It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military Power makes WWIII unrealistic.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by SplitInfinity

The reliance on technology can be an Achilles heal. It does not matter how good your military is if someone turns your satalites off line..

Well...that is the Beauty of this system...it is SELF PROTECTING. The only viable option for knocking out one of these FEL Reflectors for over the horizon targeting....would be a SLEEPER SAT KILLER. This is a Satellite that is launched in conjunction with another satellite and is by design constructed to look like a piece of SPACE JUNK.

It wanders the Earth in an orbit that has no realistic pattern...and once it get's close enough to a an FEL Reflector....BOOM...a Small Nuke goes off either destroying the FEL Reflector or the EMP destroys the electronics. This is as close as one could get to destroying an FEL Reflection System.

The Problem is that the FEL System is Programmed to Vaporize any and all Debris or Satellites that come within a certain distance from their Reflectors...and since the actual FEL is based at SEA or GROUND or even in the AIR...an immediate replacement Satellite can be launched for replacement in the Highly Unlikely Event that someone could actually destroy one. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Great Thread!

I wouldnt be surprised, in this technology.

Just Think of how much, the US spends on the Defensive Budget. That's really not counting, the Black Projects.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

It is a LASER that works like a PARTICLE BEAM! With a Global Satellite Reflection Grid and Networked Super Computers for Targeting...the Nuclear Powered FEL Beam is HOTTER THAN THE SURFACE OF THE SUN! It can target the actual independent MIRVED WARHEADS of any Missile and VAPORIZE THE WARHEAD. This is a lot different than shooting down a missile.

Uranium and Plutonium exposed to such concentrated Energy and Head will vaporize into Hydrogen and Helium.
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Good,,now lets target Japan and save the planet..

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

The answer to this issue is ALTERNATIVE SOURCES OF GREEN ENERGY. We have them but the tech is being held back. If we no longer needed OIL...there would not be a Middle East Issue.

Oh...although it is unthinkable...Vaporizing the enemy in totality would also work! Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

If you were to make this statement a decade ago...I would agree. Thing is that the new Breakthroughs are so over the top in their Power Projection abilities...it is not possible for any adversary to destroy the current system being deployed. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by DaRAGE

It is a LASER that works like a PARTICLE BEAM! With a Global Satellite Reflection Grid and Networked Super Computers for Targeting...the Nuclear Powered FEL Beam is HOTTER THAN THE SURFACE OF THE SUN! It can target the actual independent MIRVED WARHEADS of any Missile and VAPORIZE THE WARHEAD. This is a lot different than shooting down a missile.

Uranium and Plutonium exposed to such concentrated Energy and Head will vaporize into Hydrogen and Helium.
Split Infinity

FINALLYYY!!!!! An actual answer of what a nuclear powered FEL beam could do!

And still I fail to understand WHY it being nuclear powered has to do with anything?

I still fail to understand WHY an FEL makes WW3 unrealistic? It can vaporize missiles instead of shoot them down which is what a traditional anti-missile missile or laser would do.... like the Star Wars defence system...
Both methods still stop the missile from achieving it's goals.

How does this make WW3 unrealistic?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
If you had one of those fancy FEL lasers and this huge cloud of radiation blew over you.....if you fired that laser off wouldn't a Hyper-Lightning bolt follow the path of your laser down to you and burn you to a crisp?

So your weapon couldn't be used until you got out of the region/area with heavy radiation?

When WWIII goes nuclear the FEL laser would be useless. Its only good pre-nuclear launch. So the enemy would want regions around them heavily polluted with radiation to keep you and your FEL laser from being used.

That's simple. They could NUKE the Pacific Ocean so it's heavily polluted with radiation.....think that's on their warplans?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

OK...the FEL is an ELECTRIC POWERED...via Nuclear Reactor...Solid State Laser which uses Excited Electrons within the Beam. These Electrons allow this Laser to act very much like a Particle Beam in that a regular Laser can be effected and be reflected by Atmosphere...Clouds...Water Vapor...Temp. Inversions...etc.

