Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

U.S. Military Power makes WWIII unrealistic.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I disagree with a lot of things being said in this thread. There is no such thing as a "super-weapon" or a weapon that will assure instant or lasting victory. We've seen battles won by those types of weapon, but the World keeps changing.

What the U.S navy is developing, it's also within any other country capability.

And let's not forget that all technology has a weak and vulnerable bone. It's just a matter of finding it. These types of weapon are really neat and cool, until an EMP attack sneaks up on them, and then you just have a big paperweight on your ship, while the opposing force has an old cannon aimed at your ship.

Things aren't that simple.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

That's right. Look at Africa, the Middle East. The AK-47 and RPG are the real weapons of mass destruction.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity
[mor

You might think we have such awesome weapons that no-one would dare stand up to us. You are wrong!

The reason you are wrong is because you are not considering the TYPE of war we will have with Islam. It is a RELIGIOUS WAR! In history the only wars that cannot be won are religious wars. As long as there are religious fanatics left they will fight in the belief that they are getting their 77 virgins in the afterlife or whatever their belief may be.

You could nuke Iraq or Afghanistan or use lasers or whatever else you can think of, but it would only infuriate them more and solidify their resolve. During WW2 Japanese pilots committed suicide bombing Pearl Harbor because of Religious values. The same will happen with the war against Islam.

The biggest mistake people make today is believing that technology will save them. It will not! Numbers are on their side since almost NO CHRISTIANS will fight their own war. They would rather stir the pot and make others fight for them. I fully support them fighting their own war and if I am not involved and they fight it themselves I am fine with them killing each other since that means more pie for me.

If on the other hand Muslims cause my land to be bombed or one of my children to be killed I will exact my revenge on those who caused this war.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
japans will use their secret weapon on usa and world will live in peace.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Oh noes!~ Not the sushi bomb!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Oh noes!~ Not the sushi bomb!

Incorrect; Mobile Suit Gundam!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Intersesting. Do you have any links so I may look into this?

Being former Military, I do know that most tech out there that is readily seen, also has a tech to counter it and a tech to counter that.

www.onr.navy.mil...
www.popsci.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

The reliance on technology can be an Achilles heal. It does not matter how good your military is if someone turns your satalites off line..

FEL can destroy satellites.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
You lack facts to back up your claims.

How do you know about the Russians dying?

How do you know they were using particle beams?

How do you know any of this?

Got a source?

I doubt it.

And so what about a laser beam that is powered by nuclear energy? All the nuclear energy would be doing is turning water into steam to turn a turbine to generate electricity. Who cares that it's powered by Nuclear energy? It could be powered by coal as well, or diesel or petrol or gas, etc.

How does a nuclear powered laser beam end world war 3?

Gimme a break!

Gimme a SOURCE!
edit on 15-9-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

Your post shows you lack any understanding of the subject, the different types of lasers, and why being able to be nuclear powered is key. Go do some research and we can have a discussion about what you learn.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

Ok so i googled it and came up with the following.

free electron laser

You may think that the Navy's just the baby brother to the two other US Armed Forces, but its weapon development record definitely shows otherwise. Just over two years after building an 8-Megajoule railgun, the branch has penned two $7 million checks to defense contractors Boeing and Raytheon for the design and development of a free-electron laser (FEL). For what it's worth, such a device has been yearned for since a day after the dawn of time, as unlike chemical-based lasers, the FEL would be 100 percent electric and easier to move. For those unaware,this stormy petrel of a weapon would be used to blast down missiles in mid-flight, all while putting on a pretty impressive light show. 'Course, the Navy must also figure out how to build a massive energy generating ship in order to use it, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here, okay?

It's a laser beam! It can shoot down missiles... that's about all it's good at.
It wont stop WW3! LOL

Yeah. And airplanes. And ships. And Satellites. And tracking. And communications. And target designation. And more.

Seems like you still don't know anything. Go do some research into why the ability of the FEL to use varying wavelengths is important.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

The U.S. Military has over the decades went the direction of a smaller more technologically advanced armed forces when it comes to conventional and unconventional warfare. Thing is, all an enemy has to do is take away that technology and the U.S. would be in big trouble. Detonate some EMPs and bring the military down to the level of infantrymen with rifles and the U.S. would get its ass kicked by almost any military in the world. You should see the way recruits are coddled in boot camp nowadays. The instructors cant put their hands on them anymore, or even curse at them.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Then you have to ask yourself how do they deploy the EMP weapon? Will it work on military grade shielded hardware?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by aytacaksel
japans will use their secret weapon on usa and world will live in peace.

Japan was getting too far in research and development....which is why they shut down all of Japan's nuclear reactors.

Japan built a sodium cooled nuclear reactor and that thing alone could have powered alllll their energy needs. Which is I think they use Spec. Ops to sabotage their sodium cooled reactor to keep it from ever coming online. Japan's failure is that they should have built it underground....and had more security around it.

Japan's research was pushed back 20-30 years since they took out Japan's nuclear energy sources.

