It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths Unsolved X-files (part 2 of 3)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Great stuff, OP...

Do you have any plans to address a few of my favorites?
The Cauldrons in the Valley of Death, Siberia...?
Tunguska, as it relates to the Valleymen and Nikola Tesla...?
And last but not least, Roanoke Island...?

Looking forward to the rest, regardless...

GoOf~
edit on 9/15/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: I can...:-P

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

It almost made into my favourite 15....but not quite.
Enjoy...........

The Lost Colony of Roanoke

It dates back to 1588, a time when the Europeans began to settle on the free land, that is now known as Virginia. The village of Roanoke was the one of the first English colonies to be established on the soil. However this village did not turn out to be that of a successful one. The Governor of this hamlet had the name of John White. The small population of Roanoke complained about their lack of food and tools.

They also contained frightening suspicions that the Natives may launch a surprise attack on them. These complaints eventuated in John White going to England to later return along with the proper supplies the colonists requested. John White returned three long years afterwards. But what he returned to was not that of a colony but of a ghost town. The area which was once a village was stripped of its people.

Houses and other shelters were nowhere in site. What was left behind were some small cannons, an opened chest, a tall fence built around the perimeter of the former village site, and a single word inscription carved on a fence post, “Croatoan”.

It is an incredible fact that hitherto historians contain no sure explanation about what exactly happened to the colonists and the residences of Roanoke in 1588. Theories on what occurred in that three year period include, the spread of a disease, a hurricane, they left of their own free will and the most widely accepted one - they were killed. Even peculiar yet probable theories such as extra-terrestrial abductions have been issued.

theshadowlands.net

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ladylove

Yup the elbow definately is not right for a front veiw. It looks he could possibly be putting his hand into his back pocket. The left arm is reaching forward slightly too and curves out the back of he shoulder. I think he is possibly wearing a white long sleeved top or jumper. Was white fashionable in the year this picture was taken? The head is still a puzzle. Although the top of the head has a slightly more pink tint to it from the other whites, it does not look properl head shaped. The sides are very straight up and down and you can't see a back of the head to neck curve. Maybe he has a scarf up round the back of his head? Just coz it is sunny doesn't mean it is warm when in UK (well up north and beyond that is). Maybe it is a helmet of some sort and the person is a biker and the white top is a thermal under top worn under the leathers?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by research100

Oh thats a bad little seed you got in that avatar ! One of my favorite movies.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

It almost made into my favourite 15....but not quite.
Enjoy...........

The Lost Colony of Roanoke

It dates back to 1588, a time when the Europeans began to settle on the free land, that is now known as Virginia. The village of Roanoke was the one of the first English colonies to be established on the soil. However this village did not turn out to be that of a successful one. The Governor of this hamlet had the name of John White. The small population of Roanoke complained about their lack of food and tools.

They also contained frightening suspicions that the Natives may launch a surprise attack on them. These complaints eventuated in John White going to England to later return along with the proper supplies the colonists requested. John White returned three long years afterwards. But what he returned to was not that of a colony but of a ghost town. The area which was once a village was stripped of its people.

Houses and other shelters were nowhere in site. What was left behind were some small cannons, an opened chest, a tall fence built around the perimeter of the former village site, and a single word inscription carved on a fence post, “Croatoan”.

It is an incredible fact that hitherto historians contain no sure explanation about what exactly happened to the colonists and the residences of Roanoke in 1588. Theories on what occurred in that three year period include, the spread of a disease, a hurricane, they left of their own free will and the most widely accepted one - they were killed. Even peculiar yet probable theories such as extra-terrestrial abductions have been issued.

theshadowlands.net
The Croatoan were indians living in the area at the time. I live here in Virginia and there are many things that bear that name in this region. Streets, highways, a motel even.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The Solway Firth spaceman to me looks like a jogger running away from the girl as already mentioned,but wearing a white or grey hoodie,which is a bit odd because I''m pretty sure we didn't have hoodies in the UK in the 1960s? Also the odd perspective effect could be caused by a long focal length lens (say 200mm or longer) which causes the fore shortening effect of bringing distant objects closer to the nearer ones,but in the 1960s I doubt if very few if any amateur photographers out for a walk with their family would have had access to such a lens and would have had to use the fixed prime lens most of these cameras came fitted with.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Twenty to fifty percent of hypothermia deaths are associated with paradoxical undressing. This typically occurs during moderate to severe hypothermia, as the person becomes disoriented, confused, and combative. They may begin discarding their clothing, which, in turn, increases the rate of heat loss.[21][22

Rescuers who are trained in mountain survival techniques are taught to expect this; however, some may assume incorrectly that urban victims of hypothermia have been subjected to a sexual assault.[23]

One explanation for the effect is a cold-induced malfunction of the hypothalamus, the part of the brain that regulates body temperature. Another explanation is that the muscles contracting peripheral blood vessels become exhausted (known as a loss of vasomotor tone) and relax, leading to a sudden surge of blood (and heat) to the extremities, fooling the person into feeling overheated.[23]
]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

The Solway Firth Spaceman
if you added the man's body from the waist down, it looks like he would be standing on the correct place to be there. His outfit is completely consistent with a bee keepers outfit, you can even see the netting hanging around the shoulders. They come in many styles. couple examples.