The FEL with a Super Computing Targeting System along with a Global Network of Laser Reflection Units...will not just shoot the Missile Down...it can target the individual Nuclear Warheads and VAPORIZE THEM! Thus there is no Radioactive Warhead Fuel falling back to the Earth or Sea.
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The only problem I see with this is that you think America can't be invaded, it already has! It's called immigration and when world war 3 starts, how do you defend every city from psychopaths with dirty bombs intent on killing everyone? The FEL can detect those that wish harm?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaesDaemar
The only problem I see with this is that you think America can't be invaded, it already has! It's called immigration and when world war 3 starts, how do you defend every city from psychopaths with dirty bombs intent on killing everyone? The FEL can detect those that wish harm?

Contrary to popular belief...the U.S. Space Command has a Satellite System that can detect Gamma Rays and Neuron radiation. It is so sensitive that it can detect Medical Radiation Therapy. If there was a large quantity of Uranium or Plutonium...we would be able to track it.

The U.K. asked for assistance from the U.S. during the Olympics. The U.S. provided Satellite Detection as well as set up mobile units across Europe.

As far as people coming into the U.S....I see our countries diversity as a STRENGTH not a WEAKNESS! Some of the most Staunch Defenders of the U.S. are Children of Immigrant Families who wish to give back for what the U.S. has provided for they and their family.

I come from a Military/"CIVILIAN" Family. And you can take the quote around the word Civilian as they are intended...that being...I am a PATRIOT OF THE HIGHEST ORDER. My Mother was also a"CIVILIAN" as she was the "CIVILIAN" Secretary of a General who ran a MASSIVE SAC BASE. Needless to say...when my Grandparents were busy...I was playing in the Generals office as my Mother helped run the Covert Wars via the Bombing of Laos and Cambodia when the North Vietnamese stopped using the Ho Chi Minh Trail as our Air Force and Navy Avengers were Bombing the Trail day and Night. NIXON went on TV and LIED HIS ASS OFF! As he said we were not fighting in Laos and Cambodia. This SAC base which was only a few miles from my home...had to switch it's B-52 Nuclear Payloads for Conventional Bombs. This is how my life experiences started at the age of 2 years old. The General LOVED ME as his wife had died and he had no children...so Airmen would Salute me as the General and his Military Aid would drive around the base in an open Jeep with this little Kid sitting on his lap.

Other parts of my Family were also very important parts in the Military Gears as I was given pictures of SR-71's and U-2's after promising never to show them to anyone...which was easy since our Mile Long Street only had three houses on it and NO OTHER CHILDREN. I flew as a passenger in the jump seat of a B-52F at the ripe old age of 6 years old. I was kind of a Mascot to the Crews and I KNEW MY PLACE AND NEVER ONCE ABUSED MY PRIVILEGES! I have since learned that there was an FBI, CIA, DIA and NSA file on me before I was even born as it was documented when my mother was pregnant. And this base was and is so MASSIVE...it is actually an Emergency Landing Strip for the SPACE SHUTTLE!

The reason I am telling you this is that out of all the people I have met in my life...and especially Military People...They are people from all walks of life and were not only PROUD TO SERVE THEIR COUNTRY...but as in the case of a young Japanese American I used to call UCHI because I could not say his name correctly when I was 4...but UCHI told me this. My family moved to the U.S. shortly after the War and they opened up a Restaurant and people were so nice to us. My Family was worried being Japanese and WWII was still a bitter memory. Yet..I Joined the USAF because I wanted to repay the American People for treating my Family with Respect and Decency. I was very young...but I remembered what he said and like my Mother before me...I TOO am "CIVILIAN". My Family was originally POOR and my Grandparents rented. My Father an OFFICER started from nothing and now we own several large Family owned Companies. I made a deal and was allowed to Tour in a Signed Band and get an Education which includes several Degrees. The deal allowed me all this and in return...as I toured internationally...I took on JOBS...that "UNCLE" presented to me. By know I was Highly Trained and had been a Woodsman all my life as my Grandfather had taught me.

