U.S. Military Power makes WWIII unrealistic.

page: 6
14
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior
 


Please use paragraphs next time. Now, if they can detonate a nuke directly overhead why wouldnt they juse nuke the target 3 miles down? Your scenario makes no sense. We have advanced defenses in place, the FIRST launch of a nuclear weapon would be met by us turning said nation to glass. We would also almost assuredly destroy their nukes before they got anywhere close to their target.

Why would an Abrams crewman be given classes about nuclear deterrents? How many classes did you take on the invasion of Canada? How about the invasion of England? Well if you didn't take the class I suppose the plans don't exist ...




posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 

OC...although this was your reply to the other person...I would like to add something. The Breakthrough with the FEL has just happened very recently....7 years from conception....1 year on the Drawing Board...1 Year of Testing....!8 Months of Building a Land Based Nuclear Powered FEL that worked so well...a second land Based FEL was built and although these were supposed to be for experimentation for Tracking and there was a Hold Up when a Conventional Style Laser Reflection Mirror placed on a Satellite and first time the FEL shot a Beam at it to reflect the beam for over the horizon targeting...the FEL Beam VAPORIZED THE MIRROR!

In quite possibly the shortest time in HISTORY...a different form of Reflection Tech. was placed aboard a Far Earth Satellite and launched into orbit. The New Reflection system worked better than expected and it has been called a VERY LUCKY FLUKE! It is not a Mirror but whispers state it looks more like the EYE OF A DRAGON FLY. This allows for return of MULTIPLE SPLIT BEAMS and supposedly each Micro-Eye within the Multiple Eye can be turned, swiveled, extended and even flexed. This would allow for a Single FEL BEAM to return to MULTIPLE TARGETS at the Speed of Light and this makes the Reflection Tech. capable of Vaporizing many SMALL TARGETS such as a group of Taliban numbering 50 to 100 dug in on a Mountain Side attacking our Troops. IR-DETECTION verified by anything from a F-15 to a Humvee with a GPS IR-DETECTOR or a Satellite.

As far as in coming ICBM's even a SINGLE FEL could EASILY fire Three Second Bursts Multiple Times split...and this is a GUESS....perhaps 10 times....would be enough Energy and Heat to Vaporize the ACTUAL WARHEADS in a MIRVED MISSILE. Three Seconds would be enough time but if they were to actually use the Micro-Fusion Generator...this would provide 7 Times the Power of the New A1B Reactor and a single FEL...being SOLID STATE AND ELECTRIC could pulse for perhaps less than a second and move on to 10 other Warheads.

This is what is so impressive about the FEL...it was not designed to shoot down Missiles...It was designed to VAPORIZE WARHEADS! Heat and Time Calculations for Vaporizing Plutonium or Uranium were done using the A1B Reactor. This Temp. is Hotter than the SURFACE OF THE SUN! If they use the Micro-Fusion Reactor with 7 Times the Power Generated...FEL BEAM TEMPS. would be considerably HOTTER! Such Temps. would allow not only less time for the Beam to remain on Target but also allow for a Single Full Power Beam Strike that is not Wide Field....to create a Super Heated Atmospheric SHOCK WAVE that...in the same way a Lightning Bolt is also Hotter than the Surface of the Sun and creates a Thunder Burst Shock Wave...an FEL Beam that is perhaps the Temp of the Suns CORE...may create a SHOCK WAVE OF DEVASTATING CAPABILITIES!

Split Infinity



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity
 


Also to add, the ability to reflect the laser allows it to be used on ground installations as well as troops, if it does indeed work as well as they hope.



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by SplitInfinity
 


Also to add, the ability to reflect the laser allows it to be used on ground installations as well as troops, if it does indeed work as well as they hope.


Yes...it will be able to Vaporize Land and Sea Targets. It should also be able to Target and Destroy Subs as deep as any Sub can dive as the FEL should be able to strike the Deepest Part of the Oceans Floor.

The MEB is also a very secret and very capable weapon of which there is not much to find out about.
Split Infinity



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity
 


Does the Free Electron Laser have any color to it, or is it invisible?



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Oh noes!~ Not the sushi bomb!


"GBU-hello kitty" furry bomb



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GarrusVasNormandy
I disagree with a lot of things being said in this thread. There is no such thing as a "super-weapon" or a weapon that will assure instant or lasting victory. We've seen battles won by those types of weapon, but the World keeps changing.

What the U.S navy is developing, it's also within any other country capability.

And let's not forget that all technology has a weak and vulnerable bone. It's just a matter of finding it. These types of weapon are really neat and cool, until an EMP attack sneaks up on them, and then you just have a big paperweight on your ship, while the opposing force has an old cannon aimed at your ship.

Things aren't that simple.