I would think the guy walked into the picture the guy taking the picture was focused only on the girl and the shot he was set up for and so did not see the bee keeper.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Some of these stories Ive of before but they are still great reading. Again thank you.

S+F

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Sounds like a perfectly rational explanation to me. Makes you wonder why they were being stalked for just a cute photo? There have been children born with encephalocele type birth defects of the left hemisphere that really opens pandoras box. 1964 was a difficult year for kids in the USA what with Kennedy and the Russians, that little girl looks a lot happier over in the UK.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Theory on #6; Something scared them, I don't know what it was, but something scared them. A disease, a being, a ghost, or a zombie, I don't know. Sympathies towards the families of those ten.

Theory on #7: The Sun. There was a project done in which if you wanted to drill with no need to worry about dirt and such, you need to reflect the Sun 35 times on high-gloss metal plates. But if it goes deeper than 200 feet, then they put a charge on those plates making them twice as worse. Good way to pack up and get out of there as fast as possible since that kind of technology is portable.

The cuts on the rock seems like they were melted, and it looks like a 5-foot diameter hole, perfect for anyone to get in and out.
edit on 15-9-2012 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I don't think the spacesuit guy looks proportionate to the distance behind the girl to the ground. the height where he would be standing to touch the ground would make him really long legged and crocked? ...and if he is a bee keeper ,...why did men in black suits visit the photographer?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I found this about the spaceman photo .
www.ecalpemos.org...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Read the first thread and now looking forward to this!

Great stuff OP...Keep it up.

Peace

Can someone please explain to me why this post above has 98 stars, 46 more stars than the OP's original post... I'm still trying to understand ATS (still relatively new) and i dont understand why some people get stars for just saying great thread...

Not knocking Jude, I love his work on ATS, but im just using him as an example, becasue in this case I feel its a great one to use...haha

edit on 15-9-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
awesome work op!

im impatient , part 3 please

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
if you read the link about the 9 hikers, it was not hypothermia, it is obvious that some died and the others took the clothes off of them.

All these theories ignore the fact that only two bodies showed signs of undressing after they left the tent. And it was the first two bodies found under the cedar. Their clothes were removed after they died. We can assume the bodies were beginning to show first signs of rigor mortis or stiffness after death.

The clothes of dead victims were cut off and later found near the bodies in the den. This proves that people were aware of the danger of hypothermia and tried everything they could to save themselves. Why did they leave the tent with all the clothes and boots inside is still a mystery. Many theories surfaced in the past decades. Few of these, however, explain a wide range of physical injuries that the group experienced. So there is no much point in mentioning them.
edit on 15-9-2012 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladylove
Thank you for posting this thread, I found The Dyatlov Pass incident post most interesting.

I read trough this article The Dyatlov Pass And found it very interesting also, It runs through the autopsy reports and states that it is very odd how the autopsy report simply stated "tongue is missing", And not any other information about how it was removed.

Thanks for an excellent read

She was the only female in that grouping. It could have a bearing on it.

What other trauma was found on her body? Or did she die vertically as she was found?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by research100
if you read the link about the 9 hikers, it was not hypothermia, it is obvious that some died and the others took the clothes off of them.

All these theories ignore the fact that only two bodies showed signs of undressing after they left the tent. And it was the first two bodies found under the cedar. Their clothes were removed after they died. We can assume the bodies were beginning to show first signs of rigor mortis or stiffness after death.

The clothes of dead victims were cut off and later found near the bodies in the den. This proves that people were aware of the danger of hypothermia and tried everything they could to save themselves. Why did they leave the tent with all the clothes and boots inside is still a mystery. Many theories surfaced in the past decades. Few of these, however, explain a wide range of physical injuries that the group experienced. So there is no much point in mentioning them.
edit on 15-9-2012 by research100 because: (no reason given)

The ones that were found under 12-15 feet of snow and ice? Was it the result of an avalanche?

The stated trauma of those in that location are conducive with crushing.

Then the others less injured tried to get away....and failed.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I have to wonder about the Chase vault.. earthquakes, maybe?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

One aspect of the Dyatlov Pass incident that is not mentioned is that the bodies were found weeks later.

The missing tongue is easily explainable (as gruesome as it may sound) : animal feasting on soft tissue due to time lapse.

Perhaps the missing clothes can be explained by 'paradoxical undressing'. Perhaps there was an accident /avalanch or the skiers underestimated the climate and ended up freezing to death. Apparently Paradoxical Undressing occurs just prior to death.

Tents being ripped apart from the inside could be explained by wild savage animals scavenging for food in the time period from when the skiers went missing to weeks later when their bodies were found.

edit on 15/9/2012 by phalanx001 because: Will read a thread to the very end before posting theories - appears that most of the above has already been posted

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join