It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims protest in Sydney, Australia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Qu: What do Australian police have to do with an American made film?
Answer:
They are valid targets

Why?
Answer:
Because protests have about as much to do with Mohammed as the deaths of a few protests in Libya & Syria have to do with the revolutions over there. I.e. it the U.S film is simply acting as a rallying point every extremist muslim, can agree is worth turning up to protest about.
In other words the Australian protests say more about how the regime (in the form of a cross party consensus between Australia's party's) have let in too many people who hate Australian politics, and Australians, and those who help prevent Australia becoming a tribal, anarchistic society like where they come from (i.e. Australia's police, and employees generally).

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This is what TPTB want us to think/do

its not just the video that makes them angry guys, its from years of strife

and religion is always a problem the old my god is better than your god thang

try not to fall into lame stream media mentality its like religion, the tv is scripted
Kojak always gets his man eh eh

the wars are false flag events, we are being played

immigration is an issue before oz is over run like France

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The movie is being used as an excuse. The 9/11 anniversary is another excuse. The 12/21/2012 predictions are the real reason this is happening. Not because the prediction is correct but because Iran wants it to be correct and has started it. They believe Nostradamus was correct and this is the first stage to see it to fruition.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

Did not read the entire thread, but if you are christian and kill some one due to their faith it's bad. If you are muslim and kill some one of a different religion it's an E-Ticket to heaven and 72 virgins.

On another note why did spell check ask me to make muslim with a capitol letter and not christian?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Do you see Russian embassies attacked worldwide? No, because they haven't been starting foreign

battles all over the world and staging coup's etc etc. Sure, Russia deals with terrorism but mostly "blow back"

because of what happened in Chechnya .

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

When Greenland thaws out (chosen for its low population density), take all of the extremists, I don't care what religion, flavor or persuassion and plant them there. Let them fight it out amongst each other and kill each other off. At least it will clean out the gene pool. And while we're at it, let's throw all the psychopathic and sociopathic politicians, international bankers and multinational corporate officers and directors that created all the problems in the first place (or carry them on). It would be only fair to give those poor extremists something to practice on ;-) What would it cost taxpayers? One helluva lot less than prison maintenance.

People really have to learn to get along and have a bit thicker skin. Apathy sucks but this extremist attitude reminds me of the type of person who would follow you for a few hundred miles because you accidentally cut them off in traffic. It's just ridiculous, but you can't fix stupid right?

Just my opinion, but one can dream of a better day....

Cheers - Dave
edit on 9/15.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
PLEASE! All of you muzzies here in Australia that put your primitive religion before the peace and security of all here in our wonderful country, just GO OVER TO THE ME where you can jump and play with all of the other backward retards.

I for one don't want you here in Australia. If you were born here, then you forfeit the right to be Aussie when you carry on like you did in Sydney. The Cronulla riots, now the Sydney protest. PLEASE just leave!!!!! Hopefully, every one of those unAustralian maggots are now on a police picture watch list. (I wonder if indoctrinating CHILDREN with their dogma could be classed as child abuse? hmmmm)

Religion of peace blah!!! What a joke.

Just watched a doco on tracking potential terrorists in the USA, showed them interviewing a Somali who was let into USA on assilum grounds and he returns the favour with planning to bomb and shoot up a shopping mall. He was asked if he had any terrorist connections and he answered "no Islam is the religion of peace and forbids such things" while secretly planning terrorist activities. IMO the whole religion is based on lies, deception and plain brutal thuggary.

So once more for the dummy protesters, please just LEAVE OUR COUNTRY!

I guess this has to be changed a bit now.

Many Muslims today are not happy!

They're not happy in Gaza
They're not happy in Egypt .
They're not happy in Libya
They're not happy in Morocco .
They're not happy in Iran
They're not happy in Iraq .
They're not happy in Yemen
They're not happy in Afghanistan .
They're not happy in Pakistan .
They're not happy in Syria .
They're not happy in Lebanon .

