It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths Unsolved X-files (part 2 of 3)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+207 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Part 1

The following accounts of strange events remain the subject of mysteries and miracles to this day - the stories themselves are truly chilling in their details. In some of these cases extensive scientific & forensic analysis has been undertaken leaving skeptics and believers scratching their heads as to the cause and/or anomolies surrounding the case(s).

Although I have provided only a very brief account of the particular event and where possible pictures, I would encourage you to hit the link for the full story. There is a wealth of information from various sources online if you wish to explore any in further detail.

5. The Solway Firth Spaceman
This particular story is mired in conspiracy and has the public divided. Me, i'll post it here for your discernment because its steeped in ATS philosophy.....strip it and lets get to the bottom of it once and for all. "The GUT" might find this story interesting as well because the M.I.B feature therein.
Bloody good story nonetheless......

On May 24th, 1964, Jim Templeton, a fireman from Carlisle in North England, snapped some pictures of his young daughter out to the marches overlooking the Solway Firth. Although it was an uneventful outing, Templeton and his family noticed an odd "aura" to the area there - as if there was an electric charge in the air before a storm.
No storm came, but Templeton did observe that some nearby cows seems overly upset and spooked. A few days later, after the film was developed, Templeton was shocked to discover that a strange man appeared in one of the photos of his daughter even though they had been alone on the marshes. The man appeared to be wearing a space suit like an astronaut! Kodak offered a reward for anyone able to give a rational explanation for the space man picture, but no one was able to. Experts concluded that the picture was not the result of a double exposure, nor was it the result of tampering with the negative.

The mystery didn't end there.
Templeton reported that shortly after the picture became public, he was harassed by men in dark suits who asked him odd questions about the weather conditions on the marsh, bird behaviors, and what Templeton was doing out there on the first place. They then tried to make him admit that he had faked the picture and, when Templeton refused to, they became angry and left.

Cumberlandspaceman.co.uk

6. The Dyatlov Pass incident.
Stories like this one are show-stoppers. Please hit the link because the following simply does not do this story justice.

Ten very experienced ski hikers departed on a trip towards Russia's Otorten Mountain. On January 25, 1959, the group reached Ivdel and took a truck north to Vizhai.
It was the last time any of them were seen alive.
On the 26th, the rescuers came across the team's abandoned campsite. It was deserted and the tent was badly damaged as if something had ripped through it. Oddly, it appeared not as if something had tried to get into the tent, but rather like someone had ripped their way out. Tracks were found leading away from the camp and, 500 meters away, the found the first two hikers next to the remains of a campfire - both of them were dead, shoeless, and in only their underwear. Between the position of the first bodies, they found three more. The positions of the corpses suggested that they were trying to return to the original camp, but succumbed along the way. It was two months later that the remaining four hikers were found further into the woods.

mysteriousuniverse.org

7. The Russian ground anomolies.

A strange phenomena is happening in some Russian forests. People are finding strange, deep holes. They appear in the dense forest, in the places you can’t get on the car or truck to bring any device to drill the ground. There is no soil nearby that should be taken from such deep hole. When people are brave enough to venture into the holes, they find that they end abruptly in the darkness. There are no any reasonable ideas on how these holes appear and what they are being used for. No one knows who or what is digging these holes or why.

englishrussia.com

8. The Canine Suicide enigma - Overtoun Bridge.
This story is personally upsetting but needs to be told nonetheless...........
dailymail.co.uk

The Overtoun Bridge is an arch bridge located near Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland which was built in 1859 and has become famous for the number of unexplained instances in which dogs have apparently committed suicide by leaping off of it.
The incidents were first recorded around the 1950's or 1960's when it was noticed that dogs - usually the long-nosed variety like Collies - would suddenly and unexpectedly leap off the bridge and fall fifty feet to their deaths. In some cases, however, the dogs would survive, recuperate, and then leap off the bridge again.
The locals have a name for these dogs: second-timers. What makes this tragic mystery even more mysterious is that many of the dogs that jump from Overton Bridge jump from the same side and from almost the same spot: between the final two parapets on the right-hand side of the bridge.

9. Poveglia, Italy

mentalfloss.com

Poveglia Island is one of many island in the lagoons of Venice, Italy but instead of being a place of beauty, the island is a festering blemish in the shimmering sea and is not only regarded as one of the most haunted locations on the planet, but also one of the most evil places in the world. Today no one visits save to harvest the vineyards. Fishermen even steer clear of the island for fear that they will catch human bones in their nets.

10. The Tale from the Crypt.
My wife has family on Barbados, as at yesterday this story is still the most revered on the Island.......

The Chase Vault was first built by The Honorable James Elliot. The first occupant of the vault was James Elliot's wife, Elizabeth, who died on May 14th, 1792. From there on, upon opening the tomb for subsequent burials, the coffins have been violently shuffled about - this has been investigated on numerous occasions and the obvious ruled out - this eerie scenario played out over generations, its not water ingress & not foul play - hit the link...if you dare!

profilingtheunexplained.com

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Excellent.

Please keep them coming. We need some distraction from the political/social issues.

+201 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Read the first thread and now looking forward to this!

Great stuff OP...Keep it up.

Peace

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I am genuinely honored by that comment

Thank-you for your interest....I have plenty more than just tomorrow conclusion and will continue to post accordingly

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I see that it posted twice (the story)... So ill comment on this one too, guessing the other one will be deleted...