I posted it here a year ago and everybody laughed at what I said....Japan will side with China to survive. Japan just signed a trade deal with China and will start trading with them in their currencies....not US dollars. That is frickin huge! Japan and china have joined sides to survive.
edit on 16-9-2012 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Yes, they are clearly BFFs, that's why China sent 6 patrol boats into Japanese waters, must have been a slumber party.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Japan is still under America's thumb, if you think their robotic feats are impressive to date just think of what goes on behind closed doors...a dispensable army that can rise up from the seas, parachute from an unsafe distance only having its parachute deploy at 10's of feet. HAARP provides an aerial grid they know what is flying through the sky, the exact dimensions, the reason why the are spraying so many chem-trails.

SoS

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence
Japan is still under America's thumb, if you think their robotic feats are impressive to date just think of what goes on behind closed doors...a dispensable army that can rise up from the seas, parachute from an unsafe distance only having its parachute deploy at 10's of feet. HAARP provides an aerial grid they know what is flying through the sky, the exact dimensions, the reason why the are spraying so many chem-trails.

SoS

I have yet to see anything from Japan that rivals what Boston Dynamics is doing. Can you show me something?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
Yeah. And airplanes. And ships. And Satellites. And tracking. And communications. And target designation. And more.

Seems like you still don't know anything. Go do some research into why the ability of the FEL to use varying wavelengths is important.

Seriously... Why in the hell do I the reader of a thread, have to be the one doing all the fraking research? It should be supplied by the OP. And if you want to teach me a thing or two about FEL's then perhaps you search google and post the information you wish to provide. That's called furthering the discussion.

But hey i'll play you and SplitInfinities game, and I searched google and found out that FEL's wavelengths range from Microwaves to terahertz and can be used for x-rays, medical scanning, anti-missile defence, ETC.

The military capability is missile defence for Navy war ships.
They will have planes with lasers too.

Congratulations, you have a laser! It cant win or stop WW3.

It can take down missiles if they can be targetted. It could take down satellites probably too. So can anti-satellite missiles and anti-missile missiles. Changes nothing but the speed at which they are taken down.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Then you have to ask yourself how do they deploy the EMP weapon? Will it work on military grade shielded hardware?

It would not be hard to deploy. A detonation in the atmosphere 3-4 miles up would send an emp blast across a pretty wide swath of the ground. It could be done easily with a low-yield nuke. Say 15 kilotons would do just fine. Detonate a few in space to knock out communications satellites. Military hardware is shielded some, there are some contingencies in place, but thanks to TV and movies people have this perception that the military is this well oiled machine that is prepared for anything and has all this high tech gear and just has plans for everything that could possibly happen. I'm sure anyone who has served in the military would say the reality of this situation is just the opposite. In 8 years of being a Abrams crewman never once have I ever had a class on this, and the Army loves to have stupid classes on the same topics over and over. Bring the military down to guys fighting in the trenches and we would lose horribly IMO. I saw a video on youtube a few years ago with Russian army recruits first day in basic. The first thing the instructors did was line them all up and go down the line punching them in the stomach as hard as he could. His arm got tired towards the end so he started straight kicking them. If american D.I.'s were allowed to toughen up the recruits like this America might have a chance in a stand up fight. But we have a nation of spoiled coddled people who think that getting yelled at is the most horrible thing ever. They should go back to training killers not being this kinder gentler Army that they are trying to be nowadays. Kind and gentle are two adjectives that should never be used to describe an Army.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
[
I posted it here a year ago and everybody laughed at what I said....Japan will side with China to survive. Japan just signed a trade deal with China and will start trading with them in their currencies....not US dollars. That is frickin huge! Japan and china have joined sides to survive.
edit on 16-9-2012 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

It's an interesting theory, however, it does not currently reflect reality. There have been many protests throught out China in the last few days. They have been protesting against the Japanese. There is much anti-Japanese sentiment in China CURRENTLY. This is being censored by the CCP.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

The FORD CLASS NUCLEAR CARRIER was to have 2 New A1B Nuclear Reactors. Then the FEL became a reality and there are currently 3 options being considered. Either install 3 A1B's but this would require the movement of some already assembled compartments as U.S. Carriers are assembled in compartment groupings.

Option 2 was to install 2 New and More Powerful Carrier Nuclear Reactors but the A1B program has already been paid for to a great extent.

Option 3 and a very good option it would be...is to install the 2 A1B reactors plus a NEW ULTRA-SECRET Micro-Fusion Generator. It operates at low temperatures and is one 6th the size of an A1B with 7 times the output of a single A1B. This would create a 2 year delay and the Ford would not launch until 2017 instead of 2015.

The ONLY problem with this is that if this tech. is made public...all those Congressmen and Senators will have to explain how it is that the U.S. is in the Middle of an Energy Crunch yet Low Temp. Fusion is a reality. There will be no way for you to find a source for this info. nor will you find any site with the exception of Fringe Theory Sites that seem to have some inside info somehow. The Extreme Small Containment Construct is a DEAD GIVEAWAY...that if listed on one of these Fringe Sites...means they actually KNOW SOMETHING!

Personally...although I know the Tech. to exist...I think they will use 1 A1B Reactor and 1 of the New and more Powerful Designs. Though out all this conjecture their is ONE THING YOU CAN COUNT ON....the FEL is a REALITY and coming to a dock near you! Split Infinity

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join