It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insurgents kill 2 at Prince Harry's base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I know they made another threat to find and kill Prince Harry prior to this 4 month deployment - looks like they are trying their best to follow through!

Heavily armed insurgents have attacked a British air base in southern Afghanistan, killing two US Marines and wounding several other troops, US officials say. Prince Harry, third in line to the British throne, is stationed at the base on a four-month combat tour in Afghanistan. There was no immediate word on his whereabouts at the time of the attack. Read more: www.smh.com.au...

Random attack on the base? Could they know he was there? Surely OPSEC would be tight about his whereabouts?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Who knows??

With everyone in the AOR getting their panties in a bunch over that movie, we'll probably never know if it was an attempt to get Harry or just the normal, "Hey, let's rocket the Americans."

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I don't even want to think what would happen if they got their hands on Prince Harry :/

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
really now? Prince Harry gets caught in a compromising position and now he's a hero and a target? Can you say "orchestrated"?

I'm pretty sure the guy is nowhere near harm. They wouldn't let it happen. Just another Princely scam PR deflection.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
What gets me is the way it's put ... Taliban attacks Harry's base... It's not Harry's base it's Camp Bastion. All different service men and woman are based there. From what I heard on the news too the attacks weren't anywhere near Harry. Just fed up of all this royal BS. He is a pilot, let him get on and cut the media frenzy over it

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Assuming he were at that base why would they release that information unless they want to raise the risk of being over run in the future for exactly that reason.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Just annoys me the papers and media outlets use the Royals to boost their stories, reading my sky news app it had a brief mention of Harry and then said Harry was 2km away from the attack. I know he is based there but it's not HIS base. Would the MSM got a bigger story if they said 'camp bastion attacked' I think not .. Throw in a Royal and the story is 100 times better

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
He shouldn't be there if his presence is risking the lives of others. He should not have been handed one of the armies top jobs over someone else who would not require the security Harry receives. Fair enough he wants to be on the front line, but when it comes with an added risk to his fellow troops its wrong and seeing as two American soldiers have been killed., he should be withdrawn immediately
edit on 15-9-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Now that they keep mentioning this on the news, the Taliban are likely to keep trying at that base.

Why does the media give out such info? It seems rather stupid when they know this will cause concentrated efforts from the Taliban on this particular base.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Now that they keep mentioning this on the news, the Taliban are likely to keep trying at that base.

Why does the media give out such info? It seems rather stupid when they know this will cause concentrated efforts from the Taliban on this particular base.

I would venture to say that the media wouldn't have their hands on the name of a location, if Harry was actually there.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
really now? Prince Harry gets caught in a compromising position and now he's a hero and a target? Can you say "orchestrated"?

I'm pretty sure the guy is nowhere near harm. They wouldn't let it happen. Just another Princely scam PR deflection.

If you hadn't of said what you just said, i would have! so true!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Just to echo what woody has stated.

If the sole reason for the attack on Camp Bastion and subsequent death of 2 US Marines was an attempt to injure or kill Prince Harry then as much as I respect his desire to be considered a 'real' soldier it is however obvious his mere presence is putting other people's lives at risk.

His ego or bravery or whatever must come second to other people's well being and regardless of what he feels or thinks he should be withdrawn immediately.

new topics

top topics

join