It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military Power makes WWIII unrealistic.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

link   

link   

link   

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

link   

link   

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by devilcharmer

What a douche thing to do to this thread.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

OC...although this was your reply to the other person...I would like to add something. The Breakthrough with the FEL has just happened very recently....7 years from conception....1 year on the Drawing Board...1 Year of Testing....!8 Months of Building a Land Based Nuclear Powered FEL that worked so well...a second land Based FEL was built and although these were supposed to be for experimentation for Tracking and there was a Hold Up when a Conventional Style Laser Reflection Mirror placed on a Satellite and first time the FEL shot a Beam at it to reflect the beam for over the horizon targeting...the FEL Beam VAPORIZED THE MIRROR!

In quite possibly the shortest time in HISTORY...a different form of Reflection Tech. was placed aboard a Far Earth Satellite and launched into orbit. The New Reflection system worked better than expected and it has been called a VERY LUCKY FLUKE! It is not a Mirror but whispers state it looks more like the EYE OF A DRAGON FLY. This allows for return of MULTIPLE SPLIT BEAMS and supposedly each Micro-Eye within the Multiple Eye can be turned, swiveled, extended and even flexed. This would allow for a Single FEL BEAM to return to MULTIPLE TARGETS at the Speed of Light and this makes the Reflection Tech. capable of Vaporizing many SMALL TARGETS such as a group of Taliban numbering 50 to 100 dug in on a Mountain Side attacking our Troops. IR-DETECTION verified by anything from a F-15 to a Humvee with a GPS IR-DETECTOR or a Satellite.

www.wired.com...

I don't think the FEL is as advanced as SplitInfinity thinks it is, but it is a priority of the Navy.

Still in a high-intensity conflict against a technologically sophisticated adversary, all naval surface fleets have a lifetime of hours to days against submarines and aircraft. There will be many very expensive and sunk nuclear reactors.

25 year old torpedo technology is plenty good.
edit on 26-9-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

Much of the new stealthy laser equipped Naval warship information can be read in the latest popular mechanics magazine. SplitInfinity (I am assuming) has already pulled tidbits from the article and posted thus here.

As for the FEL itself, it's not quite that far along, no. It's quick, but not that quick. 1000 targets within a time frame of a minute would most certainly slip by. While targeting isn't so much of an issue, rotation (mechanical) always has been if the targets are arrayed from horizon to horizon. Not to mention the power draw every time it's fired. Secondly, while perhaps 70% of the ship's available power is not used while cruising, during FEL operation things are vastly different. Destruction of a target is not at all immediate in all cases. It can take many seconds depending on it's intended target. During this time enemy missiles are drawing nearer and nearer. And finally, while the capability is there to split a beam, each beam is not singularly directed. Especially not at the same time. Perhaps in the somewhat near future but not right now.

It's effectiveness under water isn't even debatable, as the above poster subtly points out.
"D*mn the torpedos" carries an altogether new meaning with it in these scenarios.
edit on 26-9-2012 by SoulVisions because: Devilcharmer, why are you such an arse? Just to up your count? I hope your posts are deleted.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Yeah..'they'have found a replacement for conquering the world...Infiltrating nations, governments and work their way from the inside out. Remember 11 september 1991...the notorious NWO speech by Mr Bush Sr?

Once again for the people who have never heared that speech..I mind you...he uses the word 'we'. So, it is not just an idea he dreamed up but a carefully orgestrated strategy designed by a group of people. (just look at him..isnt it scary how he delivers the message?).

edit on 26/9/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Sorry, mysterious double post....

edit on 26/9/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

I can understand why you would think that the TIME from Detection to Sending an Algorithmic Encrypted Signal that would then Activate a Networked Super Computing Target and Acquisition System which not only has to prioritize Targets but calculate Beam Strength and Duration as well as if it is an Over the Horizon Shot or Multiple Shots...the Reflection Satellite with Hundreds of independent EYES would have to be properly turned and angled as well as the over all system dealing with changing Velocities and Altitudes of Targets...all seems like this would take quite some time. IT DOES NOT!