Actually, there is such a weapon. Many, in fact. My favorite of the bunch shuts down all electronics (as you've said) by drilling into the core and building towers, or launching "stations" via various delivery methods to drop down. LONG story short, what happens is that when set up correctly, using multiple methods to achieve continuity, we're able to bounce the radiation from above through holes in the atmosphere in some locales, in others actually use the atmosphere to bounce back, and then on a general scale use the earth's magnetics in order to act as a carrier for a pulse. Only drawback is that it goes on and on. And on. Everything blacks out. Unless you have a little portable field generator with you, you have no chance of turning anything on while this is running. Call it a weapon of global safety. It hasn't been tested on a large scale though. Satellite interference, radio, mobile phones, airplanes.. it made it very impractical to even begin to deploy. Knocked out a decent area though, so yeah it does work at least. And may yet... but what for? It's the end all system. This country has mad scientists at work around the clock.



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by USN1983
reply to post by SplitInfinity
 


Does the Free Electron Laser have any color to it, or is it invisible?


A FEL can operate in both visible and non visible spectrums, such as IR.



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by USN1983
 

As the only FEL I have ever witnessed both Targeting and Firing upon a Boat rocking at sea....was Non-Nuclear Powered and there was little that could be seen as there is a VIDEO of this event on U-TUBE. I have never seen a Nuclear Powered FEL Beam so I can not tell you. Split Infinity



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Think that FEL could take out +1,000 depleted uranium sub-munitions from 1 warhead coming at it SplitInfinity?


Once the location of the FEL is known....it's going to have ALOT of depleted uranium raining down on that location. If the Russians or Chinese have 1 warhead with +1,000 sub-munitions......that's ALOT of zapping that needs to be done by the FEL. Can she handle the sustained firing without heat build up? That'll be a big challenge for military use, getting rid of the heat on the chips for the next shot.

Also if the atmosphere is radioactive could you even use a FEL? I'm still guessing if they fired the FEL off you'd see a hyper lightning bolt follow its path right to the emitter. Once the atmosphere is even slightly radioactive though, the FEL laser in the UV wavelength would be much more effective than if the atmosphere was clean.

Slightly radioactive atmosphere increases the FEL's effect....too much radiation though and it's trouble for the FEL and who's using it.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Pervius because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Think that FEL could take out +1,000 depleted uranium sub-munitions from 1 warhead coming at it SplitInfinity?


Once the location of the FEL is known....it's going to have ALOT of depleted uranium raining down on that location. If the Russians or Chinese have 1 warhead with +1,000 sub-munitions......that's ALOT of zapping that needs to be done by the FEL. Can she handle the sustained firing without heat build up? That'll be a big challenge for military use, getting rid of the heat on the chips for the next shot.

Also if the atmosphere is radioactive could you even use a FEL? I'm still guessing if they fired the FEL off you'd see a hyper lightning bolt follow its path right to the emitter. Once the atmosphere is even slightly radioactive though, the FEL laser in the UV wavelength would be much more effective than if the atmosphere was clean.

Slightly radioactive atmosphere increases the FEL's effect....too much radiation though and it's trouble for the FEL and who's using it.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Pervius because: (no reason given)


And as soon as they launched 1 nuclear missile they would be vaporized by US nuclear weapons.



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I think that is a big part of the point, no country would be willing to give it a shot....why would you want to try knowing if indeed we had this ability, its over for them. They know its over for them even if we dont have this weapon, which again is the point...Unless we are in an all out no more resources left on the planet type of scenario, its not going to happen in our lifetimes. The only way a nuke will be used is if some rogue nation says F it and just wants to try and take something out before Allah comes to save them. Its not going to end well for them.

So if MAD or this weapon can keep WWIII from happening, Im all for it



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wiz4769
.......The only way a nuke will be used is if some rogue nation says F it and just wants to try and take something out before Allah comes to save them...........



China already told the world America is superior technologically and if China gets attacked they're just going nuclear in self defense.

Nukes are soon going to be used, no if's and's or butt's.

China has to go nuclear, it's the only thing that'll keep the FEL's from working. Make the entire Pacific Ocean have a radioactive cloud over it to keep FEL's from striking their missiles fired in self defense.



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
>>
Nuclear War was never a viable option for the U.S. or Russia and still is not. The Radiation alone would poison the World and the U.S. as well as the then Soviet Union searched for other methods.
>>

You make the mistake that the war mongerers and crazy leaders we see everywhere are RATIONAL.

They are not. Do you think that some backwards country which believes what it reads in a 1000 year old book and gets their ways of life commanded by "preachers" would hesitate to use nukes?



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
These FEL weapons, how would Nikoli Tesla protect you from them?

It's just an energy transmission right? Nikoli Tesla would have his ship also have an FEL laser and he'd have it turned on, one power wire to the ships hull and the other power wire connected to an antenna. Waiting for energy to come.

Somebody else's ship fires an FEL laser at you......your ship receives the energy and fires it back. Sure you would sustain a little damage as the plasma hit your hull and was sucked into your device...but not much.

