Police use pepper spray on anti-Islamic film protesters in Sydney at the US consulate

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Police use pepper spray on anti-Islamic film protesters in Sydney at the US consulate

www.news.com.au

PROTESTERS have dispersed after a violent anti-US rally spurred by an internet video mocking Islam took over Sydney's CBD today.

As protesters started to leave Hyde Park towards St James station, riot police with batons and shields were waiting for them at the park exit. Protesters began throwing sticks and bottles at the police.

Sydney Riot police, mounted police and uniformed officers pursued protesters down William Street towards Kings Cross as one protester was seen throwing a milk crate at a police car.

The already splintered crowd then broke up further, running through the back streets of Darlinghurst.

A small group collected in a side street, where they were cornered by police who told them to leave the area in separate directions, in groups of three or four.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 15/9/2012 by Dark Ghost because: formatting

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Another display of violent protests has now made its way onto the streets of a major Australian city. Is this backlash from the controversial anti-Islam film, or is it simply the tipping point caused by a variety of issues to do with US/Western policy? Either way, the media is really milking the "Islam vs. The West" topic for all its worth. While the media is definitely taking advantage of the portrayal of Muslims in a negative light, the behaviour demonstrated by the small minority of protesters does not do any favours to Islam's image in the West.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

Additional links:
- Sydney protest erupts over anti-Islam film
- Muslim protesters clash with police in Sydney

edit on 15/9/2012 by Dark Ghost because: formatting

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

This whole situation reeks of stupid. Have you seen that film? It's so dumb and badly made it's almost kind of funny. Noone with half a brain in there head would actually be offended enough to kill people over this thing. It would be the same logic as me saying this: "Today the movie Oh God You Devil (horrible old movie) came on my TV today. I am so offended someone made a comedy about my God! I have to call all of my friends so we can run through the streets yelling, acting like complete morons and attacking muslims, what a GREAT idea." NO, it just doesn't fly with me, noone can be that freaking stupid. That film, it's not a reason, it's an excuse.
edit on 15-9-2012 by billy197300 because: added video
edit on 15-9-2012 by billy197300 because: changed the word ignorant to stupid

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
You know whats easy, pepper spraying people who are acting violent.

You know whats hard, pepper spraying peaceful protesters arm in arm in solidarity.

People need to take a page out of Mahatma Gandhi example, not Muhammad's.

Gandhi shamed a nation, and won his nations freedom, peacefully.

All this violence is playing right into what they want.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

In an ideal world more people would convert to Hinduism and Buddhism

This is not how other religions are taught however

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by penninja
reply to post by benrl

Honestly it doesn't matter the religion, people will use what ever tools are available to accomplish their own ends, this is just an example of an EXCUSE for violence being used.

There was recent violence involving Hinduism riots not to long ago, and Buddhism has had some problems though very rare.

It just seems some religions do encourage violence more than others, but like i said even in the most peaceful religions manipulation and excuses for violence happen (the GUT had a thread about Buddhist and some violence that occurs in Tibet among different sects of Buddhist with their oracles).

If we removed all religion today we would just find something else to fight over, probably being the wrong kind of atheist or something.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

This whole situation reeks of stupid. Have you seen that film? It's so dumb and badly made it's almost kind of funny. Noone with half a brain in there head would actually be offended enough to kill people over this thing.

These are religious fundamentalists, every nation has them. We all have Christian fundamentalists too, they just don't have anything they feel they need to get violent about.

I don't understand the minds of these people either, because I'm not a slave to any religious group. But this is pretty much to be expected considering their beliefs about their prophet. We've all seen the stories about their other rages when people have depicted the prophet in cartoons so this is hardly surprising.

But I agree that this is not the result solely of this film. The protesters in Egypt were mostly young men in their 20's, the same generation who led the revolution and demanded more democratic freedoms. You just need to see the footage and compare those protesters to their devout elders. These kids are wearing jeans and t-shirts, throwing things at the barricades, while elders in traditional dress - ie more fundamental in their beliefs - look on from the sidelines.

I tend to agree that people are using this as an excuse to protest symbols of the west. This is about far more than the video.

But we have to think about education, or lack of it, in these nations too. It might be considered a little idiotic to simply say these people are ignorant. But, if all they've grown up with is religious propaganda, and they possibly couldn't point to Germany on a map, that kind of explains a lot.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

This whole situation reeks of stupid. Have you seen that film? It's so dumb and badly made it's almost kind of funny. Noone with half a brain in there head would actually be offended enough to kill people over this thing.

These are religious fundamentalists, every nation has them. We all have Christian fundamentalists too, they just don't have anything they feel they need to get violent about.

I don't understand the minds of these people either, because I'm not a slave to any religious group. But this is pretty much to be expected considering their beliefs about their prophet. We've all seen the stories about their other rages when people have depicted the prophet in cartoons so this is hardly surprising.

But I agree that this is not the result solely of this film. The protesters in Egypt were mostly young men in their 20's, the same generation who led the revolution and demanded more democratic freedoms. You just need to see the footage and compare those protesters to their devout elders. These kids are wearing jeans and t-shirts, throwing things at the barricades, while elders in traditional dress - ie more fundamental in their beliefs - look on from the sidelines.

I tend to agree that people are using this as an excuse to protest symbols of the west. This is about far more than the video.

But we have to think about education, or lack of it, in these nations too. It might be considered a little idiotic to simply say these people are ignorant. But, if all they've grown up with is religious propaganda, and they possibly couldn't point to Germany on a map, that kind of explains a lot.

OK your right. Edited my comment. Changed the word ignorant to stupid.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Originally posted by penninja
reply to post by benrl

Honestly it doesn't matter the religion, people will use what ever tools are available to accomplish their own ends, this is just an example of an EXCUSE for violence being used.