These are the reasons. Target and Acquisitioning are ALWAYS ACTIVE from Multiple Aspects. The FEL Refection Satellite System is a REFLECTION SYSTEM ONLY....but is tied it to every aspect of U.S. Detection on the PLANET as well as in SPACE OR AT SEA! The System has Multiple Redundancy Calculation abilities.

Say if a Carrier Killer Missile were Launched at a distance of 500 Miles from a FEL Carrier Group that being One FEL on the Carrier and One on the Aegis Class Cruiser. At 500 Miles the system could use either a Satellite or wait for the Missile to Close and take a direct shot.

In either case...all U.S. Detection Capabilities are Tracking and at the very least...5 possible attempts at downing the Missile will be calculated. To this date...the FEL has NEVER MISSED ON A FIRST ATTEMPT except when it Vaporized the First Satellite Mirror Reflectors.

Humans are not within the systems loop other than to able to override the system or if the Super Computing Targeting System were to fail...a secondary and third system are available for replacement. Since we are talking about a Laser...there will be MORE THAN ENOUGH TIME to deal with any issues that may occur.

U.S. Space Command as well as Naval Radar, Ground Based Tracking and Fairly New Gamma Ray, X-Ray, Neutron Decay Detectors all integrated with AWACS...J-STARS and YOU NAME IT...will give the FEL System more that enough time to allow for TARGETING!

When PUTIN was BITCHING about a few Ground Based SM-3's of the old Solid Fuel Variety being based in POLAND and we decided not to base these Primitive ABM's on Land....PUTIN considered it a Political Win. Never did he think that we had already developed a Long Burn and Super Fast SM-3 that we soon tested to Blow Up a Failing Satellite going about 18,000 MPH at ORBITAL DISTANCE. THIS WAS YEARS AGO! For those who think that the U.S. Navy is going to install Half Ass FEL's on SUPER CARRIERS...is in for a surprise!
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

There have been only TWO U.S. PRESIDENTS SINCE IKE...that knew the Big Picture of what was going on as far as World Events and E.T.

Those TWO PRESIDENTS WERE GEORGE BUSH SR. AND RONALD REAGAN...and NOT IN THAT ORDER...as Bush Sr. had great admiration for Reagan and as Vice President he informed Reagan of what was REALLY GOING ON! This of course led to the famous Reagan U.N. Speech.

Truman was the very Fist to be aware but he put IKE in charge of developing an "AGENCY" and PROTOCOLS.

NIXON was not allowed access and this led to Nixon's famous Paranoia of how THEY WERE OUT TO GET HIM! Which knowing how Nixon would not allow something like this to ly...HE WAS PROBABLY RIGHT! CARTER actually told the U.S. Public he had seen a UFO and one of his Promises was to FORCE DISCLOSURE...that went NOWHERE! President Gerald R. Ford although not considered the Brightest Bulb in the Bunch...REFUSED KNOWLEDGE...as the CIA was under siege after WATERGATE and some people who were placed in temp. Power were attempting to let the Cat out of the Bag.

This was eventually controlled by Bush Sr. as the Head of the CIA as well as Alexander Haig...a Man who is more a HERO TO THIS COUNTRY THAN PEOPLE WILL EVER KNOW! CLINTON WAS TOLD NOTHING! And CLINTON DIDN'T CARE! BUSH JR. is known to have some info...but he followed his Dad's advice of PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY. OBAMA is also on a NEED TO KNOW BASIS...as there are a multitude of SECURITY LEVELS ABOVE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. Still...in a state of a TOTAL WAR...the PRESIDENT IS GIVEN ALL OPTIONS AND THESE INCLUDE SECRET ONES!

