that indicates to me the concept of murder must have existed before Moses. You might ask, as atheists often do, why need a God to tell me not to kill?

If we look into the root causes of what is defined as taboos, then we might get a more clearer understanding of why such things are taboo. You use the example of idols, that is a fair subject.

When the Hebrews were in Egypt they were surrounded by the many gods and idols. The pharaohs became gods, thus idols and therefore considered semi-divine and even divine beings. That instituted a worship of another human being. If a human being is worshiped, then how does that answer for the moral codes already established? Did they codify any more divine commandments or did they simply revel in the worship? Elvis Presley is considered a semi-divine king to all those who flock to Graceland. If you have not seen this, I am telling you there are people who do worship Elvis. But when he became semi-divine, he became that with his own moral worldview in place.

Idols of gods in Canaan, Sidon and other such places the Hebrews went into, those gods were attributed with certain moral codes, some of those codes included murder of enemies, adultery, theft and everything humans can think of to harm and destroy others. So when you see the image of Molech, you know it is a god that eats children. In the viewing and worship of an idol, you are showing reverence for their morality or immorality and in essence agree with it and attempt to emulate it. This is why it is taboo for Judaism, they understand that these idols carry with them the worldviews of the makers of the idols. People get tattoos for the same reason, and for that reason it is also taboo. They carry a representation of a worldview of the person.

If you say kali merely represents death and all people are going to die, then be in comfort through looking at kali, who was it that taught kali is death? Was it not the person who created the idol in the first place? So kali is merely a statement by the idol maker and not kali.

This is why it is taboo, it does not carry any divine command or worldview, only that of the person who made the idol. For me to look at an idol, even the Statue of Liberty, I am looking at what the maker of that idol wants me to see, and that is their worldview. There is nothing divine in idols.

I hope that answers your question.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
If you worship an idol you will suffer.
Have no 'other' is the golden rule.
Find the one that is not percievable, the un-namable.
You will know it when you find it because you will not beable put it into words or symbols.
IT cannot be made into anything because it is what makes everything.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
If you worship an idol you will suffer.
Have no 'other' is the golden rule.
Find the one that is not percievable, the un-namable.
You will know it when you find it because you will not beable put it into words or symbols.
IT cannot be made into anything because it is what makes everything.

The Holy Spirit.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Do you know where is it and when will it be found?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Why is it taboo in one religion to worship images of the sacred and the norm in others? It all depends on the culture and what they are raised to think. In the US, we're raised to eat cows, but in other countries, it's taboo. And when we look at eating dogs, some countries are raised to do that, but in the US, we think it's "taboo". I don't mean to bring eating animals into the discussion, it's just one example of cultural differences (which are also seen in religions around the world) which make actions seem "taboo".

What I find interesting is that people are able to overcome their programming and, with an open mind, can accept behaviors that were once thought of as "taboo".

Who's right and who's wrong? Is anyone right? Is anyone wrong?

There is no right and wrong. Each religion, culture and society determine what is right and wrong for them.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Do you know where is it and when will it be found?

No I don't sorry. Father is constantly sending messages and I wouldn't put a time limit on him.
Just ask with sincerity for guidance

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think you're a little mistaken.
Christians worship idols all of the time.
They have statues of Jesus that they pray to. They have their cross.

Christians are a bunch that like to say one thing, and do another.
Don't judge. Judge everyone.
Love everyone. Hate everyone that doesn't agree with you.
Don't worship idols. Worship a cross.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

So you must be doubly pissed off at muslims for worshipping a man named muhammed?
Of course not.
Your strip is showing brotha

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

I am a Christian and have no statue of Jesus and I do not worship the cross. I think you have Christians and Catholics mixed up.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Isn't it a customary action to once offer up an earthly posession to the inner shrine in Hinduism?
Sort of like how muslims make haajj?

Hinduism is not a monolithic religion... In the sense, there are various sects and schools of thought in hinduism.

IMO the word "Hinduism", at least these days, is more of an ethnic identity than a religion that is consciously practiced. From what I see everyday, most people who identify themselves as "hindu" don't really live their lives by the norms of hinduism. Though they are somewhat aware of hindu mythology and legends, they are more "secular" in their every day lives.

Unlike Christians and muslims who refer to their scriptures and live their life by it, hindus don't really derive their worldview from their scriptures. IMO hindus perfectly seperate their religious beliefs from secular matters. One example is that hindus take the theory of evolution as legitimate science. In all my life, I have never seen one hindu deny evolution because it contradicts their belief system. Hinduism makes room for both religion and secular P.O.Vs. This probably makes hinduism one of the more flexible religions.

Of course, all this is what I've observed in urban areas. In rural areas, hindus are way more conservative and live within the framework of religious hinduism.

edit on 15-9-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

I think all religious people seek a power greater and bigger than they are, an Avatar, if you will. Spiritualists seek a Spirit higher than they, I think this is bred into humanity. As a Seeker, and Wiccan, I do things which would be considered taboo to a Christian, or even a Muslim, things such a the practice and Art of Magick, and the study of all things Occult.

Having images and statues of their gods and goddesses is a form of worship for the Hindus whereas not worshiping images of things in Heaven is a form of worship/reverence to God in the Abrahamic theological theories.

Having a favorite image of a Deity in one's home, or garden is an Ancient practice, going back thousands of years.

Even Muslims have an Avatar, they see it as a physical thing, a book. Sadly, some Christians also place all trust in a book, neither realizing, or just plain being in denial, that the books were authored and written by Human Beings, Men. It has been said that if God did not exist, it would be quite necessary to invent him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join