I wonder if Sandia Labs ever did an experiment to see if they could do this? I know there was a research project to beam energy from a satellite down to Earth......in a very powerful burst. There WAS a receiver to suck up the energy fast enough so no damage was done.



posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Think that FEL could take out +1,000 depleted uranium sub-munitions from 1 warhead coming at it SplitInfinity?


Once the location of the FEL is known....it's going to have ALOT of depleted uranium raining down on that location. If the Russians or Chinese have 1 warhead with +1,000 sub-munitions......that's ALOT of zapping that needs to be done by the FEL. Can she handle the sustained firing without heat build up? That'll be a big challenge for military use, getting rid of the heat on the chips for the next shot.

Also if the atmosphere is radioactive could you even use a FEL? I'm still guessing if they fired the FEL off you'd see a hyper lightning bolt follow its path right to the emitter. Once the atmosphere is even slightly radioactive though, the FEL laser in the UV wavelength would be much more effective than if the atmosphere was clean.

Slightly radioactive atmosphere increases the FEL's effect....too much radiation though and it's trouble for the FEL and who's using it.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

There is an ongoing issue right now about if the two A1B Fission Reactors that will be installed in the Ford Class will be Powerful enough to properly power the FEL. The FEL is a Solid State FREE ELECTRON LASER powered by Electric Power Generation from the Nuclear Reactors. The U.S. Military is considering two other options. Replace the New Design A1B Reactors with a Newer and More Powerful Design...or install two A1B's and also install a Very Secret Low Temp. Micro-Fusion Reactor which is small enough to fit along with the two other Reactors. The Micro-Fusion Reactor generates 7 Times the amount of Power one A1B Fission Reactor does and this Micro Reactor would be used solely for the FEL. The Current Nuclear Powered FEL Beam is Hotter than the Surface of the Sun...the Fusion Powered FEL would obtain Temps. that are comparable to the Solar Core. Such Power would be capable of Vaporizing Uranium or Plutonium to Helium and Hydrogen. As far as Hundreds if not thousands of Multiple Targets incoming...the Fission Powered FEL with it's Networked Super Computing Capabilities...could Split Beam Vaporize all of these targets. Remember...a Split Second is an ETERNITY FOR A NETWORKED BANK OF SUPER COMPUTERS! The FEL can hit targets as small as a 50 Cal round. It would be CHILD'S PLAY for the Two FEL's that will be in every U.S. Carrier Group...one on a Carrier and One on every Aegis Cruiser. The calculations and Tracking of Targets would occur and be Vaporized at such a level of speed...actually...at THE SPEED OF LIGHT...that numbers are NOT AN ISSUE. This is much different than Tracking and Firing a ABM or PHALANX GUN which must take time to allow the Missile or Bullet to Hit the Target. The FEL using Incredible High Speed Super Computing Tracking can Fire the FEL and Split the Beam as many times as necessary. Hundreds of Small Targets could be destroyed in a Micro-Second and more in the next Micro-Second. Split Infinity



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimTSpock
reply to post by 46ACE
 


That's right. Look at Africa, the Middle East. The AK-47 and RPG are the real weapons of mass destruction.


Salafism right now is the weapon of mass cultural destruction.
edit on 26-9-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 

OC...although this was your reply to the other person...I would like to add something. The Breakthrough with the FEL has just happened very recently....7 years from conception....1 year on the Drawing Board...1 Year of Testing....!8 Months of Building a Land Based Nuclear Powered FEL that worked so well...a second land Based FEL was built and although these were supposed to be for experimentation for Tracking and there was a Hold Up when a Conventional Style Laser Reflection Mirror placed on a Satellite and first time the FEL shot a Beam at it to reflect the beam for over the horizon targeting...the FEL Beam VAPORIZED THE MIRROR!

In quite possibly the shortest time in HISTORY...a different form of Reflection Tech. was placed aboard a Far Earth Satellite and launched into orbit. The New Reflection system worked better than expected and it has been called a VERY LUCKY FLUKE! It is not a Mirror but whispers state it looks more like the EYE OF A DRAGON FLY. This allows for return of MULTIPLE SPLIT BEAMS and supposedly each Micro-Eye within the Multiple Eye can be turned, swiveled, extended and even flexed. This would allow for a Single FEL BEAM to return to MULTIPLE TARGETS at the Speed of Light and this makes the Reflection Tech. capable of Vaporizing many SMALL TARGETS such as a group of Taliban numbering 50 to 100 dug in on a Mountain Side attacking our Troops. IR-DETECTION verified by anything from a F-15 to a Humvee with a GPS IR-DETECTOR or a Satellite.


www.wired.com...

I don't think the FEL is as advanced as SplitInfinity thinks it is, but it is a priority of the Navy.

Still in a high-intensity conflict against a technologically sophisticated adversary, all naval surface fleets have a lifetime of hours to days against submarines and aircraft. There will be many very expensive and sunk nuclear reactors.

25 year old torpedo technology is plenty good.
edit on 26-9-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 





new topics
top topics
 
14
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join