In the 1950's and 60's the U.S. had made BIO-WEAPONS into an ART FORM. The CDC is STILL one of the most ACTIVE OVERT/COVERT CIVILIAN/MILITARY PROGRAM IN EXISTENCE. Nuclear Weapons the U.S. can easily track and handle but Bio-Weapons are something that any one with a U.S. College Education can be supplied with Terrorist Money to set up Labs that can devise a simple Flu that is transmitted between Birds to Birds or Pigs to Pigs into an Airborne Animal to Human Disease. BILLIONS COULD DIE! The CDC works 24/7 to invent inoculation and vaccines for EVERY POSSIBLE GENETIC MUTATION OR COMBINATION OR PERMUTATION that could possibly exist.

Even though both the U.S. and Russia state they no longer work on Biological Weapons...THEY STILL WORK ON WAYS TO INOCULATE OR VACCINATE THE POPULOUS! Although Russia is no slouch on such areas of Science...it is FAR BEHIND THE CDC...and every effort for both the U.S. and Russia to work together on such issues has been made. What people see in the Media as PUTIN FLEXES MUSCLES THAT ARE NOT THERE is for garnishing VOTES...CHINA must be made to understand that NORTH KOREA IS SCREWING AROUND WITH THINGS IT SHOULD NOT SCREW AROUND WITH!

I talk a lot about the FEL and U.S. Military Power but when it comes to a BIO-WEAPON...besides detonating a NUKE to prevent spreading of the Disease...the U.S. WOULD USE...a TERRIBLE WEAPON. One that is UNIQUELY DESIGNED to handle such an outbreak...THE MIB or MICROWAVE EMITTING BEAM. This Beam has already been demonstrated on TV Specials in a NON-LETHAL FORM OF CROWD CONTROL. A HUMVEE with a DOPPLER LOOKING REVERSE DISH sends out a MICROWAVE BEAM in a wide area...and whom ever this beam hit INSTANTLY RUNS THE OTHER WAY! It makes it feel like you are on FIRE...and it is a very Good and Non-lethal way to disburse a Large Violent Crowd. NOW IMAGINE A NUCLEAR POWERED SOLID STATE VERSION THAT CAN BEAM OVER WIDE AREAS AND LIKE A REAL KITCHEN MICROWAVE...BURST EVERY LIVING CELL EITHER OF A SINGLE CELLED ANIMAL LIKE A BACTERIA...OR AN INFECTED CELL THAT IS TEAMING WITH NON-LIVING VIRAL INFECTIONS...AS A VIRUS IS NOT ALIVE BUT DOES HAVE DNA...the Two Men who won Nobel Prizes in VIROLOGY did so in the CHEMISTRY SECTOR AS A VIRUS IS A GROUP OF DNA SNIPPETS that can only multiply once entering a Living Cell as the Virus confuses the Living cell into believing it is Food or Oxygen...then once inside the Cell...uses the Cells own raw Material to Multiply until the Living Cell BURSTS and this BURSTING ACTION helps propel Viral DNA over distance to help infect new Healthy Cells.

BIO-WEAPONS ARE A BIG PROBLEM and I personally know of a few incidents where Terrorists Using Poor Safety Protocols have ended up killing themselves as well as the people in Villages around them. Containment is NOT SOMETHING I WILL TALK ABOUT! So for those of you who think the U.S. is not all that advanced and I am talking B.S. GOOD! That's the way we want it kept. But CHINA...even though it's own version of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff VISITED THE U.S. and were SHOWN FOR THEIR OWN GOOD as it is important a possible adversary not misjudge a situation and LIVES ARE LOST for NO REASON...just because SOME IDEALISTIC IDIOT...WILL NOT LISTEN TO HIS OWN PEOPLE! Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

One other thing...the FORD CLASS Carrier was to employee TWO A1B FISSION REACTORS. There is now an on going debate whether or not this will allow for enough power to properly power the FEL. There is another New Design which would provide Greater Power but much money has already been invested in the duel A1B system and the duel A1B's have been proven to be HIGHLY RELIABLE. Still there is another option.

The U.S. Military could release the FORD CLASS with 3 Reactors...2 A1B's and One Low Temp. Very Small but producing 7 Times the power of a single A1B Reactor...LOW TEMP. MICRO-FUSION ENERGY GENERATION REACTORS. At a time of Energy Prices hurting the Economy...the OVERT RELEASE of the tech. would create a PUBLIC OUTCRY...and rightly so.