So, where are they happy?

They're happy in Australia .
They're happy in the UK .
They're happy in Canada .
They're happy in the US .
They're happy in France .
They're happy in Germany .
They're happy in Italy .
They're happy in Sweden .
They're happy in Denmark .
They're happy in Norway .
So……They're happy in every country that is not Muslim.

And who do they blame?

Not Islam.
Not their leadership.
Not themselves.
THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN!
AND THEY WANT TO CHANGE THEM TO BE LIKE THE COUNTRY THEY CAME FROM WHERE THEY WERE UNHAPPY.

Very intelligent - NOT!!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm happy that muslim leaders and the muslim community in general has condemned the violence yesterday.

I don't think they were just saying it to appease the general public. It was obvious they were ashamed of those clowns claiming to represent muslims and were also saying they played right into the hands of the idiots that made the film. They also pointed out that the general public now has more ammo against muslims thanks to those violent thugs.

On the topic of the picture I posted earlier of the child with the sign. It's real, it came straight from a person at the protest. I was not implying the child knew what it said or what the protest was about but for a parent to allow their child to hold a sign like that is disgusting.

I hope that's the end of this drama.

I also hope many of those promoting violence yesterday have heard their leaders say those involved are not true muslims and don't understand Islam.

edit on 15-9-2012 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
When we get rid of the extemists, then and only then can we return to a normal society

This will happen, it will just take time.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by steve1709

Effing brilliant post mate

You summed it up better than I could.

cheers
res

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
makers of video wants more people hate islam. they was know people will protest. maybe they also made embasy attack (false flag) after movie.
you are feeling like what they except from you.
now they have more people behind them, before declare war to another islamic country.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I saw Keyser Trad and a young lady named Randa ??? (a lawyer) this morning on TV and like you, I believe they were ashamed by the behaviour of these thugs protesting.

These radical religious extremists do not want to assimilate into any community instead they want to live in enclaves where they can sneer and plot against us "infidels". They use any meagre excuse to validate their antisocial behaviour.

And people wonder why I have turned my back on religion...

take care all
res

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve1709
So……They're happy in every country that is not Muslim.

And who do they blame?

Not Islam.
Not their leadership.
Not themselves.
THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN!
AND THEY WANT TO CHANGE THEM TO BE LIKE THE COUNTRY THEY CAME FROM WHERE THEY WERE UNHAPPY.

Very intelligent - NOT!!!!

Oh it is completely intelligent - in western "liberal" democracies (even hte USA is "liberal compared to Islamic countries!!) they can protest to suppress anything they do not like and promote islam.

they are not in these countries for "the good life" - they are there as part of an islamic movement to take over the world and abolish everything except islam.

The "moderates" may believe otherwise - but it is an inexorable mathematical fact that the more "moderates" you have the more "extremists" you have too - and that islam does not actually ALLOW moderation - the koran & hadith are the word of god, unalterable, never to be superseded, and not to be argued with - and every moslem - moderate or otherwise, is ultimately bound by that.

The film is not what they are protesting about - what they are protesting about is that anyone can have freedom of speech that includes being able to dislike islam.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209

How disgusting

I have no other words.....

Yeah I saw this pic yesterday and I just...just...don't get it. There really is no logic and you know what, I think DOCS should get involved with those parents. For two reasons, you've brought a child to what is a violent protest, though it's hard to tell if was still a peaceful protest at that point; and two for making your child hold that sign up. I mean, sure, they aren't hurting the child directly, the child doesn't know, but clearly there are deeper issues when someone gets their child to hold up a placard such as that above.

Someone also posted about how technology is growing and so why are we going the other way, I think the improvement in this technology is not encouraging us to learn and while that's not directed at everyone, I think a large portion of society is actually getting less intelligent with each generation, very few are progressing. It would not surprise me if we fall into another dark age, where the intelligent have to hide their intelligence for fear of ridicule and punishment.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209

How disgusting

I have no other words.....

