It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Innocence of Muslims: PsyOp?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Was This Movie a PsyOp?

Everyone should know by now the events that have transpired due to the release of the alleged movie called Innocence of Muslims. Attacks against American embassies abroad have left several people dead, and things seem to be getting worse. American flags are burning all across the Middle East.

Violence in Tunisia

The movie went out of its way to be inflammatory to Muslims. I feel it was so over the top that the only purpose of it was to cause anger in Muslims. What I have asked myself is why would someone make a film like this, knowing it might incite violent incidents? Sure, it could be a lone nut out to insult his perceived enemies, no matter what the cost in damage and lives. How utterly irresponsible that would be. Instead of winding down the War on Terror, this is like pouring gas on smoldering embers.

Who benefits? Well, the military industrial complex as usual. The war keeps going, contracts renewed, weapons deals. A perpetual state of war in the Middle East. Also, this could ultimately be used as justification for tighter control of the internet and free speech. After all, if posting a YouTube video can get people killed across the globe, is that too much power in the hands of some idiot who makes a video on a whim? It just seems so convenient.

In addition to the overly disparaging way it treats the Prophet Mohammed, the film was panned by critics as also having zero production value or artistic merit, yet the maker of claims to have raised $5M in private donations to fund it. Where did the money go? We can tell he didn't use it to hire decent actors or spend it on production value. Did the donators know this guy was going to make such a crappy movie that would never have a chance of making money? I show this picture from the movie only to illustrate just how awfully cheap it is:

Critics panned the film. It "includes not a single artistically redeemable aspect at all." The directing is "atrocious"; the sets "terrible"; the acting consists of "their blank eyes and strained line readings".[12] It’s been called an “inept vanity project” that's "far beneath any reasonable standard of moviemaking." Neumaier concludes "Even if you believe that art can be blasphemous, you’d have to consider this thing art first. And that is impossible to imagine."[13]

The cast and crew said they were duped into making the movie. They had no idea what it ended up being about, being fed lies that it was a historical film set in the time of Christ. Why hide what the film's about if it is a legitimate artist making art?

The cast and crew have publicly stated that they were deceived about the purpose and content of the film. In a statement obtained by CNN, the film's 80 cast and crew members disavowed the film, saying: "The entire cast and crew are extremely upset and feel taken advantage of by the producer. We are 100% not behind this film and were grossly misled about its intent and purpose."

Last but not least it turns out the film maker is an ex-con with a long list of convictions for drugs and fraud. And he turned into a Federal snitch to get a lighter sentence. It was in jail that this career criminal decided to become a film maker and he wrote the script for Innocence of Muslims.

What made this guy all of sudden make this film? He obviously didn't have any film-making skills. Did it have anything to do with his snitching? So many questions and so few answers.

Here's what I think: this was a covertly funded psyop to inflame Muslim extremist into a new round of violence and terror attacks. Who is ultimately behind it, whether CIA, MOSSAD or some other clandestine group, I don't know.

Morris Sedak is the guy who put up the Arabic translation, key to getting an obscure YouTube video noticed by millions of Muslims in the Middle East.

Something doesn't smell right, in my opinion.

References:
www.wired.com...
Nakoula Basseley Nakoula
Morris Sadek
Innocence of Muslims

edit on 15-9-2012 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Something doesn't smell right, in my opinion.

Trust your instincts.
I feel it to, this reeks to high heaven.

More Than a Movie: Experts Claim Real Reason for U.S. Embassy Attacks Is Much More Sinister

Cited as the Pentagon’s leading expert on Islamic law, Stephen Coughlin talk[s]....... about the
“ten-year plan” that was drafted by Islamists in 2005 intended to make Islamic slander a crime —
not just in Islamic countries, but across the globe.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Must be a psyop. I've never heard of Muslims protesting against depictions of their prophet before. Ever. First time I've ever seen it. I am shocked to say the least.

Especially to go as far as to threaten beheading those who insult their prophet.

There is no way in hell these peaceful people who live a nomadic life of sharing and giving, expressing love and joy to all kinds of faiths, creeds, walks of life.. No way in the world they would do this.

Someone in the CIA is pulling your strings America. Time to wake up sheeple. Are you going to let them malign such a pious people?

There would be a special place in hell for you if you let this atrocity happen.

DEATH TO AMERICA!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
It sure looks like it, too many holes.

But like some psy-Ops it can backfire

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
One other thing people in ME have built up anger due to US Israel and EU meddling in their lives so much, the movie is just a spark in gasoline

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I think the most valuable intelligence will come from the data mined from the reactions of all groups involved on both sides of the game. Another good question: is the reactions anticipated or has it gotten out of hand?

Ex Con snitch the fall guy?

edit on 9/15/2012 by staple because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Sarcasm noted. But realize I didn't say specifically it was the CIA. I said it could be the CIA or Mossad or some other clandestine group that I don't know about. Look up Operation Gladio to see what I'm talking about.

For all we know, it could have been leaders of the terrorists themselves, doing it to make a series of planned attacks look like spontaneous violence. That would pretty devious. No one would suspect it.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

1st. Has anyone seen the movie? I understand its a "trailer?"
2nd. Unlike Judeo-Christian prophecy has any of the Islamic predictions occured?
3rd. When war arrives are we going to sit here and bicker or will we defend our Western ways?
4th. I have been doing serious soul searching for 35 years. If i travel to any Western area or Eastern Asian i am met with interest, kindness, and hospitality. Is this so for others?
5th. "Christian " nations sem to be so peaceful that we bicker over salesman or salesperson. We are fat. We are bored. We are happy. We have it all. We have free time. Why?

6th. It is not what happens to you but how you react.
7th. Did this occur because being sick of drones they said enough is enough "love/hate the one your with?"
8th. Why do they now have every name, address, lead, contact of every progressive thinking North African who perceived a better life through cooperation of Western leaders? Why take possession of oil contracts?
9th. Perhaps what Quadaffi did witj oil money is not being provided with Western aid.
10th. End the influence that russian times has on western minds and realize that as much as we would choose to do things differently than Israel maybe, just maybe we should look at expansion as the bed was getting too small for comfort, the Saudis are complicit, as they are needed less for oil maybe more for real estate. Thunk of how good life is ina Western country and know democracy is not for everybody hence fhe needed strength for an republic.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

I always find it funny when they are burning flags on the streets, it means that they have actually BOUGHT a flag somewhere (1$ store? eBay?) just to burn it. This must be the lowest level of ignorance and stupidity I can think of right now.

Well written post, I share these thoughts too. S & F

new topics

top topics

join