So I say to you...Immigration is not a BAD THING! As long as it is legal...THEY...BECOME...US! And like many before them...they will fight to the DEATH...to protect the Country that welcomed them and gave them a chance at the AMERICAN DREAM! We need more people seeking that dream and we need the right people Governing to give these people a chance of achieving it! Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

So I say to you...Immigration is not a BAD THING! As long as it is legal...THEY...BECOME...US! And like many before them...they will fight to the DEATH...to protect the Country that welcomed them and gave them a chance at the AMERICAN DREAM! We need more people seeking that dream and we need the right people Governing to give these people a chance of achieving it!

Unfortunately, not all of them do. If you really believe that there are not those that emigrate legally that would still turn on your country for the one they come from, or for a religion, then you are mistaken.

And unless the USA has become 1000% more efficient at detection than they were during 9/11, then they have no hope of finding terrorists with dirty bombs.

Where do you get this info from, your imagination?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DaesDaemar

No...it is of public record that the U.K. asked for Military Help for detection of possible Dirty Bombs entering the country. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I dont mean firing missiles at satalites. I mean sitting in font of a laptop and knocking it off line. No system is fool proof. WW3 could be won without the use of an army..

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

If you were to make this statement a decade ago...I would agree. Thing is that the new Breakthroughs are so over the top in their Power Projection abilities...it is not possible for any adversary to destroy the current system being deployed. Split Infinity

That thinking right there is what I'm talking about. "Invincible" and "more advanced" armies have been soundly defeated all throughout history by lesser armies. I was an Abrams crewman from 1996-2004. I was deployed to two different hot zones. I had always heard of STAFF round(computer guided) and MP(chopper killers) rounds for the Abrams. In 8 years I have never ever seen or gotten to use one though. Most of the stories of this over the top technology that you hear of that is possessed by the military is just that. Stories. They cant get most of this crap to work even in theory. Fraud waste and abuse is rampant by the U.S. military. I was in when they were going to install automatic loaders on all the Abrams and get rid of the 4th man on the crew. After a few years and several million dollars developing these high speed low drag autoloaders for the tanks the military decided that it was cheaper and more efficient to pay a private to push rounds in the damn thing than it was viable to have this fancy new weapon system. I seriously doubt this has changed much at all since I got out. Dont let the AirForce commercial with the transforming plane fool you. They have nothing like this.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

I dont mean firing missiles at satalites. I mean sitting in font of a laptop and knocking it off line. No system is fool proof. WW3 could be won without the use of an army..

I agree...and what country has the Highest Ability of Computer Design, Control, Computer Personal who have been working and programming computers since they were but children, Electronic Warfare Capabilities that Boggle the Mind, Super Computers Networked with personal who have the ability to Hack into any system WORLD WIDE, NSA Super Computers...ie...EPSILON...with the ability to intercept and record EVERY ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION ON EARTH, A COVERT ELECTRONIC WARFARE AND COMPUTER HACKING WARFARE BUDGET that is larger than the GNP of a European Country, The current QUANTUM COMPUTER PROJECT which is whispered to have been successful and numerous other programs.

The QUANTUM COMPUTER PROJECT...if completed or when completed...will give the U.S. Military the ability to DECODE or CRACK other Countries Guidance Systems even if they are using a Changing Algorithmic Encryption Signal or any standard 40 bit, 128 bit, 256 bit, 1024 bit, 1039 bit and higher...but it is the ALGORITHMIC ENCRYPTION that countries such as the U.S., Russia and even China to an extent that a QUANTUM COMPUTER COULD BREAK in a matter of seconds. This ability allows for an Electronic Warfare Aircraft to SHUT DOWN MISSILE GUIDANCE as well as HACK A COUNTRIES MAIN FRAME MILITARY COMPUTERS at ease.

This should be noted...and I know this as a FACT. The U.S. Military has the ability to make it's Military Main Frames UNHACKABLE. But what is done is a relatively High Level of a Encrypted Firewall is put in place and once this Firewall is Hacked...the Hackers are TAGGED. A low level of Secret Information is allowed to be accessed as a way to allow the Hacking Entities who ever they might be...to believe they have actually cracked an Algorithmic Encryption. China has done this several times. It keeps the U.S. aware of other countries abilities. But a QUANTUM COMPUTER calculates at a level that is over ONE MILLION TIMES FASTER than any SUPER COMPUTER in existence.