Does this little boy even understand what the sign he's holding means? It is very chilling, indeed...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
A good piece by Waleed Kadous:

They have shown a lack of wisdom in unwittingly becoming the best possible advertising campaign for a video that otherwise would have sunk into oblivion, languishing amongst the other 100,000 hours of videos uploaded to YouTube every day.

They have failed to understand the nature of a pluralistic Western society, that the same laws that give their Muslim brothers and sisters in Western countries the right to pray, dress and worship as consistent with Islam’s teaching are the same laws that allow people to make abhorrent videos of these kinds.

As Muslims react to these videos, they should ask themselves, are they truly repelling evil acts with better ones? Are they defending the Prophet, or desecrating his legacy?

Source

I think every thug at that protest should be forced to read that piece and feel the absolute shame they have brought upon their fellow muslims.
edit on 15-9-2012 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
A good piece by Peter Fitzsimmons.

HAVE we Sydney-siders got this straight?

Because on the other side of the Pacific, somewhere in California, some loser has thrown together some kind of amateur internet video insulting your particular god, you think it justifiable to: Take over the Sydney CBD. Cause willful damage to property. Throw rocks at police officers who are doing nothing more than their duty.

Hold up such ludicrous signs as “Behead all those who insult the prophet.”

We have to ask: Do you have the first clue as to the ramifications of your actions? Do you not understand that the net result of such irresponsible, appalling action is to give ample fuel to every racist in the country to reinforce every bad stereotype they have ever had of you, and that will affect badly the hundreds of thousands of other peaceful and law-abiding Islamic Australians?

In short, WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!

Get this straight, and quickly: some of you may be from countries where this kind of thing is acceptable.

But it is NOT acceptable in this country.

In this country you are free to worship whatever god you damn well please.

Others are free to worship their gods.

And I am free to say it is all nonsense over imaginary friends.

But you are not free to create the mayhem you did yesterday, simply because you don't like a freaking video!

Racists have said for years, “If you don't like the way we do things here, go back to where you came from.”

The net result of your actions yesterday is that – for those people specifically disgracing themselves in the CBD yesterday, not the vast bulk of Islamic Australians – much of the country now feels the same.

Nice work.

Read more: www.smh.com.au...

edit on 15/9/2012 by mungodave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'm at the point I think this is being "used as" some form of provocation for everyone.
So in essence, a type of psychological operation perpetuated by the global media outlets.

Just look around.
Everyone is getting angry and pissed off.

The religious fanatics all got pissed for nothing, now we are all getting pissed at them getting pissed for nothing.
Everyone's pissed.
I'm calling psy op on this one.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
funny thing. they are as australian as it comes when its time to go to centrelink. then they are middle eastern when someone says something they dont agree with.

all i can say it this attitude IS NOT fully sick bro.

You're right, with some immigrants, that is. I don't think all do what you've said but it would not surprise me if there were a large number who do.

It's funny, in so many countries we could not immigrate to and act the way we wanted to but then people from those countries can and do. I'm all for tolerance or religion and free speech and making this once great country an even greater country but I'm afraid we might have jumped onto the slippery slope a number of years ago and now we're going too fast to get off the ride.

On a side note, great win last night to the bunnies

I was wondering, we play the bulldogs next week...think there'll be tensions there? I say that, only knowing what those fans have been like in the past.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Watched the 13 minute movie trailer on Youtube. In all fairness, I would say that this movie is more than bit offensive. Such movies on any religion would hurt the sentiments of the communities for sure.

I wonder how did such a movie clear through the censorship hurdles.

However, to peacefully protest is one thing and burning buildings, and shooting RPGs on embassies and killing people is the other extreme. Such violence will not help the cause of Muslims anywhere in the world. The more riots they unleash, the more segregation and avoidance in society they will face.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join