Very cool thread.. Part 1 was great, and part 2 was just as interesting.... Cant wait for the finale!!

The Dyatlov Pass incident., is honestly one of my favorite stories... For those who've never heard about it or researched it, I do suggest looking into it...

The Dyaltov Pass incident has aliens written all over it... Something spooked them so bad, that they took off in the middle of the night without shoes or anything on... Imagine going back in time to witness what happened... Probably terrifying and amazing at the same time
edit on 14-9-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

The Solway Firth Spaceman is such an interesting story, I totally wonder what that is.. A hoax? Doubt it... Very crazy picture, just wish I knew who that man was

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I LOVE a good mystery...so having these together is a treat!!! nice break from the politics and all the heavy threads!!!

those 2 ladies who went back in time...they saw of pic of a man and said they saw him but his skin was much darker .turns out they were right about that, it was the style of the time to paint dark people light in the paintings...howq would they know that???>?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Jude, I think it's safe to say that you're the most loved person on ATS

Well, you and Slayer...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The Dyatlov Pass one gave me goosebumps. Good stuff OP, looking forward to part 3.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

WOW!
The mystery of the 9 dead ski experts is very very strange! What a great read! Also the other story of the families lead coffins being thrown about like rag dolls even when the door was sealed is absolutely eerie!
Loved your first thread and also love this one! Absolutely great stories and mysteries!
Can't wait for your next one!
Star & Flag for both of your threads!
Keep em' coming!!

P.S. love any stories/mysteries that include MIB type situations

edit on 15-9-2012 by Katharos62191 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
More please.

Always enjoy stories about odd things and occurrences. Keep them coming.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I consider the Dyatlov incident to be the most interesting mystery in the earth's history- but it sounds more like bigfoot than aliens to me.

The Italian island with the bones needs way more explanation. That was a serious injustice to have almost no information on such an intriguing story.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
I consider the Dyatlov incident to be the most interesting mystery in the earth's history- but it sounds more like bigfoot than aliens to me.

The Italian island with the bones needs way more explanation. That was a serious injustice to have almost no information on such an intriguing story.

I believe Poveglia was a dumping ground for plague victims, they basically isolated sick/dead people on this island from the rest of the population... And in the 20th century the island was used as a psych hospital and many patients/workers would speak about ghost sightings and hearing screams throughout the nights...

Ghost Adventures did a show on the island a couple years ago...
edit on 15-9-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
My brain is smoking.
I don't know if i can handle part 3.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

6. The Dyatlov Pass incident.
Stories like this one are show-stoppers. Please hit the link because the following simply does not do this story justice.

Ten very experienced ski hikers departed on a trip towards Russia's Otorten Mountain. On January 25, 1959, the group reached Ivdel and took a truck north to Vizhai.
It was the last time any of them were seen alive.
On the 26th, the rescuers came across the team's abandoned campsite. It was deserted and the tent was badly damaged as if something had ripped through it. Oddly, it appeared not as if something had tried to get into the tent, but rather like someone had ripped their way out. Tracks were found leading away from the camp and, 500 meters away, the found the first two hikers next to the remains of a campfire - both of them were dead, shoeless, and in only their underwear. Between the position of the first bodies, they found three more. The positions of the corpses suggested that they were trying to return to the original camp, but succumbed along the way. It was two months later that the remaining four hikers were found further into the woods.

mysteriousuniverse.org

Anyone wanna go camping? I know this really creepy mountain called "death mountain", c'mon, who's in?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

after you done with these three you should come with a prequel series keep em comming bro

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I think that one is highly questionable..Unless you where there the day the picture was taken to witness, first hand, the strange aura and weird animal behavior this man described we can't call this one valid, The MIB part is weird, but is there any proof these guy's visited him?..I couldn't find any..I did find that the photo was of interest to the authorities at the time, but i doesn't go onto any detail...I also found that this guy took another photo of an alleged ufo in this marsh..Seems awful lucky to me the same guy twice, photoed strange stuff here..Than again the astronaut could be some poor bastard that was involved with a teleportation experiment that went haywire

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

If I could go back in time to witness a mystery,this one would literally be at the top of my list! Is it weird the first thing I thought when I read it was Bigfoot/Yeti situation? Also Aliens is the next thing that comes to mind.. I dont really buy the story of humans that inhabited that land because I don't feel it was a human type attack that could have scared them so bad.. It is also odd that the Soviets were supposedly testing new highly secretive weapons in that area at the time, but not knowing what it was I wouldn't know how to link it to eachother.
All I know is if something scared me out of my clothes (literally) then ripped my tongue out of my mouth, or scared me so bad to try and climb a tree until my hands were completely raw.. That has GOT to be some scary sh!t! I mean they tore their way from the inside of their tent to out, without even having time to undo the tent properly, how bizarre? I literally have NO idea what could have happened! LOVE good mysteries!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by jude11

Jude, I think it's safe to say that you're the most loved person on ATS

Well, you and Slayer...

And sometimes the most hated...but I'm ok with that.

Thank you for your kind words...I truly mean that.

Peace

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Stuff like this fascinates me. There is a lot more going on out there than we acknowledge or perhaps even want to know about. Some of it is truly strange. Some of it sometimes feels like someone outside inputted a game cheat code. I'm sure this will all make more sense when we look at and are about to look our lives in reverse.

Stuff is happening out there. Maybe one day we'll be know what's going on.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join