The FEL and MIB systems will not need to use a Quantum Computer as current U.S. Networked Super Computers are more than adequate to perform the task of Targeting and Tracking and any Defensive/ Offensive Systems such as the FEL and MEB...which U.S. SPACE COMMAND has designed Protocols of which Space Command to FEL and MEB Satellite Communication is performed in a Multiple Redundancy Fashion as well as has Protocols to VAPORIZE any target within any distance considered to be a danger as these Satellites are NOT NEAR EARTH SATELLITES....they will have more than enough time as well as information to determine threats and Vaporize them. The actual FEL and MEB BEAMS are Generated from Earth, Ocean or Sky....if the Reactor can be made light enough to be able to FLY or if the U.S. Military and Dept. of Energy FINALLY ALLOW the release of LOW TEMP. MICRO-FUSION POWER GENERATION TECH. This will have a reactor that is well light and small enough for installation aboard 747's or even New Design 707's that have had engine upgrades as well as had in the 747's case...a greater Swept Back Wing to allow over Mach 1 Speeds. However...PUBLIC OUTRAGE of the U.S. Population would be a problem for both Congress and the Senate as since we are in a Power Crunch and have at our disposal MICRO-FUSION LOW TEMP. REACTORS...there would be a HEADS ROLL ATTITUDE during Elections and RIGHTLY SO! The same can be said about U.S. Military 50 Years Plus in Advancement in the SOLAR ENERGY FIELD. This tech is being held back by Kick Backs and Big Oil Lobbyists. Current Military Solar Energy Generation is over 3700% Greater in it's ability to produce Electricity via WIDE LIGHT SPECTRUM Energy Generation as these units can generate power on a cloudy day by using UV-LIGHT as well as Multiple other Light Frequencies that current Solar Energy Units cannot harness. IN MY OPINION...THIS ENERGY TECH. SHOULD BE RELEASED NOW! It would not only create MILLIONS OF JOBS but also end our dependence on Fossil Fuels as well as Make Nuclear Power SAFE and without Radioactive Byproducts. The MAIN REASON that MICRO-FUSION LOW TEMP. GENERATION may be made public is that since all Carriers and Aegis Class Cruisers will have FEL's installed...the original Dual A1B Nuclear Reactors may not generate enough power for the FEL. A single Micro-Fusion Reactor can be fitted within both FORD and NIMITZ Class carriers along with 2 A1B Fission Reactors. This would allow for a single independent Reactor to power the FEL and since the Micro-Fusion Reactor Generates approx. 7 TIMES more Power than a single A1B...This would give the FEL the ability to WIDEN IT'S BEAM and VAPORIZE WIDE AREAS. SI

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The Soviets use auto loaders on their T-72's and other Tanks. The ABRAMS does NOT use an auto loader for two reasons.
1. The Auto Loader would not allow room for the ABRAMS Weapon Rounds STORAGE AREA which allows a crew to survive a direct hit that ignites the Tanks Shells. They will control burn on the outside area and top of the Abrams Tank. My Childhood Friend is an Army Colonel who has been a Tank Commander in Gulf War I...The Iraq Invasion as well as he went to Afghanistan. He was also in Bosnia as a consultant. He has seen an Abrams crew walk away from a Total Burn of Ammo.

