It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sitchin NEVER said Nibiru returns in 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I don't know how this rumor ever began but I have known for a good while its nonsense. I have read all of Sitchins books, I'm a big fan and he never made any claim that Nibiru would be coming into close proximity of Earth any time soon. Why don't people look into where the theory of this rogue planet came from ever? There are extensive threads on this subject here on ATS and people go to great lengths to show why this is mathematically not going to happen and there has been no sightings of Nibiru coming toward us at break neck speed. All one needs to do to see the whole idea is trash though is visit www.sitchin.com... and read for just a few moments until you get to:

Mayan 2012
A number of Zecharia Sitchin's fans have been asking about the date December 21, 2012 and what it might signify in relation to Zecharia's writings. Zecharia would have suggested to any posing such a question that you "read my book". In this case, read The End of Days.

It is gratifying that Wikipedia lists one of the possible reasons for the significance of the date as the passing of Nibiru, a planet that would not be named without Zecharia's work. However, since I am not Zecharia, I'll give away a bit of the puzzle and say that neither cataclysmic events on December 21, 2012 nor Nibiru come into play as a concern in 2012. For more details, read the book. J.Sitchin - July 2011

In any event, if Sitchin was right about a few other things then we will not have to wait for the return of Nibiru.. Our test tube experiment existence combined with "accidental" hybridization left us so messed up, folks we don't have long. Something has to give. Maybe what the ACTUAL 12/21/2012 Maya Prophecy said will come true! It states "9 kings will return" and thats all it says, lol.. we could sure use the help.

edit on 14-9-2012 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Stichen was wrong about Niburu, so what does it matter what he said about it?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I remember reading in the Twelth Planet that it would be coming around the year 2060. It has been a long time since I read that. I neither believe or disbelieve his work. I do find it interesting though. I have also wondered why his work is associated with the whole 2012 stuff as well.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I have the book and have read it multiple times, never came across anywhere that it said that so if you can give me a page number or direct quote that'd be great.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

I'll pull it off the bookshelf and scan through it to see if I can find it. It's been so long though. I could be wrong, but for some reason I think of that date with his work.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
You can thank Nancy Lieder and Zeta Talk for the 2012 idea of Nibiru:

Nibiru Cataclysm

After Lieder, the first person to propagate her Planet X idea was Mark Hazlewood, a former member of the ZetaTalk community, who in 2001 published a book: Blindsided: Planet X Passes in 2003. Lieder would later accuse him of being a confidence trickster.[7] A Japanese cult called the Pana Wave Laboratory, which blocked off roads and rivers with white cloths to protect itself from electromagnetic attacks, also warned that the world would end in May 2003 after the approach of a tenth planet.[8] Roughly a week before the supposed arrival of Planet X, Lieder appeared on KROQ-FM radio in Los Angeles, and advised listeners to put their pets down in anticipation of the event. When asked if she had done so, she replied that she had, and that "The puppies are in a happy place." She also advised that "A dog makes a good meal".[9] After the 2003 date passed without incident, Lieder said that it was merely a "White Lie ... to fool the establishment,"[10] and said that to disclose the true date would give those in power enough time to declare martial law and trap people in cities during the shift, leading to their deaths.[11] Many Internet sites continue to proclaim that Lieder's object is en route to Earth, often citing its arrival date as December, 2012. This date has gathered many apocalyptic associations, as it is the end of the current cycle (baktun) in the long count in the Mayan calendar. Several writers have published books connecting the encounter with 2012.[12]

and

Although Lieder originally referred to the object as "Planet X", it has become deeply associated with Nibiru, a planet from the works of ancient astronaut proponent Zecharia Sitchin, particularly his book The 12th Planet. According to Sitchin's interpretation of Babylonian religious texts, which contradicts conclusions reached by credited scholars on the subject,[13][14] a giant planet (called Nibiru or Marduk) passes by Earth every 3,600 years and allows its sentient inhabitants to interact with humanity. These beings, which Sitchin identified with the Annunaki of Sumerian myth, would become humanity's first gods.[15] Lieder first made the connection between Nibiru and her Planet X on her site in 1996 ("Planet X does exist, and it is the 12th Planet, one and the same.").[16] However, Sitchin, who died in 2010, denied any connection between his work and Lieder's claims. In 2007, partly in response to Lieder's proclamations, Sitchin published a book, The End of Days, which set the time for the last passing of Nibiru by Earth at 556 BC, which would mean, given the object's supposed 3,600-year orbit, that it would return sometime around AD 2900.[17] He did however say that he believed that the Annunaki might return earlier by spaceship, and that the timing of their return would coincide with the shift from the astrological Age of Pisces to the Age of Aquarius, sometime between 2090 and 2370.[18]

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

It is correct that Sitchin was adamant about his fictional planet not coming round any time close to 2012.

Then again it doesn't matter since Sitchin is wrong about just about everything else including the properties he assigned to his fictional planet. The properties simply are not possible.

Since the properties he assigned are impossible there is no point in figuring out when his made up planet will arrive.

But you are definitely correct that some neer-do-wells hijacked the fiction of Nibiru and placed it in the pile of baloney called 2012.

new topics

top topics

join