This single Fusion Reactor would be used exclusively for the FEL...and this would enable Beam Temps at about Solar Core Temps. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Hm, some interesting stuff here. I just had a few questions/comments/concerns here and there:

IWORLD WIDE, NSA Super Computers...ie...EPSILON...with the ability to intercept and record EVERY ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION ON EARTH, A COVERT ELECTRONIC WARFARE AND COMPUTER HACKING WARFARE BUDGET that is larger than the GNP of a European Country, The current QUANTUM COMPUTER PROJECT which is whispered to have been successful and numerous other programs.

Are you talking about ECHELON? That's multinational (Australia, UK, New Zealand and Canada are all involved). Which brings an interesting point up-- World War III isn't likely to happen (anytime soon, anyway), not because of any one nation being super advanced, but because most of the really really advanced nations are allied and unless something crazy happens, they're unlikely to forge new alliances and/or become enemies of one another.

The QUANTUM COMPUTER PROJECT...if completed or when completed...will give the U.S. Military the ability to DECODE or CRACK other Countries Guidance Systems even if they are using a Changing Algorithmic Encryption Signal or any standard 40 bit, 128 bit, 256 bit, 1024 bit, 1039 bit and higher...but it is the ALGORITHMIC ENCRYPTION that countries such as the U.S., Russia and even China to an extent that a QUANTUM COMPUTER COULD BREAK in a matter of seconds. This ability allows for an Electronic Warfare Aircraft to SHUT DOWN MISSILE GUIDANCE as well as HACK A COUNTRIES MAIN FRAME MILITARY COMPUTERS at ease.

This should be noted...and I know this as a FACT. The U.S. Military has the ability to make it's Military Main Frames UNHACKABLE.

Quantum computing is probably marginally more advanced in the UK or Australia-- a research team lead by engineers from the later country figured out a way to make manufacturing qubits possible. www.theaustralian.com.au... fn4htb9o-1226477592578

I have no knowledge of missile guidance systems, but I would assume they operate similar to drone navigation systems which are already fairly cheap and easy to hack by spoofing GPS. As for hacking other nations' computer systems, I would imagine most countries implement security protocols similar to the unhackable US with SIPRNet, and for those important systems that can't be compartmentalized, most nations are surely investing heavily in researching quantum cryptography.

TTargeting and Tracking and any Defensive/ Offensive Systems such as the FEL and MEB...which U.S. SPACE COMMAND has designed Protocols of which Space Command to FEL and MEB Satellite Communication is performed in a Multiple Redundancy Fashion as well as has Protocols to VAPORIZE any target within any distance considered to be a danger as these Satellites are NOT NEAR EARTH SATELLITES....

I can't find anything about FEL or MEB weapons that says they are already capable of being retargeted and manipulated via satellite reflectors. I'm, again, out of my depth as particle physics and/or optics sound like Greek to me, lol. But couldn't other nations simply fortify likely targets with similar reflectors? It would be expensive,but it would make launching an attack against any high value target a real risk (since the reflected beam could hit the now slightly disaligned satellite and damage or destroy it).

But overall, I think the biggest deterrent to WWIII is much simpler than military prowess of any one nation. After all, as I said before, the US is allied with most every nation that would have a shot at taking it down. In WWII the US faced legitimate threats from Japan and Germany (though Germany of course was mostly concerned with its European neighbors) but now the only advanced nations that would ever really want to go to war with the US would be Russia and China. And the US has basically everyone else in their pocket or, at the very least, other nations won't step in. Maybe the US' advanced tech is part of the reason they have so many allies, but if war broke out I don't think we've seen even 25% of what other nations have to offer either, and if the US went up against other first world nations filled to the brim with just as talented engineers, programmers and scientists I have little doubt it'd be in trouble if only because reverse engineering a technology is easier than starting from scratch.

I shudder to think of how destructive a war with such advanced weapons would leave the Earth...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join