2. Soviet Auto Loaders have a tendency to JAM due to TEMPS. that expand the shells as well as expand moving gear joints. The U.S. Military can develop an auto loader that won't jam but again...an auto loader get's in the way of the Blast Door between Crew and Ammo. Personally. I would rather load it myself. In a split second decision...knowing that you have a crew member who has personally put a round in the chamber...is a secure feeling. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Uhhhh.....did you read my post?. I was in when the army tried to put it on the Abrams in the late 90's. I was stationed at Ft. Carson with the 3rd ACR when they tried to implement this crap on the A2s. After millions of dollars and several headaches they decided it was cheaper to pay a person to be the loader. Ask the troops on the ground in Iraq who were buying their own body armor and going through the trash to put anything to act as a barrier on their vehicles about all the cool technology and laser weapons and terminator robots the army has. Its all B.S. It exists somewhere I'm sure. But its too costly to implement stuff like this and in the end boots on the ground with rifles win wars. Not fancy expensive gadgets that they like to shot off to the public to give this perception that they are the most advanced bestest military out there.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

Uhhhh.....did you read my post?. I was in when the army tried to put it on the Abrams in the late 90's. I was stationed at Ft. Carson with the 3rd ACR when they tried to implement this crap on the A2s. After millions of dollars and several headaches they decided it was cheaper to pay a person to be the loader. Ask the troops on the ground in Iraq who were buying their own body armor and going through the trash to put anything to act as a barrier on their vehicles about all the cool technology and laser weapons and terminator robots the army has. Its all B.S. It exists somewhere I'm sure. But its too costly to implement stuff like this and in the end boots on the ground with rifles win wars. Not fancy expensive gadgets that they like to shot off to the public to give this perception that they are the most advanced bestest military out there.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

I am not disputing anything you have said. I am an advocate of a Ultra-Light Nylon, Kevlar, and a Secret Polymer that they will not tell you about VEST to be used for all Soldiers. This vest saved my life as I was shot 6 Times at close range in the chest. There was some ballistic penetration but at the close rage I was shot at...which knocked me down on my right side...it is a Miracle I am ALIVE! This Vest weighs 9 LBS! That's IT! 9 LBS! and when you are in 116 degree heat with full gear...a Steel Plate with Ceramic inserts just is too heavy for rapid movement. The Vest I WEAR as I currently still do on occasions...is as thin as a Sweat Shirt and has good side protection as some vest can allow penetration when a Guy has his arm held up. It does not have a Fun Gun Flap though but although you might break a few ribs...the special weave is designed sort of like a Chinese Finger Trap.
It catches the bullet but will only allow it to go so far. As far as poor designed Vehicles...it should be criminal. I do my work on foot! We drop in a site at night and have to Huff it. But we have to move QUICKLY and if I were to be wearing STANDARD GEAR...FORGET IT! I do not wear a Helmet. And YES...I DO eat SNAKES! Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
Yeah. And airplanes. And ships. And Satellites. And tracking. And communications. And target designation. And more.

Seems like you still don't know anything. Go do some research into why the ability of the FEL to use varying wavelengths is important.

Seriously... Why in the hell do I the reader of a thread, have to be the one doing all the fraking research? It should be supplied by the OP. And if you want to teach me a thing or two about FEL's then perhaps you search google and post the information you wish to provide. That's called furthering the discussion.

No, you made assertions that are patently false. My suggestion for research was due to your making statements of fact that are actually fictitious.

But hey i'll play you and SplitInfinities game, and I searched google and found out that FEL's wavelengths range from Microwaves to terahertz and can be used for x-rays, medical scanning, anti-missile defence, ETC.

The military capability is missile defence for Navy war ships.

No, my suggestion was why the varying wavelengths is important to the Navy. FEL, while it will be a defense against both missiles and airplanes, will also do a host of other tasks. I supplied you with some already. It will do tracking, target designation, as well as communications. That is why the ability to vary wavelengths is so important. Each task requires a different wavelength. So one system will replace many.

They will have planes with lasers too.

Not that I am aware of regarding FEL. Can you show me a link for airplanes using FEL?

Congratulations, you have a laser! It cant win or stop WW3.

It can take down missiles if they can be targetted. It could take down satellites probably too. So can anti-satellite missiles and anti-missile missiles. Changes nothing but the speed at which they are taken down.

So a weapon that makes us near immune to Nuclear missiles, will destroy enemy aircraft at the speed of light, destroy all enemy satellites rendering their communications network useless, won't stop an enemy from engaging us? What exactly are they going to do, throw rocks at us from the shoreline?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join