It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Embassy Calls Out Muslim Brotherhood Over Twitter feed differences about the Embassy protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
From the source

The U.S. embassy in Cairo called out the Muslim Brotherhood on Twitter over differences between English and Arabic tweets about violent protests against an anti-Islamic video.

The Muslim Brotherhood’s official English-language Twitter account @Ikwanweb reposted a message from the group’s deputy head, Khairat El-Shater, saying he was “relieved none of @USembassycairo staff was hurt” and expressing his desire that relations withstand the “turbulence” of events.

The U.S. Embassy in Cairo wrote back: “Thanks. By the way, have you checked out your own Arabic feeds? I hope you know we read those too,” referring to the contradiction between the Brotherhood’s Arabic and English postings.

Apparently, the English and Arabic twitter feeds were totally different. This is one quote from the Arabic feed:

The Brotherhood’s Arabic feed included messages that praised the protests, such as “Egyptians revolt for the Prophet’s victory in front of U.S. embassy.”

What do you think about this?
Hacked twitter account?
Or are they seriously thinking the US doesn´t read their arabic twitter feed?

Mods, I searched for it using the search function but nothing came up similar to this. If this has been posted, just delete

edit on 15-9-2012 by StareDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Very much doubt it's a hacked twitter account. What was allegedly said sounds perfectly in line with what I'd expect them to say. It is, after all, what the moderate protesters are saying too. Note the careful wording, not to include praise for any death. Victory for the prophet in front of the US embassy.

Are people really so eager to find no fault in the people rioting and killing? And so easily led to believe that everything has to be something else? Hacked accounts, psyops, false flags...

Surely it's not that far fetched that yes, these guys are full of hate. ??

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
There is a post in the comment function:

Since when respectable news organization like Bloomberg publishes information without verifying it? The actual tweet can be found here: ikhwantawa... and a translation from a native Egyptian speaker came to: "Egyptians are rising up to support the Prophet in front of the American Embassy" which is quite different from "Egyptians revolt for the Prophet’s victory in front of U.S. embassy.”

I´m not the english grammar queen, is there really so much difference in between this translations??
Also, I can´t verify this information, maybe some arabic speaking ATS members can check their channel. The link is in the quote above.
edit on 15-9-2012 by StareDad because: Cannot get the link in the quote to work

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by StareDad

That's what google translate says it says.. but it's the same general message. Both suck.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Who cares about twitter feed. Unreliable source of info in my opinion when it suppose to represent a large organization. It takes just one person to write a message and I may not represent the actually beliefs of the whole group.

Disinformation is not only perpetrated by the US

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Hello first post (skipping the intro...longtime reader etc)

Not a suprise really, remember the Muslim Brotherhood saying they wouldnt join the elections after the fall of Mubarak? Yeah.....right.

Today a popular dutch blog posted the following article: www.geenstijl.nl...

It's about a goverment funded foundation for islamic women named "Cleopatra" calling for protests on Facebook against the US in Amsterdam.

link to facebook: www.facebook.com...

Stuff written in dutch: call for protest against the film, they promise it will be peaceful etc

Stuff written in arabic: some ranting about how we are pigs and monkeys etc.

bottomline: do NOT trust muslims!! (or religious fruitcakes in general)

ps I have a question for muslims/islam-experts that might be reading here:

Can you name several big/mainstream islamic organizations that are openly AGAINST jihad and AGAINST Sharia and AGAINST Islamofascism??

Please enlighten me....

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BaneOfQuo

Well, isn´t the feed from official sources? Or did I read something different then you?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by StareDad
Apparently, the English and Arabic twitter feeds were totally different.

NOT SURPRISED!

Of course they'll be different. The Muslim Brotherhood is NOT a friend to the USA. No matter how much Obama coddles them. No matter what the Muslim Brotherhood or the Obama Administration says, the truth is that the Muslim Brotherhood LIES and it is VIOLENT.

The Obama foreign policy of 'appease and apologize' just emboldens this kind of thing.
They look like idiots, both to us and to the Muslim Brotherhood.
So naturally the Muslim Brotherhood will take advantage of the situation to further it's
global dominating agenda.

edit on 9/15/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
When will you people get it through your thick heads?
EVERBODY LIES!
Yes Everybody...........even the righteous US gov boys tell em......
The painful truth is we are manipulated through deception......
The Brotherhood can hardly tell its radical elements to tone it down right now...they are a weak and unstable goverment.
The idea that they would say two differing things on Twitter is absolutely reasonable and normal....we do the same #.
If you keep taking all this stuff as gospel you are sure to wind up a pawn for the PTB.
We have to start believeing in our fellow men, not goverments......

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by StareDad
Apparently, the English and Arabic twitter feeds were totally different.

NOT SURPRISED!

Of course they'll be different. The Muslim Brotherhood is NOT a friend to the USA. No matter how much Obama coddles them. No matter what the Muslim Brotherhood or the Obama Administration says, the truth is that the Muslim Brotherhood LIES and it is VIOLENT.

The Obama foreign policy of 'appease and apologize' just emboldens this kind of thing.
They look like idiots, both to us and to the Muslim Brotherhood.
So naturally the Muslim Brotherhood will take advantage of the situation to further it's
global dominating agenda.

edit on 9/15/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

You hit the nail on the head Flyerfan.....

What I find so amazing is how easily the US government is played by group for funding, weapons and support. I find it amazing that the government doesn't realize why monarchs and despots in the Middle East rule the way they do.....

I see a large block of Islamic states that side with Iran when they are attacked in the coming months.

I understand what and why this administration acts but I (like you) believe that comprise with Islamists hows weakness....

We have to do a "Pork Chop Hill" action where then they will know and understand our resolve is but I fear that because this is a religious war I see only death as a way to stop their aggression.
edit on 16-9-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: syntax

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Of course they did it on purpose. They see no moral or ethical or religious problem with saying one thing and doing another. Or saying one thing to one group, and something completely different to another. They have an agenda, and these two different messages are just proof of that agenda.

I am so sick of the Muslim apologists trying to make it out like what they are doing, which is not only invading a sovereign nation, ie an embassy, but killing diplomats and other people, is justified by any means. There is no excuse for that. I don't care what some video says or shows. That is the weakest excuse ever. These ignorant Muslims who support this type of behavior need to get over themselves and realize that the whole world isn't going to pander to their outdated belief system.

But therein lies the problem. They think the Quran tells them it is okay to go around raping, killing, and pillaging those who aren't Muslim, because they are not people of any worth. But they kill each other too, and after all of this, all I can conclude is that they are barbaric, mindless, and a scourge that will continue to hold humanity back if they are allowed to. People can sit there and say that it is not all Muslims, but if their doctrine supports or even allows this type of behavior, then yes, it IS all Muslims.
edit on 9/16/12 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Welp, guess it's time for the Holy Crusade. War on Islam is becoming a reality. I find it hilarious when Muslims scream the Westerners on launching a Holy Crusade against Islam.

However, starting to think we may actually need one, Islam is becoming what the Bible said they would be, a thorn in the side of the Earth and Israel will become a burden to the nations.

new topics

top topics

join