There was recent violence involving Hinduism riots not to long ago, and Buddhism has had some problems though very rare.

It just seems some religions do encourage violence more than others, but like i said even in the most peaceful religions manipulation and excuses for violence happen (the GUT had a thread about Buddhist and some violence that occurs in Tibet among different sects of Buddhist with their oracles).

If we removed all religion today we would just find something else to fight over, probably being the wrong kind of atheist or something.

There will always be those no good vile people who crack their eggs from the small side instead of the large side I suppose.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

You know whats hard, pepper spraying peaceful protesters arm in arm in solidarity.

Exactly...and what does the west want? To bomb more brown people.....the bigger picture here is staggering...this is the start of the excuse many western governments will use to usher in phase 2 of the NWO.

Watch....it'll happen.....and then they'll bomb some brown people for punishment for rising up....they need Muslims to look like the bad guy, and theyre playing right into the masters hands.

I dont care what religion you are...more power to ya, but stupid is stupid...and I hope many Muslims can see that before America comes their way and attacks them with democracy....and bombs them with freedom..

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Blimey, the description of where this actually took place could have been London (same named streets)....

Apart from that though its getting out of hand.... I'm actually quite stunned to know that there has been no problems here in London.........

YET.

Anyway these Radicals, Fundamentalists, Fanatics all need to go to one Country where Sharia is the Law and leave the rest of us in Peace!!
edit on 15-9-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I would have used hollow point bullets on them! These Sharia law following scum need to be exterminated from the gene pool sharpish! There religious intolerance has been infecting the Muslim nations of this Earth for far to long now, time to die me thinks, and fast!

There profit Muhammad(Peace be upon him) is on the record as a wife beating pedophile, thats a fact! He likes 9 year old girls(Married one) and beats women for going out alone(favorite wife). There religion requires the destruction of all nonbelievers, infidels in there eyes, of every other religious body on the globe!

edit on 15-9-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Noone with half a brain in there head would actually be offended enough to kill people over this thing

You underestimate the stupidity of religious people - particularly Muslim extremist.

They barely have half a brain between them all...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere

Exactly...and what does the west want? To bomb more brown people.....the bigger picture here is staggering...this is the start of the excuse many western governments will use to usher in phase 2 of the NWO.

Watch....it'll happen.....and then they'll bomb some brown people for punishment for rising up....they need Muslims to look like the bad guy, and theyre playing right into the masters hands.

I dont care what religion you are...more power to ya, but stupid is stupid...and I hope many Muslims can see that before America comes their way and attacks them with democracy....and bombs them with freedom..

skin colour has nothing to do with, if someone is that retarted or backward thinking in thier religous ideaology that they can walk around with a placard stating "behead all those who insult the prophet" well you can welcome them into your neighbourhood and explain the 2nd phase plan of the NWO to them , just dont insult the prophet.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

This whole situation reeks of stupid.

I agree. Absolute stupidity. And the protesters are proving the makers of the movie correct. Instead, if they had acted civilized, they would have proven the makers wrong. Australia .. you must be soooooooo proud to have these yutz's in your country.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So NOT proud to have these radicals people here. I wish all extremists and dangerous religious zealots would just bugger off and leave the rest of us to get on with it...in peace.

So NOT proud of an Australian government (Liberals & Labor) with no balls who have made our country into a huge doormat by trying to be friendly to everyone on the planet

res
edit on 15-9-2012 by resistancia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Careful, there are plenty of moderate muslims protesting. They don't see this as an attack on extremism, they see it as an attack on their entire religion. You're saying here, that nothing the moderates say matters.

Don't know how they'll go for that.

I don't understand the minds of these people either, because I'm not a slave to any religious group.

More insults. You just called all muslims slaves. They might have a different opinion. Might even take offence. Might even get violent at such accusations. Surely you didn't mean this? "Slave to religion" ?

But this is pretty much to be expected considering their beliefs about their prophet. We've all seen the stories about their other rages when people have depicted the prophet in cartoons so this is hardly surprising.

How can you say that. To infer that you expect muslims to become violent and extreme because you've seen in the past how they react to slights against their prophet! You're lumping them all in the one basket!

But I agree that this is not the result solely of this film. The protesters in Egypt were mostly young men in their 20's, the same generation who led the revolution and demanded more democratic freedoms.

"If your freedom of speech insults our prophet, then your freedom and democracy can be damned."

You just need to see the footage and compare those protesters to their devout elders. These kids are wearing jeans and t-shirts, throwing things at the barricades, while elders in traditional dress - ie more fundamental in their beliefs - look on from the sidelines.

Secreting words of wisdom. If these elders are there, who invited them, when it was a mass sms text message calling on all muslims there to "uphold the honour of Mohammod."

yep.

These nations? "Australia" is not some backward sand dune with a flyblown well and a single tin hut, a few camels, one can of fosters, and a dingo named red.

I heard one of these idiots on the news say "Yeah but we're a decromatic country, you cant insult us like this!"

Decromatic.

I poopoo you not.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

This is a big agenda, globally, you can pretty much see what is all about, this groups of radicals already embedded within countries that are not Arabs are obviously testing their power.

The governments of the countries that this is now spreading too, should take a good track of this people, because they are not regular residents looking for a better way of life, they are radical, fundamentalist and terrorist.

Here in the US so far you would not see this crap because here they will be tagged.

People in Australia should start monitoring this fundamentalist radical and clean their nation of them.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

just thought i would add a video, you can see the police using pepper spray.
also the telegraph splice in footage of other protests in another country 50 seconds in.
edit on 15-9-2012 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics
top topics

join